Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, smpar said:

Lewis Martin had the game if his career that day at Parkhead, I was mildly surprised Celtic didn’t take a punt on him off the back of that performance alone.

Hearts were scouting him the next week I believe. Sent Austin McPhee to EEP for a gander.

Latest interview with our hopeless manager is a full page greeting about covid. He then does the usual sign off with ''I'm not making excuses...but''

Think we were missing Graham, Jones and Breen. Two of them he hadn't been starting anyway and one that's been utter pish. Can't wait till he's asked to clear his desk.

33 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Who could possibly give a f**k about player availability for a Challenge Cup tie at Elgin? Win 6-0, lose 6-0, it doesn’t matter whatsoever.

I would normally agree, but for PG a defeat in this game would surely get him the sack. Regardless we should have enough to win but I’m the same as you, I’d prefer we didn’t bother.

52 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

If there was ever the perfect time to sack him and go through an interview process, it was this week. A throw away game at Elgin for Shields to take charge if need be. We're genuinely getting relegated this season if Grant stays.

Yep. We look every bit as bad as that Falkirk team that went down.

It has a very similar feeling to the Davie Hay tenure. You can see from the start that players are not enjoying working for him. What they work on defensively I do not know. The back line can't stop crosses from wide areas, leave huge gaps 6 yards from goal, free headers. Just no desire to put themselves on the line.  It's the worst I've seen from a Pars backline.

Edited by Chubbychops

Still think PG can turn it around. Got the players there. Maybe need to make some big calls like dropping Dorrans etc (didn’t even know he was playing on Saturday) but if you can get Thomas, Kennedy, O’Hara and Wighton on song then that would cause any team in the league bother. 

Anyone know why Dick Campbell and Ross McArthur don’t get on? Was told Campbell spoke to the chairmen and said he wouldn’t return to the club whilst McArthur was there. I’m not certain Campbell would’ve been the answer but taking into consideration the wonders he’s worked with Arbroath and his past connections with the club, I would’ve thought he would’ve been a much more appealing applicant for the position. Something stinks behind the scenes.

I would normally agree, but for PG a defeat in this game would surely get him the sack. Regardless we should have enough to win but I’m the same as you, I’d prefer we didn’t bother.

Agree with this. Regardless of the competition, PG needs a performance/result in this game. Like it not not, he clearly hasn’t been sacked this week, but he will know his job is under threat.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Still think PG can turn it around. Got the players there. Maybe need to make some big calls like dropping Dorrans etc (didn’t even know he was playing on Saturday) but if you can get Thomas, Kennedy, O’Hara and Wighton on song then that would cause any team in the league bother. 

Absolutely no chance of it happening. Players aren't playing for him. He's too soft and apparently Shields does all the "manager" type stuff pre and post match. 

35 minutes ago, Gigi Alabocheré said:

Anyone know why Dick Campbell and Ross McArthur don’t get on? Was told Campbell spoke to the chairmen and said he wouldn’t return to the club whilst McArthur was there. I’m not certain Campbell would’ve been the answer but taking into consideration the wonders he’s worked with Arbroath and his past connections with the club, I would’ve thought he would’ve been a much more appealing applicant for the position. Something stinks behind the scenes.

In seriousness DC maybe flirted with the idea of it but he’s just got too much going on with us I think. Every single one of his guys in the club at the moment and he can do no wrong here. Plus with his work away from football I don’t think he will ever ever go FT. Plus there’s a hint of the John Hughes thing about him for whatever reason still the dinosaur shouts etc. I’d take a John Hughes or a D.C. every day over a more’ professional’ and modern manager. 

16 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

In seriousness DC maybe flirted with the idea of it but he’s just got too much going on with us I think. Every single one of his guys in the club at the moment and he can do no wrong here. Plus with his work away from football I don’t think he will ever ever go FT. Plus there’s a hint of the John Hughes thing about him for whatever reason still the dinosaur shouts etc. I’d take a John Hughes or a D.C. every day over a more’ professional’ and modern manager. 

Without sounding like one of those ITK types, I'm almost certain DC applied for the role but that was as far as it went.

Yogi was my first pick for the job after Petrie. The day after Crawford announced he was resigning Yogi left Ross Co. I thought there might have been a chance but sadly not, although if PG does get the boot then I would think Yogi won't be too far off the list again. Thing is, people thing Yogi is a crap manager because he like's to blether, is a bit of a madman and has had poor spells here or there, what manager hasn't at this level? Won the Scottish Cup with ICT, kept Ross Co up against all odds last season and done well with Falkirk in the Premiership years ago. No one expects us to go in and be a top 4 Premiership team again anytime soon, we need to get out of the division and then try to stay in the top flight, even if we're finishing 10th or 11th. I think Yogi could do that with the Pars. Unpopular opinion of course.

Can see us drawing to Ayr, Grant getting another few weeks where we inevitably get horsed off ICT, Hamilton and Raith, and then he will be punted. Surely the board aren't oblivious to the fans' anger at the moment? They can't just ignore the distain around the club just now. The attendances speak for themselves. The crowd we took to Raith was an absolute embarrassment.

Petrie is obviously the ideal candidate and we can argue all day if he would take it, but if they are serious about getting the fans on side, they should be doing everything they possibly can (within our means) to get him. It would be a PR masterclass and his record speaks for itself. 

Out-with him, and looking at unemployed Scottish candidates, you've got guys like Yogi Hughes, Stuart Kettlewell, Brian Rice, Ray McKinnon etc. Wouldn't really fancy any of them, but would certainly have them ahead of this trumpet we are stuck with at the moment, even McKinnon ffs. 

We're talking as if he has been sacked, but we are all in agreement that he is a dead man walking and it really is up to the board growing a set and punting him. Genuinely can't see us picking up any points out-with the Ayr game. However, if they pump us a la every home game in the league, then he needs to go immediately, but I fear he will get the full of September.