Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Need Martin back at Left back. Edwards simply can't defend. Wingers go past him time and time again. Surely folk will notice this one day.

I missed Lewis Martin’s stint at left back when I was playing Saturday afternoons. I’ve seen a lot of pars fans say good things but most positive comments I can remember seem to have came since he’s been injured. Was he as comfy playing there? He’s had some fantastic performances at CB but I do think we need someone who has a bit more than Edwards at left back. Seen him get rinsed far too many times. 

4 minutes ago, Gigi Alabocheré said:

I missed Lewis Martin’s stint at left back when I was playing Saturday afternoons. I’ve seen a lot of pars fans say good things but most positive comments I can remember seem to have came since he’s been injured. Was he as comfy playing there? He’s had some fantastic performances at CB but I do think we need someone who has a bit more than Edwards at left back. Seen him get rinsed far too many times. 

Lewis Martin was tremendous at left back tbh.

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

He played left back at Parkhead with Edwards playing in front of him IIRC.

I remember it being a back three of Martin, Ashcroft and Morrison, with Edwards and Comrie as wing backs?

Paton, Turner and Beadling in the middle, with Dow floating off Nisbet.

17 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I remember it being a back three of Martin, Ashcroft and Morrison, with Edwards and Comrie as wing backs?

Paton, Turner and Beadling in the middle, with Dow floating off Nisbet.

Correct. Was definitely 5 at the back with Martin as LCB and Edwards as LWB anyway. 

12 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Correct. Was definitely 5 at the back with Martin as LCB and Edwards as LWB anyway. 

THAT was how you play a 5 at the back when you are a massive underdog. For all of Crawford's flaws, he had more of a clue than what we're currently stuck with. 

5 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Morrison was unreal that day, never thought he should have been given the chop (or the others who did during that stage of the pandemic for that matter)

I’d certainly rather we persevered with our own young players than developed them for other teams.

If we’re going to be shite, I think folk would find it easier to swallow being shite with local lads in the team.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

THAT was how you play a 5 at the back when you are a massive underdog. For all of Crawford's flaws, he had more of a clue than what we're currently stuck with. 

We defended impeccably that day. A long range fluke from Mikey Johnstone and a deflected shot from James Forrest beat us that day. We had a stone wall penalty turned down as well when Julien took Nisbet out with a spinning wheel kick whilst last man. 

Just now, JFPar said:

Rovers game rescheduled for Wednesday 29th September, 7:45 KO live on BBC.

Noticed under that on Twitter that Lewis Vaughan is out for the season with yet another ACL. That laddie has no luck at all. This could be the final nail in the coffin for his career. Coming back from 1 of those injuries is miraculous, never mind 4. 

15 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Noticed under that on Twitter that Lewis Vaughan is out for the season with yet another ACL. That laddie has no luck at all. This could be the final nail in the coffin for his career. Coming back from 1 of those injuries is miraculous, never mind 4. 

Aye all rivalries aside it truly is awful. Whether he could come back physically from 4 ACL injuries is one thing but mentally, must be feeling rock bottom. Shame for the lad, despite his numerous goals against us over the years there is no denying he's a classy wee player. 

Lewis Martin had the game if his career that day at Parkhead, I was mildly surprised Celtic didn’t take a punt on him off the back of that performance alone.

5 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Need Martin back at Left back. Edwards simply can't defend. Wingers go past him time and time again. Surely folk will notice this one day.

Said it before and I'll say it again, Edwards is maybe a top end league 1 player, maybe. 

Not good enough for a team going for promotion, he'll be one of the worst left backs in the league. 

Decent going forward but can’t defend for toffee. Got absolutely roasted against Arbroath and some of the worst positioning I have ever seen against Morton.

PG has confirmed no new faces will be coming through at EEP. Kinda new that was the case.