Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I am not 100% convinced the new owners were that involved in picking Grant as is being made out by the statements released. I think they would have had some slight involvement but not full on ownership of the decision. 

There is no way they could say that the prospective owners (at that time) were not involved as it would have totally undermined the manager from day one. 

You would hope that is the case and they take control of the situation fairly soon. As he is still in a job after that shambles at the weekend, it’s likely he is going to get at least the first quarter of fixtures; unless Ayr and ICT dish out some proper embarrassing scuddings. His fate has already been sealed, we can all agree on that.

Potential Nisbet money could be available if rumours are to be believed about him moving. You don’t want to be using that for paying off this idiot, but needs must. That money should be for developing the youth and training facilities but the short term must take priority as it isn’t hyperbolic to suggest we will get relegated if we persist with this fud.

A promotion favourite that has just been bought over by a German consortium appointing a manager that just got relegated with part-time Alloa Athletic, and fairly comfortably at that. Didn’t think it was possible to eclipse the Falkirk banter years, but we are giving it a right good go 🤣

4 hours ago, JFPar said:

When we had our stint in league 1 post admin I could sense a real togetherness off the pitch. Fans were travelling all over the country in their thousands, good Dunfermline people were involved at the club and you felt like we were really going places off the park. I'm not sure when or where but somewhere down the line that has disappeared. Ross McCarthur used to go on about being transparent but I feel it's back to a them and us situation between fans and board. The relationship is pretty sour just now and has been for some time.

Feel like it's like when someone has a health scare they live life to the letter of their doctors orders or do everything they want to but if things get back to normal so does their life.

The club has hit a stall by basically treading water since AJ got us up, even things like cup runs haven't been exciting since Johnston left.

We still have good folk involved and are probably in even better shape off the field than ever before. 

I hope the lack of transparency is due to the highly sensitive nature of the commercial decisions at the Baird level hopefully we will be able to have a supporters council meeting before long as I personally think it's important for fans to have a direct engagement with the board rather than just bumping into folk, that said it's not perfect.

24 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

I am not 100% convinced the new owners were that involved in picking Grant as is being made out by the statements released. I think they would have had some slight involvement but not full on ownership of the decision. 

There is no way they could say that the prospective owners (at that time) were not involved as it would have totally undermined the manager from day one. 

They have been on the board for a year now, not sure how much more involved they could be.

15 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Good of Swansea to open the bidding at £5mil. That’s £1.5 million to us. Do I hear £6mil? £6m. Do I hear £6.5..?

How much of that do the Germans trouser?

24 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Good of Swansea to open the bidding at £5mil. That’s £1.5 million to us. Do I hear £6mil? £6m. Do I hear £6.5..?

£10m on the phone from Beijing.

A midfield of Pybus and Dorrans is absolutely shite. We need a defensive midfielder in there and someone better than Pybus. Can't see it happening, unless we can get some loans in. 

Neil Parry is available if we are looking at goalkeepers. A lot better option that the two we currently have. Solid enough. 

9 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Neil Parry is available if we are looking at goalkeepers. A lot better option that the two we currently have. Solid enough. 

Signed for Clyde the day after he left Alloa. Any idea when Iain Wilson is due back? What a difference he would make.

1 minute ago, JFPar said:

Signed for Clyde the day after he left Alloa. Any idea when Iain Wilson is due back? What a difference he would make.

Ah, never saw that! There's been nothing said about Wilson. Lewis Martin has played as a CDM at times I think? 

Chances of getting someone in today? Slim?

Do we even want Grant to make more signings? Can he be trusted to?

Ideally, we’d sign a midfielder with a bit of fight. A ball winner, someone more physical. We’re getting bullied and totally overrun in midfield. Doesn’t need to be a giant, just someone who’ll get stuck in and do the dirty work. Not like the soft players we already have. Dorrans seems to run away from opposition when they have the ball. Complete opposite of a leader, despite having that armband and seemingly being undroppable.

Iain Wilson is the type of player we need. But can we trust him to get fit, never mind stay fit? At the very least, we need someone to cover for him and provide that battling mentality for the large percentage of the season he’s unavailable. But Grant’s signings so far have shown that he doesn’t have a clue how to build a balanced squad.