Walking Down The Halbeath Road

40 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

SD very generous on Moyes’ spell at OT there. He certainly should have been given more time to make it work but he wasn’t doing a good job even with the difficult circumstances factored in.

People just seem to completely ignore the fact Mourinho won two trophies at United and had them finish 2nd with 81 points. Ole hasn’t won anything despite spending an absolute fortune.

We can debate the merits of Moyes spell at Man Utd if you want. The point though is that even if he was dreadful there he's a guy with a track record in successful management at multiple other clubs and therefore, an appalling comparison to Peter Grant as an appointment. Even leaving aside the fact that it's not a remotely comparable market.

37 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, I'm not sure if he got the point of my comparison. He was the 'chosen one' and made an utter c**t of the job.  I don't care what he did before or after United.  I wasn't debating if Moyes is a good manager or not.

You said he was a high profile comparison to Grant. He's not. He had a successful background in football management that Grant does not. He was also handpicked by his legendary predecessor. Not the same as Ross McArthur or the Germans deciding that Grant was the man for the job.

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You said he was a high profile comparison to Grant. He's not. He had a successful background in football management that Grant does not. He was also handpicked by his legendary predecessor. Not the same as Ross McArthur or the Germans deciding that Grant was the man for the job.

So you agree that both were the only candidates considered for both jobs, and both failed/are failing spectacularly.  I'm glad we agree.

Quite why you're going on about Moyes career before and after is puzzling, given that's not was is being discussed here.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

You won (not that's a big achievement these days given this is the worst situation at EEP in donkeys) so just be graceful in victory, eh? 

Arbroath fans are absolutely weird man. 

Your avatars bit weird bro 

Where is ben1885s vlog

29 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

So you agree that both were the only candidates considered for both jobs, and both failed/are failing spectacularly.  I'm glad we agree.

Quite why you're going on about Moyes career before and after is puzzling, given that's not was is being discussed here.

You cannot ignore their respective careers before appointment in terms of their consideration for the position regardless of whether other candidates were considered or not. It was and remains a frankly awful comparison.

Just now, Gigi Alabocheré said:

Ban vlogging at football matches IMO. 

Should be illegal. Bunch of sad b*****ds. Nothing wrong with podcasts or wee online discussion post-match, but actively going to a game of football and recording it and yourself is sad as f*ck. 

Can't stand that sort of shite. Between that and recording concerts on your phone. What happened to living in the moment? Nobody fucking cares about your shite-quality recording of something. 

Some small clips are alright, but c***s who do it constantly need to f**k up. For example, we'd never have "that's never ten yairds" without those. 

29 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Should be illegal. Bunch of sad b*****ds. Nothing wrong with podcasts or wee online discussion post-match, but actively going to a game of football and recording it and yourself is sad as f*ck. 

13 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Can't stand that sort of shite. Between that and recording concerts on your phone. What happened to living in the moment? Nobody fucking cares about your shite-quality recording of something. 

Some small clips are alright, but c***s who do it constantly need to f**k up. For example, we'd never have "that's never ten yairds" without those. 

What a pair of miserable b*****ds 😂

If people enjoy doing it and they’re not harming anyone else, why would you possibly care? No one is forcing you to watch.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We can debate the merits of Moyes spell at Man Utd if you want. The point though is that even if he was dreadful there he's a guy with a track record in successful management at multiple other clubs and therefore, an appalling comparison to Peter Grant as an appointment. Even leaving aside the fact that it's not a remotely comparable market.

I think it was fairly obvious that @TheScarf was referring to the fact that both men were appointed without any recruitment process.

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

We’re actually going to keep this fud aren’t we? 😭

Thought I had maybe read too much into the Watson interview but looks like everyone is of a similar opinion.   Fed up of being chucked under the bus by the manager they have decided to fight back.

We are but I can't say I'm surprised. Calling for the managers sacking after 3 league games isn't normal but I think it is warranted in this case. Brought in a guy that got relegated from the league last season that none of us wanted who has now gone on to talk an awful lot of p1sh, making bold predictions and some dogsh*t signings. The board have shot themselves in the foot with this one but they're a stubborn bunch. We kept AJ well past his sell by date and we done the same with Crawford. Crawford would still be in place now if he didn't resign.

3 hours ago, 101 said:

Paul Watson's interview is about as good as you can ask after Grant keeps throwing them under the bus I hope the players can stay together as a group.

Can't honestly see Grant being punted before the first quarter is out unless he keeps losing 3-0.

Grant is becoming a great incentive for other clubs when playing DAFC!!

The Nisbet situation could go a long way to determine why happens with Grant. 
£1mil+ from Hibs and it’s “fire at will” for Grant. Without that? It’s either pay him off and promote from within or seek a handout from a director and is that really the business model we want to see?

As much as it would be a relief to get rid of the old duffer, it would be extremely frustrating to have to spent a substantial amount of money to get rid of someone who shouldn’t have been given the job in the first place.

38 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Aye bit harsh like it’s something I would never ever do myself but I enjoy watching them just to get a feel of games and to see different stadiums etc. Better than watching the Tele. 

I would never do it myself and I wouldn’t bother watching one but I’m not going to criticise others if that’s what they enjoy doing.