Walking Down The Halbeath Road

He's lost the dressing room. It's plain to see. Talks a good game, but it's clear he is too soft and constantly sits on the seat not moving off his arse to do anything. The players look totally lost, disjointed and none of that "togetherness" feeling present on the pitch at all. Y'know that sort of feeling you seen present, for example, season 2015-16. The players were all playing for each other and the manager. Million miles away from that. 

Since we can get full crowds outdoors and hospitality, I wonder if the club have any plans for a supporters council meeting in the coming months. All very well the new investors meeting various fan groups that have connections to the club like the PST, Lifeline etc but that does nothing for the average punter.

Most frustrating thing for me is we don't have a league game this weekend. A meaningless cup game at the other end of the country awaits. The boys could go out and win 10-0 but it counts for nothing. A big win and you'll have numpties saying we've turned a corner. Then brought back to reality in the league. Is it wrong to want an Elgin win on Saturday? I couldn't give a rats ass if we won this cup and it would push PG closer to the door. I've supported the Pars long enough, there's no way our current board are giving him the boot after the 3rd league game of the season.

Paul Watson's interview is about as good as you can ask after Grant keeps throwing them under the bus I hope the players can stay together as a group.

Can't honestly see Grant being punted before the first quarter is out unless he keeps losing 3-0.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Paul Watson was always a good guy, and one I wish we'd held onto.

What is this talk of getting 1M+ for Nisbet? Do you have a 25% sell on fee organised? Good thinking if so.

Strong rumours from the journo world in Twitterland it was around the 1/3 mark of next sell-on. 

Hibs offered £250k in the January window 2020. We knocked that one back. They offered the same in the summer of 2020 which was obviously accepted, so I assume that they whacked on a good sell-on clause as they were pretty desperate to get him. 

14 hours ago, TheScarf said:

We did what you've done once; held no interviews and we appointed our just retired captain, and we got relegated.

Edit - Moyes to United was a high profile example of the same type of thing.

That's a terrible example. Moyes is an outstanding manager who was successful at Preston, Everton and West Ham twice. It didn't work out at Manchester United mainly because the much lauded 'Sur Alex' left a car crash of a situation where he wrung a last title out of a group that desperately needed replacing but wasn't addressed. Van Gaal, Mourinho and Solskjaer haven't done an awful lot better since although throwing enormous sums of money at it under the latter at least now has them competitive. And Sunderland have been an utter car crash for years. Nobody's managed to sort them out since relegation from the Premier, including Jack Ross.

Man United failed under Moyes because of issues outwith his control largely. It's not remotely similar to Peter Grant going to Dunfermline.

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

That's a terrible example. Moyes is an outstanding manager who was successful at Preston, Everton and West Ham twice. It didn't work out at Manchester United mainly because the much lauded 'Sur Alex' left a car crash of a situation where he wrung a last title out of a group that desperately needed replacing but wasn't addressed. Van Gaal, Mourinho and Solskjaer haven't done an awful lot better since although throwing enormous sums of money at it under the latter at least now has them competitive. And Sunderland have been an utter car crash for years. Nobody's managed to sort them out since relegation from the Premier, including Jack Ross.

Man United failed under Moyes because of issues outwith his control largely. It's not remotely similar to Peter Grant going to Dunfermline.

Didn't Moyes take the champions from the season previous to 7th and failing to qualify for Europe?  Or am I thinking of some one else?

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Didn't Moyes take the champions from the season previous to 7th and failing to qualify for Europe?  Or am I thinking of some one else?

What position is his team today?

Maybe a replacement for Grant for such a high flying team as Dunfermline.

4 minutes ago, Seeker said:

What position is his team today?

Maybe a replacement for Grant for such a high flying team as Dunfermline.

You won (not that's a big achievement these days given this is the worst situation at EEP in donkeys) so just be graceful in victory, eh? 

Arbroath fans are absolutely weird man. 

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

For a team aiming to win the league, at home to a part time side, that says it all.

If Grant isn't gone by the time I'm heating up my lunch today, itll be a farce.

13 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

You won (not that's a big achievement these days given this is the worst situation at EEP in donkeys) so just be graceful in victory, eh? 

Arbroath fans are absolutely weird man. 

You funny

SD very generous on Moyes’ spell at OT there. He certainly should have been given more time to make it work but he wasn’t doing a good job even with the difficult circumstances factored in.

People just seem to completely ignore the fact Mourinho won two trophies at United and had them finish 2nd with 81 points. Ole hasn’t won anything despite spending an absolute fortune.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

The world of football is a unique one. The top clubs will not open up applications for their managerial roles. When Pep leaves City, do you think that they will open up applications? No, they’ll have a target in mind and try to pursue them.

However, we are not anywhere near that bracket of being a top club, so opening the job up to applicants and offering interviews to some of those applicants in the summer would not have been a bad idea. Having said that, if we had identified someone like Petrie as a target and appointed him, I don’t think many would have complained. The issue is actually that we headhunted a man that never looked like a good fit for the job and it seems very unlikely that all of the failed applicants would have done a worse job. In fact, it’s hard to believe any of them would have us in a worse position than we are right now.

The problem we have now, is that a proper recruitment process takes time and because our board have been so stupid, we can’t afford to take that time, when we finally punt the manager. We really need to be going behind his back and sounding out potential new managers, so that someone is ready to come in right away. If the board haven’t yet accepted that they’ve had a shocker here, then it’ll be too late before they take action. The longer they leave it, the more likely league one football is for us. It’s as simple as that.

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

SD very generous on Moyes’ spell at OT there. He certainly should have been given more time to make it work but he wasn’t going a good job even with the difficult circumstances factored in.

People just seem to completely ignore the fact Mourinho won two trophies at United and had them finish 2nd with 81 points. Ole hasn’t won anything despite spending an absolute fortune.

Yep, I'm not sure if he got the point of my comparison. He was the 'chosen one' and made an utter cunt of the job.  I don't care what he did before or after United.  I wasn't debating if Moyes is a good manager or not.

4 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

The longer they leave it, the more likely league one football is for us. It’s as simple as that

A lot of it lies on how long Ayr also stick with their manager if we twist after them feel like we could be sunk.

A lot of it lies on how long Ayr also stick with their manager if we twist after them feel like we could be sunk.

I think a lot of that probably depends on the result on the 11th. If either team lose, I think the manager will leave. If it’s a draw, I think both clubs are stuck with their man for another week or 2 after that.

If Peter Grant can lead us to a win that day and we kick on from there, fair enough. But I just can’t see it. We have been so lacklustre and devoid of any ideas.

Dorrans place on the pitch being untouchable (never mind the decision to give him the armband!), the refusal to drop Mehmet and the manager bemoaning the loss of Ross Graham to covid really doesn’t bode well.

If he survives long enough to get a crack at the Ayr game, the board are bigger idiots than I believe they currently are.

They have had yet another shocker this season. McArthur is an absolute clown.