Walking Down The Halbeath Road

He said his C.V speaks for it's self. Which it does. He never been a successful manager in his life.

Being a coach is down to your mate asking you to be part of their coaching team.That's what his C.V is built on.

Think our board need to start looking at people who have shown an aptitude for football management. Not coaches like Crawford and Grant that have no record of success as a football manager.

It was Petrie's job all day long, and we bottled it. The price you pay for absolutely horrendous appointments like this is relegation to the seaside leagues, if you leave it too late. Look at Raith with Locke ffs. We're no doubt going to be in the exact same position as them in 2017 because that's what we excel in: poor management of running a football club with good potential. 

If the decision to hire Grant was purely Meggle's, then it doesn't bode well for the future. McArthur made poor decisions in his tenure, very poor actually, but this could potentially work out to be the worst of them all since we got back in to the Championship. 

16 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Think our board need to start looking at people who have shown an aptitude for football management. Not coaches like Crawford and Grant that have no record of success as a football manager.

It’s laughable that they don’t already seem to see having an “aptitude for football management” as a prerequisite for the job.

I wonder how long it will take before the fans start singing for Petrie.

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

It was Petrie's job all day long, and we bottled it.

Not sure if we asked him or if he’d have wanted it tbf.

However, it clearly would have been a *far* more popular appointment and Petrie would subsequently have been awarded more time and patience from the support than Grant will get.

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

However, it clearly would have been a *far* more popular appointment and Petrie would subsequently have been awarded more time and patience from the support than Grant will get.

He'd have jumped at it. It's as simple as that. It would have also been a PR masterclass. 

I'm not saying he'd be the Messiah, but he clearly has a better track record as an actual MANAGER in Scottish football than this clown we are stuck with. 

10 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

He said his C.V speaks for it's self. Which it does. He never been a successful manager in his life.

Being a coach is down to your mate asking you to be part of their coaching team.That's what his C.V is built on.

Yep and I doubt anyone with any dose of realism expects a manager with a continuous run of success, just someone who at some point has achieved relative success in the managerial job they were doing. 

AJ could at least demonstrate success with QoS and had proven attributes of doing the single thing he was employed to so. 

Petrie can demonstrate success on a consistent basis with a team punching above their weight. 

How could we reject every applicant for the manager’s job, in favour of this nutter?
IMG_2299.thumb.jpg.f11492392d0ac6edb09120ceda96ffb7.jpg

Totally baffled reading this. When we went 4atb with Comrie at RB, he stopped MOTM Bassey from getting any more joy out of the game.

When the shape changed we didn’t play well by any stretch but we clearly handled Rangers attack far better. Don’t want to imagine how I’ll react if I see us setup 3-4-3 this Friday again.

23 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

He'd have jumped at it. It's as simple as that. It would have also been a PR masterclass.

I’d have been absolutely buzzing for him to get the job but there’s no evidence we even asked him the question.

15 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

AJ could at least demonstrate success with QoS and had proven attributes of doing the single thing he was employed to so.

AJ was the perfect appointment for getting us out of L1 and he achieved that easily. If he and club had shaken hands after the play-off defeat to Dundee United then he’d be remembered far more fondly.

34 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Look at Raith with Locke ffs. We're no doubt going to be in the exact same position as them in 2017 

Funnily enough if you compare the 2 managers we actually started well under Locke (3 wins on the bounce and 2 draws). Things really went downhill later in the season so for Dunfermline's sake hopefully the powers that be are aware results need to pick up.

I'd like to think I'm fairly patient nowadays when it comes to football, and especially managerial appointments.

But I'm genuinely already ready to see this duffer emptied. You just know we will start 352 on Friday and get pumped at least 3 zip, with the players to blame.

Completely arrogant and stubborn vibes from a man who has achieved f**k all in his manager career.

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

It was Petrie's job all day long, and we bottled it. The price you pay for absolutely horrendous appointments like this is relegation to the seaside leagues, if you leave it too late. Look at Raith with Locke ffs. We're no doubt going to be in the exact same position as them in 2017 because that's what we excel in: poor management of running a football club with good potential. 

You'd need to loan out your best forward to a team near the bottom of the league, replace PG two thirds of the way through the season and have his replacement create a culture of distrust, disbelief, and confidence-sapping morale in the dressing-room for that to happen. 

Amidst an astonishing lack of direction and plain old gumption at boardroom level. 

Then play a game without a goalie.

And lose to a team that haven't won a game all season.

Won't happen.

1 hour ago, pantene proV said:

You'd need to loan out your best forward to a team near the bottom of the league, replace PG two thirds of the way through the season and have his replacement create a culture of distrust, disbelief, and confidence-sapping morale in the dressing-room for that to happen. 

Amidst an astonishing lack of direction and plain old gumption at boardroom level. 

Then play a game without a goalie.

And lose to a team that haven't won a game all season.

Won't happen.

We can try!

18 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Petrie was never talked to by Dunfermline with regards to the job. 

18 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Are we sure about this? There were many, many full time jobs going about in the summer and as the fairly obvious, and probably the only, part time manager excelling at League One/Two club he didn't seem to be in the frame for any of them. Surely if he wanted to manage full time he’d have been able to get a good full time job this summer given the amount of vacancies going.

39 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

Petrie moving on from Montrose gets talked about all the time. The issue I believe is that he has a well paid job outside of football and doesn't want to give that up. What that job is, I've no idea unfortunately 

Yeah, if he really wanted to be a full time manager I think he would be by now, there’s been ample opportunities and he’s been the outstanding part time manager in the leagues for some time now.

Are we sure about this? There were many, many full time jobs going about in the summer and as the fairly obvious, and probably the only, part time manager excelling at League One/Two club he didn't seem to be in the frame for any of them. Surely if he wanted to manage full time he’d have been able to get a good full time job this summer given the amount of vacancies going.

Saw a lot of people saying he’d jump at the chance over the summer. But I have my doubts. There’s a lot more to life than football. We’re talking about a 51 year old, with a family, who is in a permanent full time job and gets to manage a football club part time as well.

Why would he give all that up, to risk losing his job 6 months/a year down the line and being left with no income. The bank won’t hang around, they’d have a replacement in as quickly as possible, so he wouldn’t be able to just go and ask for his job back. I’d imagine he’s worked hard over a number of years to get to the level he’s at in that job, why on earth would he throw all that away? Particularly if (as seems to be the case) he is happy in his current roles.

It’s a different scenario when managers are younger and have always shown an interest in going full time. It would surprise me if someone in Petrie’s position was desperate to take that gamble, over having a much more secure financial future for his family.

42 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Works in a bank

Aye he works for one of the big banks in their Dundee office I believe and is on excellent coin. Bank of Scotland I think.

Edit - You'd imagine leaving that and Montrose to manage any Championship club outwith Killie would be a pay cut he isn't willing to take.

Edited by TheScarf