Walking Down The Halbeath Road

The appointment of Grant was unpopular and I think it has cost the club some season ticket sales. 

It has been said before, but I genuinely think he was the first guy they interviewed, and since they thought he interviewed 'well', they didn't bother to interview anyone else. I reckon most of us on here could interview 'well'. We could all be positive and talk about attacking and entertaining football. I would love to hear who else applied and if they bothered to even talk to any of the other candidates. It should be a question that must be asked at the next opportunity, and we need answers to that.

Grant was part of the management team at Celtic under Tony Mowbray who were all fired after being pumped 4-0 at St Mirren. Grant was sacked from Aston Villa and Scotland, and resigned from his role as manager at Norwich. Worth noting that Alloa didn't extend his contract, but it is fair to note that this was probably Grant's choice, as he wanted to move on/up. It has been pointed out that his terrible Alloa team only won 5 games last season, the 5th being a narrow win against us on the final day of the season as we rested loads of players for the playoffs. We beat them in the two other encounters. I don't get it when anyone claims his Alloa team played good football last season. They simply didn't. Not just because they were relegated after only winning 5 games, but because they did not play good football in general.  When we dicked them 1-4 last season we didn't even play that well, but went up a gear in the second half after they equalised late in the first. 

We all wanted him to do well, and still do, even the many who thought his appointment was a dreadful one. However, it is looking like he won't. Because he can't. Because he isn't good enough. But we still hope he will.

His signings have been poor. Graham is the obvious one, as he is terrible and should be sent back to Dundee United immediately. Even against Stenhousemuir he was rank. Gaspuitis is probably, rightly, furious that he can't get a game ahead of this utter jobber and a right back. Before some folk start with their pish about left or right sides centre backs, I will point out that if a professional footballer cannot play in a position a few yards either side then they have no business being a professional footballer. If a player cannot do the basics with both feet, then they are lazy shite and we should not be settling for such garbage. In fact, I'm pretty angry that we do, and that so many other people accept this, from both the fanbase and the club. I'm not asking or expecting players at this level to be able to put in great crosses with both feet, be able to curl in a great free kick with both feet, be able to skin a player with both feet, be able to shoot from distance with both feet etc. What I do expect is for them to be able to do the basics with both feet, including simple passes. Why do fans accept when professional players cannot do this?! It takes as little as 30 minutes a day (not counting weekends) to practice being comfortable with both feet in doing the basics. f**k lazy players, and how dare they claim to be professionals. In fact, how fucking dare the club charge us such prices to see players who cannot be fucked to put in the effort to use both feet to even a basic level and, worse, give us coaches and management who think that such garbage is acceptable. 

Anyway, we are terrible. It has been painfully obvious that the formation isn't working and that quite a few of our players aren't up to it. I really dislike that we aren't using the squad to its strengths. 

The 3 at the back has to go, unless he tries some different players there who might work. We have about 87 centre backs, so if he persists with Graham and a right back in that formation. then the rest might as well leave. I suspect Grant has fallen in to the trap of going for a popular formation and thinking he can make it work. AJ tried it, but he had Devine and Durnan. At least Grant has options, one of whom is a proven international player who has looked decent in every game he's played for us.

The midfield is awful. Thomas is never a central midfielder. Not that he really played there for us as such. He appears to have a Zidane for France free role. He has been all over the place, in both senses of that phrase. He is a winger, and a really good one at this level. He absolutely needs to play as one for us. Him and Dow on either win is as god as you will get in this league,

Dorrans I think is a desperately poor signing. I thought he looked really poor at Dundee last season. I live in Dundee and know a couple of Dundee fans through work, and they were not impressed at all with him last season. Pybus is a garbage signing. Absolutely no one rates him. Cole was awful last week and cost us a goal, but may come good. Jury is out.

Wighton is our best striker and must start when fit. He should never be out wide or behind the 'front two'. His strengths were obvious last season. Stop trying to shoehorn in a front three and instead make O'Hara and Todorov work to be the one to play alongside Wighton. If you think Wighton and Todorov can't be a front two then you should probably stop watching 1980s football. You probably think that a 'big man' struggles to control a ball. Get fucked.

I think there are also questions about the plans of the owners. I understand that they will finance the training ground and academy (although is this confirmed?). However, how will the club finance the upkeep of them going forward. The club made a substantial loss recently, and only a moderate profit the other few years (which, combined, didn't come close to the loss). How then will the maintenance of these facilities be funded? Season ticket sales have been going down for a few years now, as have walk up sales. Prices are at the limit as it stands, so the club can't increases costs without losing fans. It has proven very difficult to attract fans over the years. When we had great players, finished 4th in the SPL, were in the Scottish Cup final and qualified for Europe, we struggled to break 5k. How then do the club expect to get more fans, be it getting existing fans back more or getting new fans, when it is more expensive for poorer fare for a poor overall experience?

Grant has said the aim is to win the league. For that to happen, the team need to be on it from the start. Claims of the team needing time to 'gel' etc don't cut it 

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:
3 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:
We like to let you know that we take delight in the recurring managerial appointments of your club and the recurring euphoria of its fans at the start of every season shortly followed by disillution.

Disillution? That's not even a word. You're giving us a bad name you absolute roaster.

I'm a roaster for a typo?

Another sensationalist - you'd be better supporting the Pars. In fact, you've shown yourself to be an arse.

Edited by Raith_Raver

Tough start for the Pars tonight, look like your fears about the formation were right.

It’s incredible that Grant is seemingly the only person in the world who thought the shape and choice of players was a good idea last night. I can’t tell if it’s more out of naivety or arrogance that he’d set us up the way he did.

Gaspuitis must be fucking fuming watching us just now. I think he had to be patient when he came in last season, but he’s had a full pre season and still can’t get a start over an incredibly weak-looking Ross Graham (mind when our Twitter did a “it’s happening!” gif to announce his signing?).

The tiniest glimmer of hope I can take from last night is the change to a 442(?) for the second half. Comrie back to right back, Thomas and Dow on the wings, and 2 strikers. We didn’t look *quite* as toothless - couldn’t have been any worse - in the second half, and I hope the players aren’t too demoralised. Grant’s post-match comments won’t help that though.

For the Rovers game we need to stay with that 442. If Grant even thinks of going back to a 5-2-3, he’ll lose a lot more of the fans’ confidence than he already has.

Mehmet

Comrie
Gaspuitis
Watson
Edwards

Dow
Dorrans
Cole
Thomas

Todorov
Wighton

Another sensationalist - you'd be better supporting the Pars. In fact, you've shown yourself to be an arse.
You misunderstand. For clarity, you're a complete roaster AND you misspelled (as opposed to mistyped) the word you were trying to use. Hope that helps.

34 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Raith Raver typing more gibberish from his bedsit and Baracus has fired up another 1200 word thesis on how shite we are.

Buzzing.

On 13/08/2021 at 18:20, SANTAN said:

Right considering the other thread has gone and I wouldn't be posting in it anyway it's time to pay up 

@Cardle is Magic I'll be generous and take away the petty charity choices and go for one that I'm sure means a lot to a lot of people. 

https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/get-involved/donate

Screenshot for proof please. 

Screenshot_20210728-151920_Chrome.jpg

Someone said recently there are more open/fans’ meetings soon? Is anyone here who may be at one willing to voice the concerns of the support? Every season where you have a bad (or good) start, some will get a bit carried and feeling like the first 2-3 games defines the season but there are some real concerns regarding Grant’s signings and the way he wants us to play.

Also, the claims that Grant played decent football at Alloa can get in the sea. In the 270 minutes against Morton, Thistle and Rangers, we’ve probably played about 4 minutes of ‘decent football.’

2 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:
12 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

You misunderstand. For clarity, you're a complete roaster AND you misspelled (as opposed to mistyped) the word you were trying to use. Hope that helps.

Do you normally call everyone guily of errors in spelling, typing, predictive text or grammar, which abound on here  roasters?

You really are an arse

6 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:
Do you normally call everyone guily of errors in spelling, typing, predictive text or grammar, which abound on here  roasters?
You really are an arse

Guily? And you missed a full stop at the end. Sit doon and shut up.

Seeing its your hobby to sift through posts for errors you should go through the updates on RaithRovers.net, you'll get loads of exciting entertainment and you can write in to tell the updater he's a roaster.

Or maybe you're the roaster after all 🤔

Seeing its your hobby to sift through posts for errors you should go through the updates on RaithRovers.net, you'll get loads of exciting entertainment and you can write in to tell the updater he's a roaster.
Or maybe you're the roaster after all [emoji848]
Sit doon.