Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Still in utter disbelief at the formation and players picked for an away game at ibrox. An unfit Dorrans and Pybus has got to be one of the most powderpuff midfield duos I have ever seen at Dunfermline. I stopped counting Dorrans misplaced passes after 7 and that was in the first half. Pybus genuinely has f**k all though. No grit, no desire, no technical ability, the game just passes him by. Mad to think Peter Grant has made it clear going for the league is an option, then signs boys like that? Christ there’s much better options in League 1 ffs. 

Players will have absolutely zero confidence heading into rovers away on Friday night after Peter Grant throwing them under the bus last night in his comments. 

Sort out the spine, sort out the mess. Rapid

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

You have that in super Dan Pybus don't you? Or is he failing to pull the wool over your eyes like he successfully managed to do to a large portion of our support and in fact you can see that all he actually does is run around a lot?

In fairness he was far from the worst midfielder we had on the pitch yesterday but still not good enough for us.

1 hour ago, Offshore Rover said:

The question here is - would you guys take a defeat on Friday to see Grant go? 

No. I’d never take a defeat in a derby to help get rid of a manager, in fact I’d never take a defeat from anyone. As much as I dislike managers at times I still always want us to win. Also, we could lose convincingly on Friday in Kirkcaldy and Grant’s job wouldn’t be in any danger. Remember the guys in charge kept AJ past his sell by date, and we’re going to have Stevie Crawford in charge again this year before he resigned.

The question here is - would you guys take a defeat on Friday to see Grant go? 

We all know that won’t happen. My gut feeling is we will lose 3-0, though.

He’ll get plenty of time to sort it but the signs are there for everyone to see.

Could go on all day about how mental these tactics are, but simply put, he has to get rid of the back 5 and 3 strikers nonsense. The problem with that is that we don’t have any central midfielders, at present, that are willing to put a foot in and make a mark on the game. Dorrans has looked miles off it and Pybus is just plain shite. We really need a decent defensive midfielder and Ian Wilson back fit again.

We have a string of games coming up that I really don’t fancy us in at all. Arbroath at home, on paper, we should be winning, but Dick Campbell will have sussed this charlatan out, play the game to a T, and grab a few goals which we will have no response to.

4 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Quite relieved it finished 5-0 as that could *easily* have been the biggest defeat of my lifetime. Double figures was on the cards after 20 mins.

It was a terrible, gutless, pathetic performance from the team. If they were trying their hardest then we are properly fucked this season.

Can’t say I was surprised that Grant threw the players under the bus and took zero blame. He’s extremely arrogant for a man who’s achieved absolutely f**k all as a manager.

Ricky Foster and Rory Loy were doing punditry on BBC Radio and even they could not believe how we set up and how soft we were in the middle of the park.

We’ve conceded 10 goals in our last 3 games and it could/should have been plenty more than that. A massive performance and result needed in Kirkcaldy next week or things will get messy.

Time to pay up man.

Relax boys. Vaughan out, Spencer out, Musonda out, and we still have a game to play until we meet under the floodlights. There's every chance we'll lose McDonald or Tait or Matthews again tomorrow and you'll get your win on Friday. But if you could continue playing Graham at the back we'd all be very grateful, thanks.

12 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Relax boys. Vaughan out, Spencer out, Musonda out, and we still have a game to play until we meet under the floodlights. There's every chance we'll lose McDonald or Tait or Matthews again tomorrow and you'll get your win on Friday. But if you could continue playing Graham at the back we'd all be very grateful, thanks.

Worrying thing was that Graham was far from our worst defender last night. Watson looked like he’d never played football before, Comrie is being played as a centre half when he’s a full back, he doesn’t have height, he’s wasted there. 

1 hour ago, JFPar said:

Worrying thing was that Graham was far from our worst defender last night. Watson looked like he’d never played football before, Comrie is being played as a centre half when he’s a full back, he doesn’t have height, he’s wasted there. 

Watson was pish but I feel bad for him playing beside Comrie, who just isn’t a CB, and a Ross Graham who’s actually beginning to look like he’s playing football whilst vallied. 

8 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

We’ve conceded 10 goals in our last 3 games and it could/should have been plenty more than that. A massive performance and result needed in Kirkcaldy next week or things will get messy.

And there's me thinking PSG got Messi.🙄

Groan!(The jaicket's already on.🥴)

Edited by embow

2 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I see your Vaughan out, Spencer out, Musonda out and raise you Ross Graham fit, Graham Dorrans fit and Deniz Mehmet fit. 

4-1 Home win. 

Grant obviously has confidence in his players and hopefully they start to respond to that. Playing 3 strikers at Ibrox? Why not? 😂Was anybody expecting better than 4 or 5 nil anyway? Lie back and think of the 💸💰

Rovers game is more important. Think people are overreacting after a few games. Pretty sure Bert Paton's first few games weren't pretty? That progressed into my favourite period of being a Pars fan.

It will come good, starting Friday 😉🇾🇪

I was quite surprised that DAFC did not go for a more experienced Manager than PG. Stevie Crawford,s time was up, but....contracting a guy who had just got Alloa relegated>>>>?  Strange logic, still time will tell. BTW, no matter who DAFC meet next (RRFC) PG will have a job on his hands lifting the team. 

Not only are the tactics lunacy, he has players sitting on the bench that would be much suited to RCH yet he still plays Comrie, who is our best full-back btw, in a position he simply cannot play.

If we keep putting in performances like this every week, I hope the board can be big enough to hold their hands up and admit their mistake. I just don’t see how he turns this around as he is too stubborn to change things.

5 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Arrested Development GIF

Ahem.

On 13/08/2021 at 18:20, SANTAN said:

Right considering the other thread has gone and I wouldn't be posting in it anyway it's time to pay up 

@Cardle is Magic I'll be generous and take away the petty charity choices and go for one that I'm sure means a lot to a lot of people. 

https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/get-involved/donate

Screenshot for proof please. 

Screenshot_20210728-151920_Chrome.jpg

11 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

You wee teamers are as recurring on this thread as often as Vaughan being injured anew.

We like to let you know that we take delight in the recurring managerial appointments of your club and the recurring euphoria of its fans at the start of every season shortly followed by disillution.

We like to let you know that we take delight in the recurring managerial appointments of your club and the recurring euphoria of its fans at the start of every season shortly followed by disillution.

I can’t believe you bit to that. It’s amusing though, but still...

Disillution? That's not even a word. You're giving us a bad name you absolute roaster.