Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I get the side of your support that don't want to bandwagon early I really do but the early signs aren't great. He's just relegated Alloa last season. Tonight though that team selection is astounding, especially for someone like Grant who really views his footballing knowledge and pedigree as quite something.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Peter Grant was obviously the guy on the pro license course the day McPake learned 'how to set up against the OF'.

Richie Foran was clearly the coach.

0 shots on target. 0 shots off target. 2 goal attempts both blocked with 3 forwards on park. 

I think this dumb f**k sees the headlines if he takes a scalp with attacking football. Massive ego, in reality an absolute charlatan of a manager.

Made it to 60 minutes, how did Ross Graham start that game tonight? An absolute haddy. Like someone already said, hopefully it’s a 442 with Dow and Thomas on the wings against raith,  it holding my breath. 

Dorrans, what the f**k? 3 minutes in and your most experienced player puts it on a plate for the striker. Surely we’d be better giving Allan a game that him.

Aside from the crazy tactics, I think we have to sign a central midfielder that doesn't mind the dirty side of the game. We are so soft with the options we have in there. Elsewhere I think we can use what we have if we start playing with a sensible formation.

32 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Aside from the crazy tactics, I think we have to sign a central midfielder that doesn't mind the dirty side of the game. We are so soft with the options we have in there. Elsewhere I think we can use what we have if we start playing with a sensible formation.

Would you trust the current manager to do anything like that?

“The supporters are hurting? What about the players?…”

Bit lost for words at that from the manager. Goes on to explain how they represent the supporters etc. After watching 3 spineless displays in a row, I’m not sure he should be disregarding the feelings of the fans like that.

That was horrific. I fully expected a pasting but we were so so shite all over the pitch, if Rangers wanted it to be 10-0 then it could have been. It didn’t work against Partick Thistle at home so how the hell was it going to work against Rangers at Ibrox? Take the welcome cash and move on, tonight’s fixture won’t define our season. Huge game next week in the derby, we need a win, any win and we need it badly. 

1 minute ago, JFPar said:

That was horrific. I fully expected a pasting but we were so so shite all over the pitch, if Rangers wanted it to be 10-0 then it could have been. It didn’t work against Partick Thistle at home so how the hell was it going to work against Rangers at Ibrox? Take the welcome cash and move on, tonight’s fixture won’t define our season. Huge game next week in the derby, we need a win, any win and we need it badly. 

Going to be some atmosphere Starks, either toxic or rocking

“The supporters are hurting? What about the players?…”

Can’t even defend this clown.

Approach this game the same way we approached the Partick game. Yep, that was always going to end well.

No-one expected us to get a positive result, but ffs the manner in which we gifted them chance after chance through these mental tactics was horrendous to see.

We need a win against Raith or things are going to start to turn rather vitriolic at EEP.

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

We need a win against Raith or things are going to start to turn rather vitriolic at EEP.

Unless we see a surprise result Sunday, it’ll be two bedraggled mutts at Stark’s next week, both fighting to salvage the start of the season. Should be a right fun ‘un.

Quite relieved it finished 5-0 as that could *easily* have been the biggest defeat of my lifetime. Double figures was on the cards after 20 mins.

It was a terrible, gutless, pathetic performance from the team. If they were trying their hardest then we are properly fucked this season.

Can’t say I was surprised that Grant threw the players under the bus and took zero blame. He’s extremely arrogant for a man who’s achieved absolutely f**k all as a manager.

Ricky Foster and Rory Loy were doing punditry on BBC Radio and even they could not believe how we set up and how soft we were in the middle of the park.

We’ve conceded 10 goals in our last 3 games and it could/should have been plenty more than that. A massive performance and result needed in Kirkcaldy next week or things will get messy.

Aside from the crazy tactics, I think we have to sign a central midfielder that doesn't mind the dirty side of the game. We are so soft with the options we have in there.

You have that in super Dan Pybus don't you? Or is he failing to pull the wool over your eyes like he successfully managed to do to a large portion of our support and in fact you can see that all he actually does is run around a lot?