Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Dunfermline Athletic Football Club would like to clarify the situation with HMRC.

Since 1st November 2012 DAFC have paid £330,408 PAYE and VAT this had cleared all previous arrears and this includes February's PAYE. DAFC can confirm that they are due HMRC £89000 VAT from 7th January 2013, and our January PAYE of £30,000 which fell due on 22nd January.

DAFC were in discussions with HMRC as late as Thursday afternoon to come to a solution re the repayment of these outstanding amounts.

It was only after DAFC called HMRC on Friday afternoon they received confirmation that HMRC had applied for a winding up order.

DAFC have yet to be served with the winding up order.

Am I being particularly dense, or does that read that February's PAYE has been paid, but January's hasn't?

£89000 VAT from 7 January probably means the November VAT quarter which was due for payment 31 December or if you pay by direct debit HMRC would attempt to take it around 7 January. The DD therefore probably bounced. That means the February quarter will fall due at the end of March so I am guessing the total VAT liability is possibly around £160k-180k

I think the statement is probably wrong in that the PAYE which was due on 22nd January is Decembers and BTW the actual date it was due is the 19th of the month following. 22nd is the date HMRC would try to take their direct debit. So I would interpret from the statement that they probably owe PAYE for December January and February and if that's £30k a month, thats another £90k.

As far as HMRC issuing a winding up order is concerned, I would be very surprised if they are doing that in relation to such recent debt. There is almost certainly more to this that has been disclosed in the club statement.

If HMRC had applied for an order, would that've been listed in court hearings?

No. The initial application to court will result in the court setting a date for the actual winding up hearing and order that it is advertised in the Edinburgh Gazette and a local newspaper. probably the Scotsman in this instance. The winding up hearing will be listed.

If the pars fans come to Starks on Saturday and bring more than 2000 fans the rovers board will only receive cash for 2000 fans and give the rest of the cash from the pars end to Jim Leishman fighting fund. So the more fans you bring the more money you will receive

Rovers have announced they will donate some proceeds from Saturdays game to Jim Leishmans Steering Group. Well done RRFC. I hope this encourages Pars fans to attend and I hope it is not the last derby game. Of course normal banter will be resumed come 3 o clock. Cmon the Mighty Raith.

Rovers have announced they will donate some proceeds from Saturdays game to Jim Leishmans Steering Group. Well done RRFC. I hope this encourages Pars fans to attend and I hope it is not the last derby game. Of course normal banter will be resumed come 3 o clock. Cmon the Mighty Raith.

There'll be a whole bunch of Raith fans singing "cheerio, cheerio, cheerio!", "gooooiiiiing bust, goin' bust, goin' bust, goin' bust..." etc etc though. Inevitable.

There'll be a whole bunch of Raith fans singing "cheerio, cheerio, cheerio!", "gooooiiiiing bust, goin' bust, goin' bust, goin' bust..." etc etc though. Inevitable.

Give me a wave when you walk out in tears at 4.40pm

That's what football is all about. Of course we'll be giving it big licks on Saturday about the Pars financial situation but that's an absolutely terrific gesture from the Rovers board. Not as if we're rolling in cash.

Thanks for providing additional witty ditty's for us to sing.

Seriously good luck with the magic wand.

Well, aye. No doubt we'll be making libelous comments about their parentage and personal hygiene habits as well, probably intimating that they tend to supplement their no doubt already shit diets with dead vermin found in the bin.

It's still a game of fitba, after all.