Walking Down The Halbeath Road

18 minutes ago, Damaged Radio said:

Season ticket sales have been worryingly low and that coupled with the 6 figures thrown at the new floodlights has got me a bit concerned. 

Depends on what you thought ST sales were going to be I guess. Personally I would have predicted between 2800-3200.

6 minutes ago, Damaged Radio said:

Season ticket sales have been worryingly low and that coupled with the 6 figures thrown at the new floodlights has got me a bit concerned. 

The floodlights is a real blow but as Ross McArthur said, that's where the lifeline becomes crucial. It basically takes the hit and allows other income streams to concentrate on other things. 

I am concerned about our crowds though. I think years of mediocrity have been damaging. Scraping 2000 tickets is poor, regardless of covid etc. Even pre covid I had noticed for years how bare East End has looked on a Saturday year after year.  I think it was covered up when we used to dish out hundreds of free season tickets to kids then add them to gate numbers.

We really need to start challenging at the top of the league to get some interest back in the team.  You can try all the initiatives going, but watching stuff like that dross last year is just not entertaining enough to keep people coming back. At least PG is attempting to make us attacking and showing some ambition to do better than scrape 4th. Just hope he gets results to back up his ambition.

I’ve not bought a ST in a long time because I know I won’t get value out of it. Miss 2/3 games and there’s no saving at all. With family events, weddings, days out etc, there’s not a chance I’d get to all 18 matches.

I’ve had pals who are non Pars fans quite fancy the idea of going to a game before but then have no interest when they find out it’s £20 to get in. They find the price laughable and I don’t blame them.

You have to properly love the club and/or have plenty cash to spare to even consider paying that for second rate entertainment.

I won't get the value out of it because I inevitably miss at least 7 or 8 games because of last-minute work commitments. Still manage to get to a fair share just paying at the gate. Can't go this Saturday as have first music festival of the year. Not too fussed tbh. Just won't be the same with all these daft restrictions. 

33 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

You have to properly love the club and/or have plenty cash to spare to even consider paying that for second rate entertainment.

Plenty people "love the club" but don't have season tickets, I'm sure Marv someone who has done so much for the club doesn't have a season ticket.

I'm sure that's not what you meant but I hate there being 2 supposed groups of fans.

Also I'm not sure I buy the second rate entertainment thing I've probably had bigger highs at football games than any other entertainment venue. I go to the cinema roughly once a week and sometimes hit on some dross it's just the chance you take and tbh I don't think any game of football no matter the level or price is guaranteed to be first rate entertainment.

21 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I think using an “emergency” loan to get Martin game time would be more likely.  More flexibility in terms of when he goes out and how long for.

There's no such thing as an emergency loan for an outfield player. If he goes out, he goes out till January 1st.

26 minutes ago, 101 said:

Plenty people "love the club" but don't have season tickets, I'm sure Marv someone who has done so much for the club doesn't have a season ticket.

I'm sure that's not what you meant but I hate there being 2 supposed groups of fans.

Also I'm not sure I buy the second rate entertainment thing I've probably had bigger highs at football games than any other entertainment venue. I go to the cinema roughly once a week and sometimes hit on some dross it's just the chance you take and tbh I don't think any game of football no matter the level or price is guaranteed to be first rate entertainment.

My last paragraph was talking about the price of walk-up entry, not the price of season tickets.

I’d agree about the “bigger highs” line but there have been very few of those in the last decade and I can totally understand how people would find better things to do with their time and money.

Want to add; I’ll still be following the club home and away most weeks this season if I possibly can. It’s in my blood and I still enjoy making plans to attend games with family and friends.

The club can’t just rely on people like us who are a bit obsessed, though. They still need to attract other people and try to make them get the bug. I think too many fans respond quite negatively to any criticism of the match day experience and forget that not everyone is as addicted as us.

I'm not too concerned about ST sales. Up until yesterday it was unclear whether we'd be allowed more than 2000 fans inside East End, knowing we'd already sold 2000+ tickets. Immediately that puts fans off as they may well be paying for a ST but not getting to the game, or hoping to get some luck in a ballot. I'd like to think that with payday for most having just gone by and knowing we can get 5000 in EEP that numbers will start to kick on.

I've got a ST this season for the first time sine 2016/17, absolutely can't wait to get back on Saturday. Last game I was at was the 2-0 win against Dundee Utd. Seems like eternity! 

13 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Last game I was at was the 2-0 win against Dundee Utd. Seems like eternity! 

That was the last home league game we had in front of fans tbf.

Great win that day. Dom Thomas doing bits and Afolabi grabbing a goal. Think Hearts dumped Sevco out of the Scottish Cup afterwards as well.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There's no such thing as an emergency loan for an outfield player. If he goes out, he goes out till January 1st.

Aye your right,  I got mistaken as with the introduction/extension of the loan window many deals last year looked similar.  

We have until end of September to loan him out,  with earliest return Jan 1st

Great win that day. Dom Thomas doing bits and Afolabi grabbing a goal. Think Hearts dumped Sevco out of the Scottish Cup afterwards as well.
Think Afolabi would have ran all the way to East Port if the Norrie wasnt in the road after his goal [emoji23]

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

False. It was a 1-1 draw against QoS. Last league game was away to Partick, which I attended. Was a totally weird atmosphere and it was fucking freezing. 

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

False. It was a 1-1 draw against QoS. Last league game was away to Partick, which I attended. Was a totally weird atmosphere and it was fucking freezing. 

Was so confused by this but then remembered I was away on holiday that weekend and was not even aware who I was never mind who Pars were playing.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Was so confused by this but then remembered I was away on holiday that weekend and was not even aware who I was never mind who Pars were playing.

You didn't miss much. Pretty meh game if I remember. Think Queens got a pentaly? And I do not remember our goal at all. 

The overriding memory of that day is drinking Coronas in the Old Inn before kick off thinking I was being fucking hilarious.

That seems a bit of a sick joke now I look back.