Walking Down The Halbeath Road

40 minutes ago, RiG said:

Seems to have gotten some Partick fans in a state because they thought that they were signing both players.

A couple of daft wee spice boys who piss the bed over the most ridiculous of things.

No one else is bothered.

not an out and out wide player unless someone was moved on/loaned out as a result i would say.

McDaid, Hastie, Hammill all seem to start from one tweet saying Grant wants another wide player (is that even right?) then its names thrown about in reply and are sticking with some folk.

Todd and Fenton will go out on loan so probably need another 1 player in.

We now have Dorrans, Wilson, Cole, Pybus, Dow and Thomas for the 2 midfield roles. I’m wondering if we can add Paul Allan to the list of players we might look to loan out?

13 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

We now have Dorrans, Wilson, Cole, Pybus, Dow and Thomas for the 2 midfield roles. I’m wondering if we can add Paul Allan to the list of players we might look to loan out?

That’s assuming we are going to play 3 strikers every week in the league, I don’t think we will. In my view we have Cole, Dorrans, Wilson, Pybus, Kennedy, Allan and Thomas for the 3 positions in midfield (2 CMs and 1 in the 10 role)

22 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

How many teams actually play a number 10 though? Seems to be a role that’s dying out in the modern game.

I guess by that I meant the role that Wighton/Ohara has played, we haven’t had 3 out and out strikers. Ohara and Wighton have been floating in the space behind toddy. Interested to see how we line up on Saturday, regardless these are nice problems to have.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

no chance Dow as an option in a midfield 2, if its 3 then yes. i dont include Fenton and Todd in the squad so they have never been part of it but if we do sign another winger as rumoured then certainly one of Allan or McCann, if not both should go out and play.  having options is one thing but you can have too many sometimes and that can lead to problems especially with no reserve team.

1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

That’s assuming we are going to play 3 strikers every week in the league, I don’t think we will. In my view we have Cole, Dorrans, Wilson, Pybus, Kennedy, Allan and Thomas for the 3 positions in midfield (2 CMs and 1 in the 10 role)

missing Dow for the no10 role if want to call it that too, him and Kennedy the most suited for it.

no chance Dow as an option in a midfield 2, if its 3 then yes. i dont include Fenton and Todd in the squad so they have never been part of it but if we do sign another winger as rumoured then certainly one of Allan or McCann, if not both should go out and play.  having options is one thing but you can have too many sometimes and that can lead to problems especially with no reserve team.

Only mentioned Dow, as Grant mentioned him as a central midfielder. Agree that he would be best suited to an attacking role in a midfield 3 though, assuming we keep playing with wing backs.IMG_2156.jpg

Do we benefit from this financially or does it all go into a big pot?

We do. Every team taking part in a cup game shown on tv gets a set amount of money, depending on the round. Plus we’ll get about 40% of ticket revenue.

Hopefully that game is after the next set of restrictions are released. I'm pretty sure the Rangers fans will want to get back to Ibrox in big numbers after missing out last season, could be a tasty sum of £££ for us.

6 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Hopefully that game is after the next set of restrictions are released. I'm pretty sure the Rangers fans will want to get back to Ibrox in big numbers after missing out last season, could be a tasty sum of £££ for us.

Unless there’s a pause announced on Tuesday, most restrictions should be removed on Monday 9th August.

Superb interview, I expect we’ll be hearing news on the new training ground soon. Whilst he may not have always got it right on the playing side, Ross is a superb chairman and without him I don’t think we’d have been able to secure this investment.