Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Got to say I think the team would benefit hugely from having somebody like Dorrans in the middle keeping possession and using his experience with so many under 25s around him.

Really hope we can make that one happen.

Not too fussed about any more signings if we get that one done. I know we have no back up to the front three with McCann injured, but we could adapt the formation and have Thomas, Dow or Kennedy working alongside the remaining two strikers if one was injured or suspended.

Edited by Chubbychops

Dow and Kennedy would both fit in well in that front three I’d imagine.

Mehmet/OFW/Currid

MacDonald/Fenton(?)
Comrie
Watson/Breen
Graham/Gaspuitis
Edwards/Martin

Thomas/Dorrans/Pybus/Todd
Wilson/Cole/Allan/

Wighton/Dow
Todorov
O’Hara/Kennedy/McCann

If Dorrans signs, that’s how we’ll look for depth in each position in a 5-2-3. Looking a lot better than it did 7-10 days ago. We have an abundance of attacking options when all are fit so it’ll be interesting to see how the shape changes depending on who’s playing. We still don’t know how Dow would play in that shape, or if Wilson will cope with just one other midfielder etc. It only takes a couple of injuries/suspensions before we’re left with Pybus and Allan or Todd in the middle which could leave us very vulnerable.

I’d like to see Thomas get a shot in that front three as well.

Had ex Pars midfielder Shaun Byrne on my podcast recently if anyone fancies giving it a listen. Any feedback appreciated, hope everyone enjoys👍🏻

Youtube: 

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/0KQfjoxwDUeOAPr8B9dcjG?si=MnEsasezQluZifwWb8oeIQ&dl_branch=1

Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/a-chat-with-shaun-byrne/id1570371231?i=1000530036453

I feel like, for games against championship level teams, we need to have 3 more natural defenders. Change I’d make to the back 5 from Saturday would be putting Watson in the RCB role, Comrie to RWB and having MacDonald on the bench.

Breen will help add competition to a back 3 of actual defenders. It’s been noticeable in the St Mirren, Stenny and Dumbarton games that the oppositions’ more physical strikers are looking to move towards Comrie when the ball is out wide. It will cause us problems. That’s where St Mirren’s goal came from as well.

In midfield, I think Dorrans would be a welcome addition. But I did think it seemed harsh that Allan was left out on Saturday. I’d assume he was just rested/Grant was keen to give the others some game time though. Allan played well in the first 3 games, but is untested against teams at this level.

Front 3, if we stick to this system, will always be dangerous. Like the look of Kennedy in behind a front 2 as well. A fit Dow will also be capable of that role, as would Thomas, if we choose to play more natural midfielders in the middle. I’ll be interested to see how he copes in the middle against better teams, assuming he stays there. We have competition all over the park, with quite a few players (hopefully) returning from injury as well.

Did Dorrans do that much for Dundee? Regardless, Pars looking like they are going balls out for it this year. Hard to see past you and Killie for the title.

Hardly "balls out"

Last week our only midfield options where a winger, a 21 year old with a handful of sub appearances & Dan Pybus, who everyone else says is a bit shit.

We've lost a few & added a few.  

Edited by da_no_1

6 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Hardly "balls out"

Last week our only midfield options where a winger, a 21 year old with a handful of sub appearances & Dan Pybus, who everyone else says is a bit shit.

We've lost a few & added a few.  

You're making some seriously impressive signings IMVHO. Toddy seems to have taken his form from the end of last season into this one. Who knew he was a goal scoring machine!

6 minutes ago, Gigi Alabocheré said:

Sniff my manky ring x

Appreciate the offer but I am afraid I will decline.

Edited by RiG

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

Toddy seems to have taken his form from the end of last season into this one.

He's been superb so far. I thought he might be a big lump to aim the ball at, but he's actually a good footballer as well.