Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Question for Pars fans, even if TPC do manage to take the club away from GM, is there any plan for how they'll handle the finances of the club afterwards. With tax bills on top of a high wages it really is hard to see how they can carry on. Then additionally you'll have no income during the summer with some folk even buying season tickets already! Hard to see a good ending to this.

Question for Pars fans, even if TPC do manage to take the club away from GM, is there any plan for how they'll handle the finances of the club afterwards. With tax bills on top of a high wages it really is hard to see how they can carry on. Then additionally you'll have no income during the summer with some folk even buying season tickets already! Hard to see a good ending to this.

The wages aren't that high, next seasons budget would be vastly reduced even further, potentially go part time, only a handful of players still in contract for next season. Regarding no income in the Summer months, if we get that far, I reckon there would be a shed load of fundraisers.

Seems legit. :1eye

Tiresome.

The wages aren't that high, next seasons budget would be vastly reduced even further, potentially go part time, only a handful of players still in contract for next season. Regarding no income in the Summer months, if we get that far, I reckon there would be a shed load of fundraisers.

Tiresome.

You still haven't revealed your source for this incredibly amusing scoop. Until you do then you'll remain a figure of ridicule. Tbh given your *sweep sweep sweep* approach to events at your club I suspect you'll remain one anyway. Special mention to this gem:

The wages aren't that high

Erm yes, which would be why you haven't been able to pay them in full for several months, nor pay money owed to HMRC, on average crowds of over 3,000, with a similarly large season-ticket base. Just where is all that money going, and do you think everyone else is as gullible as you or your new fan champion, Jim 'oblivious board member' Leishman?

Leishman is a likeable buffoon. His interview yesterday would frighten the life out of me if I was a Dunfermline fan, the situation is desperate and Leishman didn't exactly inspire confidence. I suppose in reality there's very little he can do anyway, he's just a friendly, familier face to front the campaign.

You still haven't revealed your source for this incredibly amusing scoop. Until you do then you'll remain a figure of ridicule. Tbh given your *sweep sweep sweep* approach to events at your club I suspect you'll remain one anyway. Special mention to this gem:

Erm yes, which would be why you haven't been able to pay them in full for several months, nor pay money owed to HMRC, on average crowds of over 3,000, with a similarly large season-ticket base. Just where is all that money going, and do you think everyone else is as gullible as you or your new fan champion, Jim 'oblivious board member' Leishman?

If you bothered yer arse to pay any attention to whats going on, that's been one of the most pressing concerns in this whole saga, nobody knows but it's certainly not going on wages.

Utterly, utterly wrong.

:lol: raging

I've a lot of time for Jim Leishman, but having listened to his interview yesterday on Sportsound, he was making maybe a bit less sense than usual. The whole HMRC writ thing for one - which I can only assume means winding up order - has that actually happened? I'd have thought the media, especially Twitter, would have been ablaze with that on Friday - have I missed it? Or has Leishman maybe worded it wrong?

Despite being a Raith supporter I hope Dunfermline survive. Now is not the time to criticize Jim Leishman. I am concerned that Pars fans do not cone to Starks Park on Saturday. This will dent our finances.

I've a lot of time for Jim Leishman, but having listened to his interview yesterday on Sportsound, he was making maybe a bit less sense than usual. The whole HMRC writ thing for one - which I can only assume means winding up order - has that actually happened? I'd have thought the media, especially Twitter, would have been ablaze with that on Friday - have I missed it? Or has Leishman maybe worded it wrong?

Your probably right in thinking he meant winding up order, doesn't appear to have happened yet but as far a I can guess HMRC have issued a warning letter stating pay up in 7 days or it will happen. This is from a pars alive committee who probably knows more about this kinda thing than me, but it's still guesswork.

Your probably right in thinking he meant winding up order, doesn't appear to have happened yet but as far a I can guess HMRC have issued a warning letter stating pay up in 7 days or it will happen. This is from a pars alive committee who probably knows more about this kinda thing than me, but it's still guesswork.

HMRC will have written a lot more than one letter before it gets to the stage of seriously threatening a winding up order. Also, the £134k mentioned is likely to be the figure owed three/four months ago when they started putting insolvency proceedings in place. I am guessing not much PAYE has been paid in that period so chances are the debt is now higher.

Procedure is that HMRC go to court to ask for a winding up order. The court issues an order (called first deliverance) setting a date about a month ahead for the actual winding up hearing. Generally what happens is that the directors go for an admin order in that month in order to beat the winding up order. HMRC are usually happy to back off if an admin order is happening.

So it depends what stage HMRC have reached as to how long before an insolvency practitioner is involved. There is also always the chance a white knight will turn up and pay off the PAYE?

Fingers crossed things work out for Pars!

No love for any of those named but calling someone a c**t on a football forum is a bit much.

I would say that given the individual on the end of the insult c**t was being kind imo.

No love for any of those named but calling someone a c**t on a football forum is a bit much.

You don't get out much, do you?

Read all the forums on P&B, it happens all the time.

Oh, apart from the bargain basement, Keithgy runs a tight ship.