Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Would have took Robinson, Polworth and Naismith. Don’t think Kilmarnock will be a million miles ahead of us to be honest, but will rightly be favourites.

We have arguably the best attacking line in the league. Todorov is going to prove to be a massive signing for us. If we can add some quality in midfield then hopefully having a solid enough defence will be fine. Still plenty of faces to see at EEP between now and the close of the window.

8 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Wish I was as ITK as half our fan base seems to be.

No reason for me to come on here and talk bull. My info on Todorov was spot on weeks ago. Deal for Kai agreed 2 weeks ago and his kit has also been ready for 2 weeks. Signing delayed for personal reasons. 

Edited by par4ever

10 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Wish I was as ITK as half our fan base seems to be.

Occasionally I hear things from people within the club and that often doesn’t turn out to be be what actually happens.  Christ our manager doesn’t know when signings will happen.  

19 minutes ago, par4ever said:

No reason for me to come on here and talk bull. My info on Todorov was spot on weeks ago. Deal for Kai agreed 2 weeks ago and his kit has also been ready for 2 weeks. Signing delayed for personal reasons. 

I 100% wasn’t doubting the information was accurate. It was more questioning why the info seems to leak so easily from the club.

And why someone comes in clearly going against the confidence of someone somewhere within the club.

Look at me! I know things! You want a medal? One good thing about AJ, was that he kept a tight lid on his signings.

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

And why someone comes in clearly going against the confidence of someone somewhere within the club.

Look at me! I know things! You want a medal? One good thing about AJ, was that he kept a tight lid on his signings.

McIntyre was probably the best at it.  Never a strong rummer until an official announcement.

there was a few (cardle especially) where it was well known for months with AJ we were trying to bring him back ( tho that might have been entirely on AJ, cardle has stated he didn’t think AJ knew who he was,  he was allowed to trial on potters recommendation)

Grant doesn’t seem bothered about privacy.  Probably the most open in regard to talking about signings in quite a while.

One good thing about AJ, was that he kept a tight lid on his signings.

That’s not strictly true. There was talk of Robbie Muirhead playing for us but I don’t remember that happening.

5 minutes ago, smpar said:

That’s not strictly true. There was talk of Robbie Muirhead playing for us but I don’t remember that happening.

There was times when we had only 10 players and a random bloke who stood on the wing and took corners.  Was that him?

Edited by parsforlife

I’m assuming that if or when Kennedy comes in it will be to give us versatility in formations. Alternatively I think he could play within that front 3 that we have should OHara or Wighton get injured.

Just gives us options, different games need different formations 

I'm fully behind the Kai Kennedy signing but where does he fit in? 

Don’t know what shapes suit him better, but if we’re playing 3 up front then he could be one of the wider forwards rather than being a midfielder or wingback (surely not?)

If central midfielders come in then Thomas and Kennedy might be a preferred choice of wingers with one forward? Though it would seem wasteful to have three of Wighton, O’Hara or Todorov on the bench unless we’re going for a more counter-attacking style against one of the bigger teams.*

Grant has been pretty adamant about playing a system that suits the players, so hopefully that means we’ll very rarely see players wasted by being played out of position. Injuries and suspensions are an exception to that, of course.

*This has me thinking. A 4-3-3 could be interesting with this squad. We’re well sorted for defenders, and a midfield 3 of Thomas, Kennedy and Wilson, with our three forwards, has potential. It could leave us very open in the middle, but there’s a lot of excitement in that front 6 with Edwards and Comrie pelting it down the wings.

A 5-1 win against a weak Dumbarton hasn’t got me overexcited at all, has it?

There was times when we had only 10 players and a random bloke who stood on the wing and took corners.  Was that him?

Did he even do that much?

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

We apparently paid a small fee to Killie for him mind, ffs.

We signed him from MK Dons.

Seemed very easy to buy a ticket for Saturday so glad to see all the teething issues have been resolved.

But most importantly the North West is open again.