Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Is it that OTT to suggest our top earners could be on (60% of) that kind of money? JJ says £500pw is the average in the squad. Back in November, the total wage bill for the club was quoted at £95k per month. Maybe someone with a better calculator than me could do the maths as there appears to be belter of a 'wage' somewhere in there for someone.

I haven't seen an awful lot of information on this rescue bid, but then I haven't really been looking for it, so apologies if I'm going over old ground.

Are there any individuals, other than Jim Leishman, who have been linked to this "rescue" attempt?

Big Jim seems like a great bloke (urgh, I must not be thinking straight) but he doesn't have a track record of financial management. Frankly, I'd probably keep him away from the boardroom altogether. You're looking at five or six seats to fill, and whilst fan ownership is a great idea, sticking five random Pars fans into those positions isn't ideal.

I don't think Jim Leishman is stupid, not by a long way.

He doesn't strike me as the kind of bloke who'd step in and try to lecture a banker on fiscal responsibility either, though.

Clever enough to conveniently pass the buck onto a nasty banker scapegoat? Anyone who thinks Dunfermline's predicament is the result of one bad apple is deluding themselves something awful, yet it seems that's what the party line is steering towards.

Masterton is just looking for fans to pay the running costs, he'll look after the massive debts - that is all.

This brinkmanship is to make the fans pay, the other directors leaving in October has left a big hole someone has to fill it, The fans will do it, they just need to be blackmailed into doing it.

Its not nice but it'll happen, fans cannot risk the club going to the wall.

Clever enough to conveniently pass the buck onto a nasty banker scapegoat? Anyone who thinks Dunfermline's predicament is the result of one bad apple is deluding themselves something awful, yet it seems that's what the party line is steering towards.

I'm not convinced Jim Leishman was ever really a director, in the true sense. He wandered around East End Park with a club tie on, but when the balance sheets and the Tip-ex came out, I imagine Jimbo found that the boardroom door was barred and he'd been booked in for a poetry reading in Cairneyhill.

Gavin Masterton isn't the only villain in this piece, there are many people to blame, and Jim Leishman almost certainly has a degree of culpability.

I want to make excuses for him. However, the thinking behind the excuses are also the reason I don't think he should be the figurehead for any future management structure.

Big Jim sounded absolutely distraught on Sportsound. The whole thing sounds like a complete mess.

Listening to it made me feel utterly distraught too.

A mess is a polite description of how things are.

Big Leish is a decent guy but he is hardly blameless in this mess. He must have known what was going on to a large extent but probably had the wool pulled over his eyes by Masterton. At least he has fronted up and is trying his best to try and drag Dunfermline out of the financial quicksand they are up to their eyebrows in. Not exactly a saint but hardly the biggest sinner either.

Best wishes to the Pars fans in trying to save the club. Dunfermline FC deserve to be punished for financial cheating but I would hate to witness the demise of a great Fife team with so much history.