Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Guest Axle Grease

I honestly don't know why there's so much reliance on negativity seemingly as the main driver for some of our fans posts. That and high levels of what seems like anxiety on display. 

I get the concern but maybe not the aforementioned. I'm of the opinion it will happen. 

We lost a Manager.

We had to go and find a replacement Manager.

Advertise the job. Go though the 80 odd CV's, reply to each applicant individually. Negotiate with the preferred candidate and set up their contract. 

Once he's got the job, he has to bed in. Meet the Board, the staff, the players etc

Look at what support he needs to help him do his job. Get those people in. 

Start to look at what playing resource is available to him. 

Then work out, within his playing squad, where he needs more players. 

Identify within the market who is potentially available to enhance the existing squad. 

Approach identified target players through their individual Agent.

Work out what kind of terms it is they're looking for. Maybe then negotiate if there's a feeling of middle ground and an agreement being feasible.

If all that then fails, onto the next player. Also remember each Agent is looking to get top dollar for their clients. Some  play club off club to try and achieve that higher salary and payday for themselves.

Each, email, phone call, text, Skype meeting, Zoom meeting, piece of correspondence, each piece of communication all take up time.

On to the players contract once an individual initially agrees terms. Got to be set up through more negotiation, all takes time.

Once the players signed, great, get them along to the ground, introduced to the fans through the media and also inducted into the club. 

All this for just one identified player and during a pandemic (Covid has made this process all the more difficult).

Add to that looking to maybe bag around 6 or 7 players, and remember the club hasn't a huge team of backroom staff supporting these efforts. There's PG backed by a few Board members, none of whom are paid due to them having day jobs. 

Also, he's said he wants players but won't just bring in anyone to fill gaps. He's trying to enhance the squad with players who'll fit his vision (I'd rather that than just sign players them try and make them fit). This approach will therefore take time.

As well as working to bring players in he's training the existing players he has and setting up friendly games, preparing for them. Again all the more difficult due to Covid (social distancing, continual tests, player transport etc etc). 

All about perspective. Too many self entitled fans nowadays who are used to instant gratification, or should that be instant, GRANTification 👍

Be patient and give the guy a chance before we get down to the serious stuff in the league. 

Then really start to judge what's happening. 

Edited by Axle Grease

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I think people need to remember we're not top of the food chain for quality players even at this level.

I don’t think fans expect we’re top of the food chain, it’s when he’s saying their would defo be 1 at least two players in by st mirren and now theirs not, and he’s aiming for 6 and not signed any. I doubt we will sign anyone today either but my opinion.

yes fans are anxious mentioned in other post but we’re fed up of being second best and being ok with just getting by we want to get back to premier league like calderwood era and squad we have now simply isn’t going to win the league like grant says he wants to do.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I think people need to remember we're not top of the food chain for quality players even at this level.

Yep, same with us, it's clearly Killie that are.

1 minute ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

Only their pies

Who's top of the food chain for players at this level?

13 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Hope everyone with a ticket enjoys being back at EEP tomorrow. No matter how anyone feels about the manager or recruitment, it’s still an important step to get Pars fans back in the ground.

I’m going to start with some light mutters under my breath,  add the odd shout midway into the first half,  extend into incoherent rants some way into the 2nd half and boo like f**k when Dumbarton get a late winner.

And I’ll do it all smiling.  Footballs back baby.

Breen is still at Rangers?

It's shows on Wiki that he is playing in the US. Apparently on loan since May with Orange County.

So he is still with Rangers, then?

7 minutes ago, smpar said:

So he still with Rangers, then?

The first article I read on Rangers news said summer 2021. That why I thought he was out of contract.

I then read another site which said November 21. This ties in with the on loan in US. So yeah, he's still at Rangers for the next 3 and a half months.  

1 hour ago, SRB said:

Rover signing another two players yet we can’t sign any worrying times 

Report I saw in the Courier was that they’d signed two absolute jobbers who are clearly cheap AF.

I want signings but would agree that quality is far more important than quantity.

The first article I read on Rangers news said summer 2021. That why I thought he was out of contract.
 I then read another site which said November 21. This ties in with the on loan in US. So yeah, he's still at Rangers for the next 3 and a half months.  

With which club has he been on loan since May?

12 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Report I saw in the Courier was that they’d signed two absolute jobbers who are clearly cheap AF.

I want signings but would agree that quality is far more important than quantity.

I wouldn't poke fun at clubs signing "absolute jobbers" when you've signed Dan Pybus.  Quality over quantity,  you're having a laugh. 

19 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Still making signings tho, he speaks of quality what quality is it tho, he’s been all fart not jobby about signings so far. 

will have 5 again on bench today with not much to choose from. One week before league starts and he’s talking about winning it 

Peter Grant has been in the door just shy of two months and his two assistants were both at the club last season so they would good knowledge of what we lack. I'm happy with the signing of Todarov and I think I'm happy with Mehmet, but the last two signings are bizarre and don't fit the quality over quantity that he's going for. Pybus may turn out to do well but let's be honest, he wasn't getting kept on at QoS and that's not the barrel we should be scraping from. The boy from Utd is only 20 and apparently had a good season at Cove last year, however is he any better than what we currently have?

Still making signings tho, he speaks of quality what quality is it tho, he’s been all fart not jobby about signings so far. 

will have 5 again on bench today with not much to choose from. One week before league starts and he’s talking about winning it 
2 weeks.

We've no midweek game next week so I'd expect some new faces.

On a separate note, looking forward to being back at East End today even in these circumstances. Some day for it. It's been a long year.

Thanks again to everyone who chipped in for Kevin OHaras training top that's me been into the club to pay for it.

First season when we had more folk willing to put money in than we needed, really is staggering. Thank you!