Walking Down The Halbeath Road

A very good start. Sets us up nicely for the rest of the games IMO. Expect two home wins against Dumbarton and Stenhousemuir. Achieve that and that probably should be enough to go through for the 5th season in a row which would be a great achievement.

Alan Temple from the Courier hinting at Kai Kennedy on Twitter, think it’s just a matter of time til he signs.

With 3/4/5 signings still to come in and Dow/Martin/Wilson back fit think we’ll have enough about us to challenge for the top spot, especially given the lack of quality elsewhere in the league. 

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Great result yesterday. Can anyone give a brief recap of the shape we had? Looks like it was a back 3 with wing backs?

Exactly that. MacDonald and Edwards wing backs, Comrie right CH with graham on the left and Watson through the middle. Allan and Dom playing in the middle of the park with Allan slightly deeper, Wighton playing just behind Ohara and Toddy.

43 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Exactly that. MacDonald and Edwards wing backs, Comrie right CH with graham on the left and Watson through the middle. Allan and Dom playing in the middle of the park with Allan slightly deeper, Wighton playing just behind Ohara and Toddy.

Interesting that he seems to see Thomas in the middle or that may just be a reaction to our lack of options.

Would have thought Comrie would be the wing back with MacDonald in the back three but seemed to work either way.

49 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Noticed Dom Thomas was captain yesterday,  is that a permanent role or was someone missing? He just doesn't strike me as a natural captain type figure. 

No captain has been appointed yet.  But I’d have thought Watson would have got it yesterday 

50 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Noticed Dom Thomas was captain yesterday,  is that a permanent role or was someone missing? He just doesn't strike me as a natural captain type figure. 

He's a very popular lad by all accounts. 

Mehmet’s distribution was awful, but hopefully that’ll improve as he gets up to speed. Made a few good saves.

MacDonald was a strange choice at wing back, but thought he and Comrie linked up well. He got forward well and contributed well to both attack and defence.

Comrie did ok in the back 3. Overlapped MacDonald a few times - assuming that was planned and is a good option there, as he’ll slot in at RB, if MacDonald has roamed forward.

Watson did ok. So did Graham. But defensively we had glaring holes and will need to improve. Hopefully they start to click over the next few games.

Edwards was very good at LWB. Nowhere near as wasteful as he has been in previous seasons. Probably his best game in a Pars shirt. Looked full of confidence and bombed forward and tracked back for the full 90.

Paul Allan looks to be a very accomplished midfielder. His passing was excellent and the ball for the 4th was top drawer. He’ll be a big part of Grant’s team, if he can keep up that level of performance.

Thomas looks ok in midfield, but in a 2 he doesn’t do enough defensively - particularly if the wing backs are going to charge forward like that. Think he’s better suited to playing in the front 3, or in behind a front 2, if we stick with a similar system. Played some great passes and it was a great run that won the free kick that he took for Comrie’s goal.

O’Hara was very good. Did a lot of running into good areas and he was much more effective with the ball than he was at the start of last season. Mixed it up a a lot. Coming deep, running in behind, running down the wing, cutting in. More of the same please.

Todorov took his goals very well and looked good in the build up/link up play. Think he’ll prove to be a great signing.

Wighton was fairly anonymous all game. Not sure we can play that 3 with Wighton and Todorov. If Thomas joined that front 3 in his place and got the same role as O’Hara (but on the other side of Todorov), we could be onto something.

Subs didn’t have much time/much to do. Overall, we looked really good in attack and really poor defensively. Difference between the sides was really that we took our chances and Mehmet made some good saves at crucial times. A lot of positives, but a lot to work on. Which is fairly common at this stage, I would say.

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

That was Allan for the 4th assist? That was a phenomenal ball, it's a pleasure to see us carving someone up right down the middle.

Comrie is a better, right footed version of Tierney quite honestly

Grant Tierney? 

Allan played well, I'm surprised he didn't get more of a chance last season when we were short in midfield.

I suspect how we set up was more down to resources available, but I think If we dropped one of the forwards for a more defense-minded midfielder and had Dow/Thomas as the more advanced in a midfield three we could be onto something.

Wighton looked a bit off the pace but he's just returning from injury. If we can keep him, O'Hara, and Todorov fit I doubt we'll struggle for goals.

Hope he shows his full potential unlike the last Kai we brought in.

That’s doing my tits in now, who was the last Kai? I know it’s going to be someone very obvious.

Kai Kamara, the American lad?

Starting to think there hasn’t been another one but I was absolutely convinced we’ve had a Kai before. Somewhere around the Jefferies/Potter era.