Walking Down The Halbeath Road

13 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Does anyone know what percentage sell-on fee the club has for Nisbet? I’ve seen everything from 10% to 30% quoted but don’t think it’s been confirmed anywhere?

20%

I've been told 30% is the figure, from a credible in the know guy. Was also mentioned that Hibs getting into Europe and a Scotland cap was other trigger points where we got money.

Ross McArthur was clearly delighted with the deal struck at the time and it wasn't because the 250k we got. He wouldn't have been gushing at a fairly standard 20% sell on either. I think the 30% will be a more accurate figure.

All speculation but even the low end guesswork of 10% looks like it will still result in a very significant cash injection.

If 30% was negotiated then that's an incredible deal from a Dunfermline viewpoint. Iain Vigurs' agent level of contract negotiation that'd be.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

I thought the 30% had been confirmed at the time but the last few posts makes me think I just saw that number and it’s stuck in my head. As said above, however, even 10% (which is surely the minimum) is a healthy portion.

Looks like he’ll go for no less than £4m if he is sold, so between that and the Germans’ contributions, we’re basically one of football’s financial superpowers.

A front 3 of O’Hara, Todorov and Wighton could be seriously fruity. However, the lack of any sort of depth in midfield or real quality is genuinely concerning, even this early on.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

A front 3 of O’Hara, Todorov and Wighton could be seriously fruity. However, the lack of any sort of depth in midfield or real quality is genuinely concerning, even this early on.

Think that’s something we’ve thought all along. Todorov, at worst, seems a straight swap for McManus, we have promising young players at full back, decent centre backs and wingers. Even keeper seems to have been addressed with Mehmet.

We have a competitive game in less than four days though and our midfield terrifies me.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

18 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Think that’s something we’ve thought all along. Todorov, at worst, seems a straight swap for McManus, we have promising young players at full back, decent centre backs and wingers. Even keeper seems to have been addressed with Mehmet.

We have a competitive game in less than four days though and our midfield terrifies me.

We don't need a midfield just do what most teams do and hoof the ball from defence to attack and play a new formation of 4-0-5

Edited by The Saline Hill Puma

PG saying that he has another couple deals close to completion, they should be done by the St Mirren game next Tuesday. Another 2-3 to follow, so potentially 5 more signings.

Clearly central midfield will take 2/3 of these signings. Just wondering what positions the other 2-3 signings will cover. Maybe another winger? Defence, strikers and keeper position looks covered to me.

Edited by Chubbychops

Kinda concerned to hear him say he wants a group of 20 players to work with. Hopefully that’s not including keepers because that’s a very small squad indeed for a season where we’ll play 42 games minimum.

Also said that Pybus is “different to the type of player we have in the building” by which I assume he means “is a midfielder”.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Kinda concerned to hear him say he wants a group of 20 players to work with.

If he is talking about the current crop of players (which currently stands at 20) being competitive in this diddy cup, then that's totally fine. 

We need at least 5 signings to have a complete squad.