Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Guest Axle Grease
Just now, Ludo*1 said:

@Axle Grease

I've had 2 notifications of you replying to my post, but by the time I click on them, they're gone?

I'm trying to post a link mate, but it's not working. 

There is another Pars forum available, East End Bounce, uses same host as P&B, same lay out. 

7 minutes ago, Axle Grease said:

I'm trying to post a link mate, but it's not working. 

There is another Pars forum available, East End Bounce, uses same host as P&B, same lay out. 

Why isn't that more popular?

Guest Axle Grease
2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Why isn't that more popular?

Dunno exactly. It's got over 600 members but hasn't panned out as expected. Does have regular posters though, but a bit slow. 

I think Facebook and Twitter take a lot of traffic away from 'traditional' forums nowadays. 

2 minutes ago, Axle Grease said:

Dunno exactly. It's got over 600 members but hasn't panned out as expected. Does have regular posters though, but a bit slow. 

I think Facebook and Twitter take a lot of traffic away from 'traditional' forums nowadays. 

Yeah, that's definitely a factor. It makes me worry about P&B in the long term! I'm not a fan of our social media stuff. Much prefer forums. Key has to be constant promotion on other websites.

For better or worse, the amount of car crashes DAFC.net seems to have, it's the site that sticks in my mind as Dunfermline's go to forum because it gets more publicity on the likes of here (mostly bad). So whenever we face each other, it's the one I go to as I am a sad case that likes to read what the opposition fans think about Dundee/the game just played etc.

Guest Axle Grease
1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah, that's definitely a factor. It makes me worry about P&B in the long term! I'm not a fan of our social media stuff. Much prefer forums. Key has to be constant promotion on other websites.

For better or worse, the amount of car crashes DAFC.net seems to have, it's the site that sticks in my mind as Dunfermline's go to forum because it gets more publicity on the likes of here (mostly bad). So whenever we face each other, it's the one I go to as I am a sad case that likes to read what the opposition fans think about Dundee/the game just played etc.

I'm banned as f*ck from it. I use the East End Bounce forum and here. 

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Or they're just having a wee chuckle after reading all the impatience for someone being brought in.

As justified as that might be, it never makes sense to take the piss out of your own fans. I’d give them credit enough to not be that thick and childish.

.net will generally get a half decent amount of traffic so long as it’s owner is hanging about the club and involved in different roles.

From a club point of view we should get rid of him and bring professionals in to provide a better product for relatively little cost.   But when your getting it for free it’s a big commitment to burn your bridges with volunteers(he will take any rejection really badly IMO) and instead pay for the service you are getting for f**k all.    

Medium term it will be interesting to see how the Germans approach that side of things.   Their getting full control soon, and whilst they might have other things to focus on initially I think they will look into how the club approaches fan engagement online and that could leave Brian and his cronies in a difficult position.

It’s an interesting model. Post stupid shit that people share links to point out how stupid the shit is and then get excited about the increase in web traffic.

The content is enough to make you queasy but the Dot Net also looks so old fashioned and cheap. Making excuses for not running a Twitter account like it’s a big time consuming thing FFS.

I’ve also been a Pars fan online for a long time and have never even heard of East End Bounce so it can’t be advertised that well. I think one club forums only lead to deluded fans tbh, so P&B will do me fine.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

Guest Axle Grease
19 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

It’s an interesting model. Post stupid shit that people share links to point out how stupid the shit is and then get excited about the increase in web traffic.

The content is enough to make you queasy but the Dot Net also looks so old fashioned and cheap. Making excuses for not running a Twitter account like it’s a big time consuming thing FFS.

I’ve also been a Pars fan online for a long time and have never even heard of East End Bounce so it can’t be advertised that well. I think one club forums only lead to deluded fans tbh, so P&B will do me fine.

😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Damn they got me in their web!  

I really need to use the bounce site more to help get it going.   Once more folk post on there than the other place, then it’s job done.   Then see if they go full Enoch Powell to try and win back lost posters.  

Guest Axle Grease
4 hours ago, parsboi said:

Damn they got me in their web!  

I really need to use the bounce site more to help get it going.   Once more folk post on there than the other place, then it’s job done.   Then see if they go full Enoch Powell to try and win back lost posters.  

Be more than happy to have you. You'll find it an okay place to use. 

8 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

As justified as that might be, it never makes sense to take the piss out of your own fans. I’d give them credit enough to not be that thick and childish.

Perhaps I worded it wrongly. I just took it as a bit of fun, whereas there are people (not suggesting you) who find outrage in anything.

Going to make a conscious effort to start using bounce as well.

My mother taught me if I didn't have anything nice to say then don't say it all, hence why I've not went full in on dot net.

Hopefully they get outbid by an English club. Think a championship club down south would be a much better career move. I’d probably find it hard to want him to continue to progress/do well, if he joined Celtic. If they act with the same arrogance they did with the McGinn transfer, we’ll be fine.

According to Twitterland of yore, Hibs have put a price tag of £5mil on Nisbet. Unsure if that is realistic to be honest. If clubs are genuinely bidding £4mil for him, you'd think that should be too hard to turn down.

Guest Axle Grease
31 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Going to make a conscious effort to start using bounce as well.

My mother taught me if I didn't have anything nice to say then don't say it all, hence why I've not went full in on dot net.

It's there to give fellow fans an option. Wire in.