Jump to content

Walking Down The Halbeath Road


Recommended Posts

Guest Axle Grease
9 hours ago, Axle Grease said:

Screenshot_20210630_190317_com.android.chrome-01.jpeg

The absolute nick of this post🙄, closed it down as well to stifle any further opinions after a few challenging opinions crept in. 

It was published elsewhere 'on a much higher profile wesbsit without comment' yet it's induced a fair bit of rage among Pars fans on here, .Net, and East End Bounce but so what though, that's apparently irrelevant as everyone apologised and the posts were removed. 

Our club is a community club, an inclusive club, it is promoted as such and therefore it will be looking to associate itself with inclusive initiatives and situations, and rightly so. As a Pars fan I've been disappointed in this situation to say the least. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The "we're sorry we upset you" line, that racists pump out whenever they're outed as racists, is something else.

It's never "we're sorry for being massive racists and it won't happen again", it's always being folk for not being racist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lot of English player contracts expire on 30th June, I believe. If that’s the market we’ve been looking at then we may end up announcing signings shortly. Maybe I’m just being hopeful though, given the lack of news/players 9 days before our first game of the season.

The manager did say they were hoping to finalise a couple of signings early this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

A lot of English player contracts expire on 30th June, I believe. If that’s the market we’ve been looking at then we may end up announcing signings shortly. Maybe I’m just being hopeful though, given the lack of news/players 9 days before our first game of the season.

The manager did say they were hoping to finalise a couple of signings early this week.

not just England, most of European players are the same.....Messi is now without a club, heard he loves a Stepehen's steak bridie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

We have a competitive game in 9 days and have no central midfielders in our squad.

A few signings over the next couple of days would be welcome.

Signings absolutely needed but we have 2 central midfielders, Wilson and Allan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Signings absolutely needed but we have 2 central midfielders, Wilson and Allan.

Wilson is injured so already behind in terms of fitness and Allan is just a kid. Central midfielders absolutely needed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, lochgellyPAR said:

Bought a season ticket yesterday for the first time since 2018/19. What's the script with actually getting in the stadium or has nothing been sorted out?

Jason Leitch seems to think we'll have full stadiums by some time in August. I you can get 60,000 in Wembley then we should be allowed every ST holder in East End, spaced out at the very least. I'm going to get a ST in the next couple of days, have to be honest though, I'm not overly fussed about going to the football if I can't go with my mates and sit in silence on my own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Can see there being a futile restriction on away supporters supported by absolutely nothing logical, possibly for the first round of games.

There are no restrictions on away fans for the friendlies going on just now, so it seems unlikely there would be for league games. If away fans aren't allowed to games, it'll be because the home team choose not to do so in order to allow as many of their own fans in as possible.

Edited by craigkillie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

There are no restrictions on away fans for all the friendlies going on just now, so it seems unlikely there would be for league games. If away fans aren't allowed to games, it'll be because the home team choose not to do so in order to allow as many of their own fans in as possible.

We've had fans at our game at the weekend and plan to do so again this coming Saturday however strictly for season ticket holders only and crowd limited to 600 by all accounts. I think the 600 capacity, for us anyway, is due to us only utilising one stand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The vast majority of footballer's* contracts ran out yesterday, so hopefully we'll see some announcements soon.

*Playing in Europe and the UK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

We've had fans at our game at the weekend and plan to do so again this coming Saturday however strictly for season ticket holders only and crowd limited to 600 by all accounts. I think the 600 capacity, for us anyway, is due to us only utilising one stand.

If you were to use both your stands plus the railway end would that be enough for your season ticket holders? 

 

Not a dig or that! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If you were to use both your stands plus the railway end would that be enough for your season ticket holders? 

 

Not a dig or that! 

Depends on social distancing I guess.  On Sat, every second row was empty and there was a good 4/5 empty seats between available ones.  Hard to gauge, but with that type of distancing I'd reckon we'd do well to get more than 1k season ticket holders in as a really rough guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any news on any potential new faces? PG said he hopes for something at start of the week and if not defo by Saturday. 
 

Season starts in just over a week , like to have a cup run but can’t see it this year. Is it time to start wetting the bed? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JFPar said:

Wilson is injured so already behind in terms of fitness and Allan is just a kid. Central midfielders absolutely needed.

Wilson is only 1 year older than Allan who will definitely be in the first team this season, again I’m not disagreeing signings are required ASAP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If you were to use both your stands plus the railway end would that be enough for your season ticket holders? 

 

Not a dig or that! 

We'll find out on Saturday as both stands are now due to be open so will be interesting to see what like the crowd is. We had railway end open on Saturday as well come to think of it. We've no idea how many season tickets we've sold unfortunately (club haven't reported a figure). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, obiwanyouknowme said:

Any news on any potential new faces? PG said he hopes for something at start of the week and if not defo by Saturday. 
 

Season starts in just over a week , like to have a cup run but can’t see it this year. Is it time to start wetting the bed? 

There's some that have already pissed all over it, ruining the sheets for the Rovers game in August.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...