Walking Down The Halbeath Road

14 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Are pre-season friendlies glorified training sessions played at half pace that are completely insignificant  ? Yes 

Am I enjoying the euros which I can watch for free comfortable in my own home?  Yes

Am I completely buzzing that i will  see the mighty DA live from inside a football stadium in just a few days ?  HELL FUCKING YES.

Can I explain why the f**k that makes any sense?  No 

Can't wait either. Never been to Ainslie Park. Anyone know the parking situation?

13 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Hadn't seen them until flagged here. Posted on the forum calling the Rylan article out as homophobic and that post has been deleted as offensive. Astonishing stuff.

Absolutely ridiculous, the moderation team on there ought to be ashamed of themselves.

18 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Can't wait either. Never been to Ainslie Park. Anyone know the parking situation?

It was fairly busy but you could still get parked quite nearby when we played Edinburgh city, over 1000 there that day tho and this is restricted to 350,  should be pretty easy. 

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

We'll have lots of trialists for these upcoming friendlies, so it'll be a guess who game from the pictures. 

the club wont show them if they actually are at the game, have to rely on the opposition for that.

must be using the covid rules excuse for no preseason pics again too, rules that only apply to us when every other team is doing pics and videos. not good enough!

I honestly hope this is the death of that site. It 100% should be. Those 2 articles truly are disgustingly ignorant. The racism one was posted days after we signed Todorov, who spoke out about the abuse he received during a Raith game last season - for which Davidson only got a 2 game ban.

I have some Asian friends who were abused on the streets (racial profiling) near the start of the pandemic. I have been in a job (left soon after), where my boss interviewed someone, then said she wasn’t sure about them, before asking everyone in the office if they would be comfortable working with a black person. Don’t tell me racism isn’t an issue in this country, it 100% is. Just because it’s not as commonly reported on as it is in other countries, that doesn’t mean that it isn’t an issue.

Imagine bragging about having 4 friends from non-white backgrounds, as if that makes you diverse. Anyone who is an admin on that site should be embarrassed. Two incredibly bizarre and bigoted articles on a football fan site.

9 minutes ago, parsboi said:

Both articles are horrendous but the blatant homophobia in the cinch one is just incredible.  

Jesus Christ. I hadn't seen that one. It's worse than the highly sketchy racism one, some seriously troubling stuff there. 

The author has really jumped on a tangential link to football to launch into a homophobic diatribe. That's fucking appalling. 

Jesus Christ. I hadn't seen that one. It's worse than the highly sketchy racism one, some seriously troubling stuff there. 
The author has really jumped on a tangential link to football to launch into a homophobic diatribe. That's fucking appalling. 
It's actually good to highlight that the article was published over a week ago and has taken about 10 days to be picked up on. Shows the sheer lack of traffic that site gets these days.