Parscelona

Walking Down The Halbeath Road

McManus bid accepted

Dunfermline Athletic have accepted a £50,000 bid for Declan McManus from The New Saints.

The ambitious Welsh side want the 26-year-old to spearhead their Europa League Conference assault.

TNS have tabled a club-record bid that the Pars have accepted.

The 26-year-old is now due to travel south for talks and to finalise his move.

TNS have new financial backing and they are looking to topple Connah Quay’s Nomads from the top spot.

Not bad deal for a player that wasn't likely to start games next year.

£50k for McManus is a good deal for us, in my opinion. O’Hara and Wighton ahead of him in the pecking order. Would rather he stayed, but more than happy to get £50k for him.

A real statement of intent by TNS after failing to win the Welsh title the previous 2 years. Now the ultimate matchup for the title can proceed: Declan McManus vs Craig Curran.

50k for McManus is terrific, as someone else said I think Wighton and O'Hara will be our front 2. I think McCann wouldn't be bad as back up either.

12 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

50k for McManus is terrific, as someone else said I think Wighton and O'Hara will be our front 2. I think McCann wouldn't be bad as back up either.

McCann isn't up to it I think.

A huge total of 0 goals for us. Even Gabby McGill got 1.

Aye I'm aware of that. Maybe it's me becoming stubborn in my view but I still think there's a potentially great player there.

Shields and Grant both talked about him as having great potential in their recent interviews. Think they’re hoping for him to kick on this season.

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye I'm aware of that. Maybe it's me becoming stubborn in my view but I still think there's a potentially great player there.

5 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Shields and Grant both talked about him as having great potential in their recent interviews. Think they’re hoping for him to kick on this season.

I wonder what this 'potential' is based on? Even in a rank season last year, some players still showed flashes that they could be decent. All I can remember from McCann is him nearly scoring at Morton. That's it, across an entire season. I haven't seen anything to suggest he'll be decent, let alone great. 

What am I missing?

Edited by DA Baracus

I wonder what this 'potential' is based on? Even in a rank season last year, some players still showed flashes that they could be decent. All I can remember from McCann is him nearly scoring at Morton. That's it, across an entire season. I haven't seen anything to suggest he'll be decent, let alone great. 
What am I missing?

I thought he looked like he had potential a couple of years ago, but he’s really not kicked on. That being said, he hardly played last season and Crawford moved him all over the place - he even played central midfield a few times. So it’s a bit hard to judge him based on that. Just looked and he played 360 minutes in the league. Equivalent of 4 full games in a 27 game season. But he didn’t seem to offer anything in those appearances, I would agree.

He’s never had a consistent run of appearances in any position and is only 20, so we’ve just got to trust the coaches/manager’s opinions. We don’t see what goes on in training. By all accounts, he’s done well for the reserves, but he hasn’t made that move to first team standards yet.

Getting 50k for Dec would be a tremendous bit of business.

53 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I thought he looked like he had potential a couple of years ago, but he’s really not kicked on. That being said, he hardly played last season and Crawford moved him all over the place - he even played central midfield a few times. So it’s a bit hard to judge him based on that. Just looked and he played 360 minutes in the league. Equivalent of 4 full games in a 27 game season. But he didn’t seem to offer anything in those appearances, I would agree.

He’s never had a consistent run of appearances in any position and is only 20, so we’ve just got to trust the coaches/manager’s opinions. We don’t see what goes on in training. By all accounts, he’s done well for the reserves, but he hasn’t made that move to first team standards yet.

Let's hope he does the business then.

That's a good bit of business in my opinion. Isn't Earth-shattering, but we signed him on a free anyway. O'Hara and Wighton were the main men, with McManus being fudged in to odd positions, so isn't a massive loss really. 

Ach I like McManus, I think more for his attitude and as a person than his ability.

There is a position and a style of play he excels in, we didn't play it and I don't think he is worthy of building a team around. So, aye, decent bit of business that. 

Just had a new bairn too, doubt playing in Wales is going to be ideal on that front but hope he batters the goals in. 

20 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Ach I like McManus, I think more for his attitude and as a person than his ability.

There is a position and a style of play he excels in, we didn't play it and I don't think he is worthy of building a team around. So, aye, decent bit of business that. 

Just had a new bairn too, doubt playing in Wales is going to be ideal on that front but hope he batters the goals in. 

He could have said he doesn't fancy it if moving away was an issue, I would expect the money is a sweetner.

Hope Peter Grant can get more out of McCann than his contributions thus far in his pars career.

I like Mcmanus.  But 50k + his wages is more than enough to bring in another striker of better quality,  decent enough deal for us.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

What am I missing?

Training sessions, presumably. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Training sessions, presumably. 

Baracus has his finger on the pulse, I wouldn’t doubt him.

Baracus has his finger on the pulse, I wouldn’t doubt him.
Normally he's checking they're dead before moving on to foreplay.