Parscelona

Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

image.jpeg.020ceb890fee4a5eff6c96a9330ded2d.jpeg
Then we’ll be back to what level, Lewis?

Be lucky if he’s scored half a dozen goals since that game. Shame he’s found his level and hasn’t kicked on.

Be lucky if he’s scored half a dozen goals since that game. Shame he’s found his level and hasn’t kicked on.
The worst of patter.

4 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

True, but half of them have been against your boys.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

True, but half of them have been against your boys.

They've had no one of Vaughan's quality since they stole Nisbet.

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

They've had no one of Vaughan's quality since they stole Nisbet.

Not seeing Vaughan here:

Screenshot_20210605-220433_Opera.thumb.jpg.8ba0d581c73169cce2eb6d926f08ebb8.jpg

Also we've only been without Nisbet for one (shortened) season.

Finally, get help.

Edited by DA Baracus

4 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:
7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

The worst of patter.

It’s not patter. As with most players in this league, if they were decent they’d be snapped up by a club in a higher division for more money.

I was told Stephen Robinson was a laughable shout for our manager but he’s apparently about to go to Morecambe.

If Morecambe is a massively bigger job than Dunfermline in 2021 then we’d be as well packing it in tbh.

55 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I was told Stephen Robinson was a laughable shout for our manager but he’s apparently about to go to Morecambe.

If Morecambe is a massively bigger job than Dunfermline in 2021 then we’d be as well packing it in tbh.

You don’t think league 1 in England is bigger than Dunfermline? 

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

It absolutely is a bigger job than Dunfermline though. 

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Why wouldn't they? The sums of money in England are absolutely massive compared to Scotland.

Just as a starter every League 2 club in England gets £472,000 each per season in TV cash. League 1 clubs get £667,000 each person season.

They all get similar for 'solidarity' payments.

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

You don’t think league 1 in England is bigger than Dunfermline? 

I don’t believe a team battling relegation in England’s third tier should be a bigger job than a club aiming to reach Scottish top flight, no.

I get they may get more money from EFL but essentially we’re all just accepting Scottish football is a meaningless pub league if diddies like Morecambe dwarf us all.

It doesn't matter if you think Morecambe is smaller or bigger than Dunfermline though. Robinson has stated he wanted a crack down South or a top 3 club up here. His stock was on a downward trajectory towards the end of his time at Motherwell and he's been out the game for a considerable amount of time. 

He'd be lucky to get a club the size of Motherwell in Scotland again at this rate so he's backed himself into a corner in that his only option is down South whatever the level. Morecambe aren't exactly likely to be spending massive amounts either considering the wage cap. 

I wouldn't be getting upset about it. He's basically put himself in a position where he can't get a realistic job up here due to his demands.

8 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I don’t believe a team battling relegation in England’s third tier should be a bigger job than a club aiming to reach Scottish top flight, no.

I get they may get more money from EFL but essentially we’re all just accepting Scottish football is a meaningless pub league if diddies like Morecambe dwarf us all.

I think the whole stuff about how 'big' a club is is meaningless nonsense, so if Morecambe are then I don't care.

47 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I think the whole stuff about how 'big' a club is is meaningless nonsense, so if Morecambe are then I don't care.

This

Sure it can be good banter saying we’re a big club, etc, etc. Sure we might have a better stadium, fan numbers, facilities but on the pitch we’re a Championship level club and have been for a while.

But you can’t ignore the fact that they get more money. Which means he’ll have a bigger budget there and be able to attract a higher quality of player because of that. That is why it’s a more appealing job to a lot of managers.

Some managers relish the opportunity to take on a club in our position and try and build us to become an established top flight club. But, if you have no affinity to this club, why would you not go where you can make more money and even have the opportunity to draw a premier league club in a cup, get great experience from that and increase the budget even further.

The potential career growth with a club down south, is much greater than at a club like Dunfermline. Do a good job there, he’ll attract interest from championship clubs and then potentially premier league clubs. He didn’t get noticed down south, for his work at Motherwell. It would take a very long time to be able to get Dunfermline to the level he got Motherwell to, never mind trying to improve on that.

Anyone saying Morecambe have a better standard of player didn’t watch the play-off final. They’re absolutely fucking brutal.

Anyway, not going to win this argument so let’s just await which shite players want to join our backwater club.

Robinson wasn't getting a job up here anyway. Demands were far too high for majority of clubs, so likely next move was England. Morecambe are a diddy team in the grand scheme of things, but they play in England, therefore they will be able to offer an exceptionally higher wage than teams like ourselves.