Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I think Murray is a loss tbh. I like Watson but I’d have kept Murray over him given the choice. Big Gaz looked promising though and I’m happy for that to become the partnership next season.

We’ve known Turner was leaving since he went on loan. Grant needs to bring in a couple of more attack-minded midfielders.

He never made an impact to show he should stay but Cammy Gill has been at EEP for a long time now. Hope he gets a regular gig and can show his ability.

Think I’m the only Pars fan that saw very little in Whittaker. Looked half finished to me. Hopefully just back-up for Wilson.

I'm with you. Aside from a handful of games I thought he was pretty ineffective.

Edwards has his flaws and certainly has a poor game in him. But he’s only just turned 21 and I think Lewis Martin looked like he was struggling a lot more than Edwards does, when he was 21. If the coaching staff see something in him (and they clearly do) then we have to trust that.

Will be interesting to see if Martin and Whittaker stay. Would suspect Martin maybe has a 6 month deal and Whittaker will get another year - unless it’s maybe a 2 year deal if he’s part of the management/coaching team.

After that, it will be interesting to see who we recruit. Midfield is an obvious area, where we need at 2/3 more bodies, depending on whether we plan go with a 2 or a 3 in the middle of the park. Obviously we need a keeper now too. Would expect this to be a new number 1.

Key word was “have” - both players did receive offers, but there are none on the table now. We did offer both Turner and Murray new deals, but both said they had no interest in signing. We accepted that a while ago and moved on. Murray’s decision was a large part of the decision to bring in Gaspuitis. Murray’s agreed to sign for another club and has told us that, so why would we claim to have an offer on the table just now?

That’s what I assumed was the case from your first post. How do you know all this?

Edwards is far from the finished article but he’s undoubtedly improved and that’s what you’re looking for in younger players. Now, he has to kick on again and aim to be the best left back in the Championship.

Defence is nearly there IMO. I like the look of Comrie-Watson-Gaz-Edwards with MacDonald and potentially Martin providing cover.

New keeper (or two?) and couple of central midfielders should be the next aim.

I imagine Owain will be on a fair wage and should be used as back-up, predominantly utilised as a goalkeeper coach. Would like to see us prioritise signing a goalkeeper and a couple midfielders.

54 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

We need wide players.

We do but squad has bigger holes that require more immediate attention IMO.

Thomas and Dow (if fit) are pretty decent options. I suppose McCann and O’Hara could cover if needed. I’d think we’ll probably end up with a young winger from the Premiership on loan.

Cowden thought to be in for Cammy Gill. Any good ?
Hasnt played much in all the years he has been at Club

Just a couple of league and cup games to speak of. Hasn’t looked great in those games but he’s young and really inexperienced, never know what a decent run of games at senior level could do for him.

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

Cowden thought to be in for Cammy Gill. Any good ?

Hasnt played much in all the years he has been at Club

As you say, Gill really hasn’t featured enough to be judged fairly. Clearly no Pars manager has deemed him good enough to be any more than back-up.

Personally, I feel he’s stayed at EEP too long and it will be good for him to get out there playing regularly. Sean Murdoch got released by the Pars as a youngster and ended up back at EEP later in his career a far better keeper.

RE McManus. I noticed he shared something on his Instagram stories a couple of weeks ago. It was some sort of quote along the lines of football being like a rollercoaster, very little you can control so don’t worry about the future. Then there was separate message from someone telling him not to worry/get caught up in the uncertainty. Thought that was a bit weird for a player under contract. The dates do coincide with Craw resigning so maybe he’s worried he won’t be in the new managers plans.

I was quite happy when Dec rejoined us last summer and he did score some big goals, however he didn’t score enough. Wighton is an all round good player, and O’Hara seemed to get better as the season went on, plus he’s worked with PG before so I think McManus will find himself out the starting 11, even if we’re playing two up. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Kyle Turner signs a 2 year deal with Partick.

Easily replaceable.

Don’t you rate Turner? Be  interested on your views on how he played with Pars, there has been a lot of positivity about his performances at Airdrie which is why we’re happy to sign him.

Guest Axle Grease
6 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:

Don’t you rate Turner? Be  interested on your views on how he played with Pars, there has been a lot of positivity about his performances at Airdrie which is why we’re happy to sign him.

I rated him as a creative player, no doubt he has that in him. Came to the Pars from Stranraer where he scored a lot of goals. He's an enthusiastic player. I think given the right formation he'll do well.