Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Sad to lose him.

Good solid defender and seemed a decent guy. Natural leader.  Not shocked he's off elsewhere though. Killie will be offering money we can't match.

Hopefully Big Gaspuitis is ready to fill in next year. Saw enough about him to think he might be decent once up to speed.

Apparently he only lives a stones throw from Rugby Park so no travelling anymore if him signing is true, bearing in mind it's The Sun reporting it....

Edited by C4mmy31

10 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Sad to lose him.

Good solid defender and seemed a decent guy. Natural leader.  Not shocked he's off elsewhere though. Killie will be offering money we can't match.

Hopefully Big Gaspuitis is ready to fill in next year. Saw enough about him to think he might be decent once up to speed.

Aye, would agree with this, especially with the big man stepping up. Thought he looked very promising when he played. 

8 hours ago, Peter Grant said:

Did Murray score a goal after him/his agent were in the papers touting for a move just a few months into the season? 

By my reckoning he last scored on the 28th of November.

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye, would agree with this, especially with the big man stepping up. Thought he looked very promising when he played. 

By my reckoning he last scored on the 28th of November.

Murray and Turner the big names out of those released. Both easily replaceable. Murray was a good servant, but Gaspuitis looks promising and can probably fill that gap.

Turner came on a game but really nothing special in all honesty and will be replaced fairly easily.

Does this mean then that Lewis Martin, Steven Whittaker and Josh Edwards will be staying?

Is it just Lewis Martin and Josh Edwards who have been offered new deals then? Can’t remember if anyone else was out of contract.

Edit: forgot about Whittaker - Grant mentioned in his interview he wanted to keep him though.

Murray and Turner the big names out of those released. Both easily replaceable. Murray was a good servant, but Gaspuitis looks promising and can probably fill that gap.

Turner came on a game but really nothing special in all honesty and will be replaced fairly easily.

Does this mean then that Lewis Martin, Steven Whittaker and Josh Edwards will be staying?

Presumably means they’ve been/will be offered deals. Until they’re signed, they’re free to go anywhere though. Those announced as released have no deals on the table from us.

Those announced as released have no deals on the table from us.

Is that the case aye? Sounds like the Turner situation has been over for a while, but I’d be surprised if Euan Murray hadn’t been offered a new contract.

Also, Kyle Turner will win the Champions League one day and we’ll rue the day we let him leave.

I think Murray is a loss tbh. I like Watson but I’d have kept Murray over him given the choice. Big Gaz looked promising though and I’m happy for that to become the partnership next season.

We’ve known Turner was leaving since he went on loan. Grant needs to bring in a couple of more attack-minded midfielders.

He never made an impact to show he should stay but Cammy Gill has been at EEP for a long time now. Hope he gets a regular gig and can show his ability.

Think I’m the only Pars fan that saw very little in Whittaker. Looked half finished to me. Hopefully just back-up for Wilson.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

47 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Hoping Martin will be back to full fitness for the start of the season. Him and Dow, any chance of that?

Hope so glad to see Martin get another chance hope he can kick on although we have decent options at LB but his ability to play right across the back 4 is useful as cover.

Is that the case aye? Sounds like the Turner situation has been over for a while, but I’d be surprised if Euan Murray hadn’t been offered a new contract.

Also, Kyle Turner will win the Champions League one day and we’ll rue the day we let him leave.

Key word was “have” - both players did receive offers, but there are none on the table now. We did offer both Turner and Murray new deals, but both said they had no interest in signing. We accepted that a while ago and moved on. Murray’s decision was a large part of the decision to bring in Gaspuitis. Murray’s agreed to sign for another club and has told us that, so why would we claim to have an offer on the table just now?