Walking Down The Halbeath Road

7 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Bollocks, I had erased that,  now all I can see is talbot getting destroyed by mulraney,  jake fucking mulraney.

Jake Mulraney shared a pitch, in a competitive game, with Gonzalo Higuain a few weeks ago. How mental is that.

10 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

At least he’s going for the title, no messing about. He’ll look like a fud if he falls short but nothing about his interview suggested he has much self-awareness anyway.

The step by step progress attitude needed nipped in the bud anyway.  We've been far too reserved in our ambitions and attitude for too long.

St Mirren nearly got relegated  and then won the league the year after. Livi with consecutive promotions. Promotion doesn't have to be a 5-10 year project that some seem to think.

Dunfermline Athletic: Peter Grant rejected other opportunities to become new boss at East End Park - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57276850

"They saw my CV on the football pitch," Grant says. "I don't believe in putting a CV in because, if I did, I would blow everybody else away anyway. I don't mean that disrespectfully."

In the words of literary scholar Kendrick Lamar: Be Humble.

I low-key love that sort of thing from a manager. Would rather more of them came out with this sort of thing more often.

52 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

At least he’s going for the title, no messing about. He’ll look like a fud if he falls short but nothing about his interview suggested he has much self-awareness anyway.

He'll be away if we don't get promoted and delighted to see the manager say that so early. Excited to see what he can achieve, failure will be a massive disappointment and cost him his job hopefully he can deliver under pressure.

44 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

The step by step progress attitude needed nipped in the bud anyway.  We've been far too reserved in our ambitions and attitude for too long.

St Mirren nearly got relegated  and then won the league the year after. Livi with consecutive promotions. Promotion doesn't have to be a 5-10 year project that some seem to think.

Fully agree. Most folk would concur we had a fairly limited coach last year and obvious gaps in the squad and we still finished 4th. Dundee are absolutely nothing special but they’ll be in the top flight next season.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

Guest Axle Grease
10 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

He can slaver some pish in 8 min 16 secs 😜

Takes you a fraction of that. 

At least he is laying the gauntlet down from the start and staking a claim for winning the league rather than this “happy to have a football club” guff, so I respect him for that.

8 hours ago, 101 said:

He'll be away if we don't get promoted and delighted to see the manager say that so early. Excited to see what he can achieve, failure will be a massive disappointment and cost him his job hopefully he can deliver under pressure.

A massive club with a massive sense of entitlement

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

A massive club with a massive sense of entitlement

I think you'll find Pars fans are in agreement here: we only deserve to be in the Premiership if we are good enough. We simply haven't been since 2016. We absolutely have the infrastructure, stature and finances to be there, especially now there isn't a club in the league that absolutely dwarves the rest's finances, but we only get it if we deserve it. Not challenging for the title given said resources is what we are unhappy with, especially after seeing St. Mirren and Livi get there under worse circumstances, ie Livi just got promoted from League 1 and St. Mirren escaped bottom 2 by goal difference the season previous (I know Livi went up via the play-offs, but the point still stands) Christ, even Raith finished above us last season. That just simply isn't good enough. 

I'm over us appointing Grant now and we just have to support the guy. If he can have us playing good stuff with some better additions at left back and some experienced heads in there rather than signing guys on loan from Celtic, it might work. He was the one that unearthed O'Hara's potential. Get O'Hara and Wighton firing on all cylinders with complimentary players around them then it could be a success. I'm not holding my breath though. 

I low-key love that sort of thing from a manager. Would rather more of them came out with this sort of thing more often.

He seems chaotic as f**k and I love it already. Going to be some incredible moments this season, you can tell.