Parscelona

Walking Down The Halbeath Road

25 minutes ago, HoustonRover said:

Pat shan appointment. Alloa were a solid championship side till he took over. Were miles and miles off it last year and went down without even making a fist of it.

Barely scraping survival to taking them down eventually is hardly the massive change you think it is. I'm not defending him btw. 

Hopefully we’ll see some signing coming in soon. It’s been weird seeing other clubs announcing new players knowing we wouldn’t see any until we had a manager.

Hope the budget isn't affected too much by the drop in season ticket sales.

A bad start and we'll soon be regularly playing in front of crowds under 3000.

Edited by DA Baracus

Poor from Sky Sports, but I also feel like Peter Grant should have made a point of trying to turn the conversation back to Dunfermline. First interview I’ve heard with him as our boss and he seemed happy to repeatedly talk about his love for Celtic.
I thought he did tbh

Anyway, let’s try and move on - player contracts expire on Monday, so I’d expect to get an update on them soon. Edwards, Martin and Whittaker are probably the only out of contract players who might get a new deal.

Turner and Murray are likely to be away. Can’t see us offering a deal to Gill, I’d assume Grant will want to upgrade the goalkeeping department and have OFW as number 2, since he’s already under contract for next season.

If Grant signs Vigurs then I’ll turn the corner on the new boss fairly sharpish. Wanted him to run the show in the midfield at EEP for years.

Really hope we can improve on Craws attempts of solving the GK issue. Can't  be that hard to improve on Scully and OFW. Two rotten keepers we've had in recent times.

7 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

If Grant signs Vigurs then I’ll turn the corner on the new boss fairly sharpish. Wanted him to run the show in the midfield at EEP for years.

He'll be sat in the stand suspended most of the season.

I fear our league cup group,  It’s perfectly set for a couple of below par performances that has us fail to get out the groups for the first time.  

A few new players and grant trying to implement his ‘philosophy’.  With a fan base already in a negative place puts us in a very bad place before we’ve even played a league game.  I’m getting massive Alan stubs vibes here.  I really hope his contract is set up to make him cheap to dump. 

That said he brings Cardle home,  let’s him cut inside and produce his trademark top corner finish to win the group and we’re best pals.

Second time. We failed to get out of the group in the first year it was used. Got pumped by ICT.

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Second time. We failed to get out of the group in the first year it was used. Got pumped by ICT.

5-1 we got scudded at home. Dundee United pumped us as well at Tannadice.

Sky sports have released more of the interview with Grant. He mentions his chats with Thomas Meggle and it seems Meggle was particularly keen to speak to him. He also talks about wanting to win promotion with this club and how he thinks with the quality of player we have, with a couple more to be added, he thinks we have the right tools to do well. Bit more optimistic after listening.

21 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

8 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

5-1 we got scudded at home. Dundee United pumped us as well at Tannadice.

Bollocks, I had erased that,  now all I can see is talbot getting destroyed by mulraney,  jake fucking mulraney.

Edited by parsforlife

47 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

He'll be sat in the stand suspended most of the season.

I think he was pushing 15 bookings this season. That is top level shithousery considering he only played in about 20 games.

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

received_2582673545373249.thumb.jpeg.7fb226e2d79340511bf093d5c0f9e900.jpegreceived_485441316040189.thumb.jpeg.3dafa29a65ed9e01de77d741ea94d7d6.jpeg

Actually looks much better when you see the full kit that away one.

Really like the home strip. Looks like the strip we wore in the late 80s under Leish.