Walking Down The Halbeath Road

32 minutes ago, smpar said:

That spoiler is giving me 2008/09 vibes. Expecting Nicky Phinn to do the unveiling.

I liked that one so if it's similar to that I'll be happy

18 minutes ago, 101 said:

The away kit is :wub:

It better be based on the red and blue jester kit. I DM'd Andy Barrowman on Twitter quite inebriated asking for such. 

Has there been a list announced of players you guys have let go yet? Heard a name we are very interested in but not sure if he’s been resigned or let go.

Who? Of those out of contract, I can’t imagine many of them being too interesting. Murray and Turner are hoping for top flight moves. I’d imagine Edwards and Whittaker will end up staying in the championship, whether it’s with us or not. Lewis Martin (if fit) will be in championship/league 1. Think Gill (sub keeper) and 2 untested youngsters (Swinton and Berry) are the only other players out of contract.

8 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Who? Of those out of contract, I can’t imagine many of them being too interesting. Murray and Turner are hoping for top flight moves. I’d imagine Edwards and Whittaker will end up staying in the championship, whether it’s with us or not. Lewis Martin (if fit) will be in championship/league 1. Think Gill (sub keeper) and 2 untested youngsters (Swinton and Berry) are the only other players out of contract.

Gill the goalkeeper is the one who i’ve heard.

6 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Some OTT responses to being linked with Peter Grant. His CV doesn't scream success but he's a coaching manager and I would be interested to see what he could do having players full time and not just a couple of nights a week. No-one realistic stands out over others for being either awful or overly successful, all a much of a muchness.

We're lucky to have a a lot of good players committed for next season already but hopefully someone in place soon, getting to important stage of the close season.

I don’t understand what a “coaching manager” is? I’d agree he’s clearly better suited to being on the training pitch than the dugout. My overriding memory is him crying about Alloa having no luck.

I may be deluded, biased or whatever but I think it’s a really good project for someone to take on and if a jobber like Peter Grant is even close to the level of candidate we are looking at, my excitement for next season is nil.

2 hours ago, The Saline Hill Puma said:

I sort of agree about Crawford but AJ when we got him was not a "could be worse" manager, he was a great manager to get at the time considering we were in league 1

Agree that AJ was ideal for L1 but he definitely had the “Well, we could do worse...” vibes in Championship.

Gill the goalkeeper is the one who i’ve heard.

Fair enough. I’d be surprised if he stayed here. He’s about 23 now (I think) and hasn’t had much game time at all. I also think we’ll look to strengthen the keeper department, which would suggest he’ll be away. Could be a decent signing for you if you get him, but it’s hard to know when we’ve never seen him have a real run of games.

I think Gill will be gone. We'll use OFW as backup (goalkeeper coach) and aim to bring a proper goalkeeper in for the first time in what seems like ages. Murdoch probably the last decent goalkeeper we had. 

14 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I think Gill will be gone. We'll use OFW as backup (goalkeeper coach) and aim to bring a proper goalkeeper in for the first time in what seems like ages. Murdoch probably the last decent goalkeeper we had. 

Proper goalkeeper 😄

Clearly you have forgotten about the "modern day goalkeeper"?

4 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

McBookie suspended betting on our market.

f**k sake, it's going to be Grant, isn't it?

A terrible appointment and hugely deflating. He might prove us all wrong mind, and that's certainly what I'll be hoping for, but it feels like a huge mistake here. 

Sigh.

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

If it is Grant, I'm totally willing to give him a chance. He's as worth a punt as anyone realistically available. I just hope whoever it is keeps a good level of communication with the fans.

Couldn't give a f**k if he never spoke to the fans if he had us winning every week. 

It's going to be Peter Grant, isn't it? Jesus wept.

In what planet is this man remotely qualified to manage a club chasing promotion to the Premiership? Because he played for "ra shellick" and "is a good coach with the boys" ?

A hugely disappointing appointment and he's going to have to have us playing well and challenging up the top straight from the off or EEP is going to continue to be a horrendous place to go to. He'll get hounded out if we continue to perform like we did that season there. 

I'll certainly give him a chance and support my team, but I just can't see us being any more than mid-table mediocre rubbish again. You'd have thought the board would appoint someone exciting and a bit different with these new guys in. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Has our relationship with Alloa influenced this? Very annoying. 

Was he not sacked by them at the finale of the season? This appointment has got serious Davie Hay vibes.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I don’t understand what a “coaching manager” is? I’d agree he’s clearly better suited to being on the training pitch than the dugout.

You get managers who will step away from the coaching and let their coaching staff take care of training sessions while managing from a distance and others who are very hands on in terms of the coaching.

Stevie Crawford seemed insistent on being head coach rather than manager at the start, different titles kind of defines style to effectively the same role.