Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He would quite clearly say no.

He felt he'd achieved all he could by taking Motherwell to 3rd.

Can Dunfermline achieve more than that?

I understand that but we have nothing to lose by asking him the question. Would certainly rather we looked daft for fishing out of our depth than just settling for some absolute jobber like Peter Grant or Ray McKinnon.

Guest Axle Grease
56 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I know it’s highly unrealistic but I’d still like us to contact Stephen Robinson and try and pitch him the job. 

Big up the impact of the German investors, funds potentially available if Nisbet is sold on, realistic chance of promotion and a fan base that’s just waiting to be sparked into life.

The worst he can say is no.

He'd potentially be a good fit for us. 

He had finished his time at Motherwell due to mental health issues, effectively burn out. But hopefully he's back in the game of life and healthy. 

Money is an obvious factor. The German consortium on the board demonstrated their commitment by putting up a considerable sum of money as equity. Although they'll put money in its always got to be sustainable and managed responsibly.  I don't see us splashing big bucks on a showcase manager to appease fans. Let's hope they get us a competent and experienced individual. 

5 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I understand that but we have nothing to lose by asking him the question. Would certainly rather we looked daft for fishing out of our depth than just settling for some absolute jobber like Peter Grant or Ray McKinnon.

Who says you haven't and hes just laughed at you down the phone, so nothing more has ever come out of it?

Proper Falkirk levels of delusion in that you expect a manager a level above your club to even entertain the offer at all and/or expect to be aware of every single manager your club approaches.

Just because you haven't heard about it, doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

Guest Axle Grease
4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Who says you haven't and hes just laughed at you down the phone, so nothing more has ever come out of it?

Proper Falkirk levels of delusion in that you expect a manager a level above your club to even entertain the offer at all and/or expect to be aware of every single manager your club approaches.

Away and park your Tractor for the night. 

FFS you just won the cup. Get yersel right tae f**k

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Thanks for your feedback, chief 👍🏼 I’d personally not give a flying f**k about Dunfermline or P&B if my team had just won both cups but you’re clearly a more avid football fan than me.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Think it's meh there are at least 10 managers that are fairly realistic that would be more terrifying than Grant.

In fact if he can bounce back after the past season I think he will be decent enough but I hope he's on a 1 year deal or a 2 with a promotion clause.

Peter Grant as a manager terrifies me as much as anyone on the McBookie list. Just got relegated, managerial record is dreadful. Take away the teams he’s been a coach at, when he’s been the manager it’s piss poor and not what we should be looking at to get out of the league. I had no faith that Craw would get us promoted this coming season, was sure that we were destined for another mediocre season but that doesn’t sound too bad now. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Surprised Robinson hasn’t been mentioned for the Dundee United job tbh.

I’ve resigned myself to the fact we will make a totally uninspiring appointment; Grant being the most likely.

There's always Ray .... Jungle Book Snake GIF

Some OTT responses to being linked with Peter Grant. His CV doesn't scream success but he's a coaching manager and I would be interested to see what he could do having players full time and not just a couple of nights a week. No-one realistic stands out over others for being either awful or overly successful, all a much of a muchness.

We're lucky to have a a lot of good players committed for next season already but hopefully someone in place soon, getting to important stage of the close season.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

7 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Waiting in anticipation for the anouncement of the latest in a long line of duff Dunfermline managers.

Mind you, we've had a few ourselves 🙄

You're a fanny. f**k off

10 hours ago, JFPar said:

Peter Grant as a manager terrifies me as much as anyone on the McBookie list

Fair enough if that's the case but the McBookie list has just about all the realistic level of managers.

Worth remembering whoever is brought in will now have a fairly experienced sporting director to work with which hopefully will prove fruitful.

13 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

That’s the thing; Crawford and AJ were both “could be worse” managers. I think most supporters are looking for someone that can lead us into a title challenge.

I sort of agree about Crawford but AJ when we got him was not a "could be worse" manager, he was a great manager to get at the time considering we were in league 1

Guest Axle Grease
1 hour ago, 101 said:

Fair enough if that's the case but the McBookie list has just about all the realistic level of managers.

Worth remembering whoever is brought in will now have a fairly experienced sporting director to work with which hopefully will prove fruitful.

😂