Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Anyone else watching the Kelty Hertz game? Kelty absolutely bossing it. Could be a sore evening for Brechin if Kelty get a goal fairly soon. 5 teams from Fife in the SPFL next season IMO.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

I'd say there's not much chance of this. He's a bank manager outside of football so will be on good money. He'd have to give that up to come to manage a FT time, where he isn't guaranteed a job long term. If anything you'd imagine he'd need to be on at least 1.2k p/w and 3 or 4 year deal to consider giving up that level of stability. 

Do you mean a branch bank manager? If so I know someone who does that and is on about the average UK salary, I think it would be job security rather than pay if that really is his job.

Also McInnnes was no way on £884k a year I might be tempted to believe he was on £17k a month including any bonuses.

Guest Axle Grease
3 hours ago, 101 said:

I would happily have Robinson however I think we have next to no chance of getting him. 

On the fence about McInnes it would obviously be a bit of a coup us landing him and I highly doubt he would be interested in joining us and his football style leaves a lot to be desired.

Yeah I agree but throw some names about and gets the place fired up. 

£17k a week at Aberdeen 😂😂😂😂

Interesting times. 

25 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Seen someone saying there main target would be Alex Neil. He’s another one in the Robinson and McInnes category. The not a hope in hell category. 

Haha, absolutely mental. How do folk become so detached from reality?

Guest Axle Grease
2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Who in the f**k is seriously suggesting McInnes?

Nae c*nt that I've seen, however I did mention him, along with Stevie Robinson. Plenty more speculation coming our way in the coming weeks.

Whoever we go with it can't be as big a gamble as it was with Crawford. Needs to be someone with more managerial experience. 

Guest Axle Grease
3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Anyone else watching the Kelty Hertz game? Kelty absolutely bossing it. Could be a sore evening for Brechin if Kelty get a goal fairly soon. 5 teams from Fife in the SPFL next season IMO.

Barry Ferguson, next Pars Manager. 

Mon the Hunfermline etc etc

Do you mean a branch bank manager? If so I know someone who does that and is on about the average UK salary, I think it would be job security rather than pay if that really is his job.

Think i saw somewhere he’s some sort of business account manager, not a branch manager. He’s the account manager for some large businesses.

Crawford is leaving with a lot of dignity, which is really nice to see. That interview is so open and honest, doesn’t make excuses but he’s not ignorant to where he could have done better.

The very best of luck to him.

39 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Think i saw somewhere he’s some sort of business account manager, not a branch manager. He’s the account manager for some large businesses.

That makes far more sense for his hesitance to leave as that will no doubt be a fair whack.

Mid-life crisis...

I don't know Stewart Petrie but if I was someone at his age and stage in life and someone asked me the question: "When you were younger, did you really want to be a successful bank manager?" The answer would not be "yes".

If he succeeds with Dunfermline like he has with Montrose, (and why wouldn't he?) then he can enjoy his success at Scottish football's highest level, on a very decent salary. Not only that, it would put him in the shop window if he ever felt like managing big, big time.

All this is of course a risk and it would depend on Petrie's type of personality whether he would take it. His target with Montrose was to make them the best team in Angus and that task remains unfinished. In the unpredictable world of football management, he could twist on this round and wait until the Pars job came round again because his stock is always going to be high at Dunfermline.

I think if he continues to succeed at Montrose and the opportunity comes again for him at the Pars then that might be the planetary / duck alignment necessary to lure him to East End Park. 

It could be now, it could be later, it could be never. As a Montrose fan, obviously I am hoping for the latter two options but am steeling myself for the first.

Edited by Brummo

8 hours ago, smpar said:

Crawford is leaving with a lot of dignity, which is really nice to see. That interview is so open and honest, doesn’t make excuses but he’s not ignorant to where he could have done better.

The very best of luck to him.

Crawford is probably best suited to being second banana. Not enough of the bar steward in him.