Parscelona

Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Stoo61 said:

Could we conceivably win the home game and then put 11 men behind the ball for the away leg and hope to scrape a draw?

Play all of the defenders. 

A tactic that has been famously successful for us this season...

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

A tactic that has been famously successful for us this season...

Nah but I mean really, like get aw the defenders we have on, like a back 7.

Comrie, Murray, Vytas, Watson, Mayo, Whittaker, Edwards. Get Wighton to hold onto the ball as long as possible. 

I sometimes wish I could do that in football games, just to f**k around a bit and see how it might work out.

1 hour ago, Stoo61 said:

Could we conceivably win the home game and then put 11 men behind the ball for the away leg and hope to scrape a draw?

Play all of the defenders. 

Honestly it’s our best plan.  Baracus might not like it but apart from 1 game we have generally kept things tight in away games.  Try and win on Tuesday by 2, and go 4-2-3–1 at starks with Wighton being largely isolated.  I’d much prefer that chasing the tie in the 2nd leg.  

We do need to try and grab a few goals on Tuesday tho.

We could get 11 players to build a human wall on the goal line. All our work in training would be how to not allow a space that could fit a football in it. 

Maybe give the players a diet plan. How to put on 2 stone in 3 days.

See this is what we need, clever football! 

22 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I've said before, I think it's because he learned a lot from JC and he just shits all over away games in most.

I think this is a fair shout. Horrendous tactics away from home. Surprised we've not ended up with the worst away record in the league tbh. 

One of the biggest marks against Crawford is how apathetic so many folk seem to be feeling about tonight's game.

Definitely be my first choice.

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

Definitely be my first choice.

I highly recommend Gary Locke, he suits your style

I think we should put the managers job out to an open advert tbh not just go and head hunt someone who, it has been reported many times, isn't looking for a full time gig.

40 minutes ago, 101 said:

I think we should put the managers job out to an open advert tbh not just go and head hunt someone who, it has been reported many times, isn't looking for a full time gig.

I think we should ask him (something might have changed) and if he says no then I agree the job should be put to an open advert.

20 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I think we should ask him (something might have changed) and if he says no then I agree the job should be put to an open advert.

I'm a bit nervous about how things look on the face of things take Hopkins as an example I would have been fairly happy to have him come in on the back of what he did at Livi but it's clear that his assistant was running the show in all but name and it's been a good long time since we had an open competition and that's nothing to say of our new investors European connections.

Also don't want another player to go down in the fans estimations albeit on paper Petrie is 10x the manager Stevie is.

Heading to a mates back garden pub, few of us watching the match. 

Best of luck to the team and have a good day folks. 

COYP

Also heading to a mate's for this. En route but beer not allowed on the train! Boooo! 

Talking of booing, I shall loudly and vociferously do so as the train passes Starks.

Bye Stevie.

He absolutely should be going. Worst away form in a generation and pumped out of the play-offs at the first attempt by a team we absolutely dwarf budget wise. He won’t go though. They’ll see this season as “progress” and he’ll get another season.