Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
12 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
Can't the same be said for other nations though?

Conference league, yes it does. Coefficient, like them or not, Celtic and in particular Rangers doing well in the Europa League recently - and with group games confirmed for the Scottish Cup winners - our coefficient has improved relative to other nations of similar size.

It has and we are in a quite good position, but getting into the top 7 nations(which is when we’d get 6 spots) will be a very difficult task,  and probably needs at least one other club to make goods progress on top of the old firm, or for both Celtic and Rangers to have a consistent run of good progress for the 5 years used.  

Everyone knows Crawford should go and I believe he will but its patently evident it wont be during this season. 

The season will run its course, we aren't going anywhere, its almost at the end.

Deep breaths.  Relax. It'll be over before you know it. 

2 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Everyone knows Crawford should go and I believe he will but its patently evident it wont be during this season. 

The season will run its course, we aren't going anywhere, its almost at the end.

Deep breaths.  Relax. It'll be over before you know it. 

A change now will make no difference as to which league we will be in next season.

He'll be gone at the end of the month (hopefully!) and then the search for a new manager can really begin. 

Myself and @Stellaboz did a wee Pars quiz earlier.

Did you know that our last win in the Scottish Cup came in November 2017 (1-4 vs Queens Park)?

Our last goal in the Scottish Cup came in the next game, scored in January 2018 by Declan McManus. Obviously it was against Morton and obviously we lost.

Myself and [mention=27442]Stellaboz[/mention] did a wee Pars quiz earlier.
Did you know that our last win in the Scottish Cup came in November 2017 (1-4 vs Queens Park)?
Our last goal in the Scottish Cup came in the next game, scored in January 2018 by Declan McManus. Obviously it was against Morton and obviously we lost.
No, I did not know!
[emoji38]

I can’t put up with another season of this absolute shite. Crawford has to be gone at the end of the season regardless if we somehow sleep-walk in to 4th. I fear if we do that they’ll see it as progress and keep him a la AJ in 2018.

Our aim was promotion at the start of the season. We have no wins in our last 11 away games. We have the fewest away wins in the league. Even bottom of the table Alloa have 2 away wins, we only have 1. And we just have 1 away game left. That just isn’t good enough at all. The only reason we’re in contention for playoffs is because of other teams being poor, not because we have done well. 19 points in our last 18 league games. Just over a point per game for 2/3rds of this shortened season.

No Dunfermline team will ever achieve promotion with Crawford’s negative tactics. We played against a struggling team today, scored in the 12th minute then defended for 78. The game was level for about 65 of those 78 minutes, but we still kept defending and even brought on an extra defender with our first sub. This comes after he decided to drop Wighton, who’s scored 4 in 6 games, because he was apparently so impressed with our attacking play in a 0-0 draw the week before. Pathetic.

2 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

This comes after he decided to drop Wighton,

Tbh Wighton literally has a week old bairn he might not be ready for 90 mins of football yet, I agree we should have seen him earlier or start and get taken off but there are other things Stevie has to consider I guess.

I genuinely think he gets it fromJC. Calderwood's away record was on the whole dismal, and I think he's a huge influence.

There’s a lot of things that Calderwood can be criticised for, but for me negative tactics can’t be one of them. We lost a lot of points/goals because of his commitment to trying to play attacking football - see the 2-4-4 experiments. Totally opposite issue to what we see with Crawford most weeks.

Woeful tactics and substitutions. Wighton not starting was a joke as well. He has been our best player probably since we went top of the league. The away form speaks for itself. An absolute shambles. 

49 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

There’s a lot of things that Calderwood can be criticised for, but for me negative tactics can’t be one of them. We lost a lot of points/goals because of his commitment to trying to play attacking football - see the 2-4-4 experiments. Totally opposite issue to what we see with Crawford most weeks.

Nah, we were often honking in away games under Calderwood when he decided to be defensive. I can think of loads of examples (4-1 away to Partick, 7-1 away to Hearts). It was all the more infuriating when we put in good away performances though.

Some folk around various other message boards thinking that it fine that we still have a chance of the play-offs and performing like this.

I'm going to be brutally honest here and state that I hope we don't shitfest our way into a play-off. I want Crawford out before a play-off place. This horrible, gutless football will never change until he's gone.

Nah, we were often honking in away games under Calderwood when he decided to be defensive. I can think of loads of examples (4-1 away to Partick, 7-1 away to Hearts). It was all the more infuriating when we put in good away performances though.

I thought the 7-1 Hearts game we went 2-4-4 very early on, which is why it was such a heavy defeat (and could/should have been heavier). As I say, that’s an example of going too attacking, which is the opposite of what we tend to see from Crawford. Sure we brought on Bullen and another striker after about 25 minutes. Could be wrong though.