Parscelona

Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

AJ and SC are both totally competent at this level but fans and Directors alike become frustrated and really 3 years is no time at all in the overall scheme of things. You would have been better off keeping them

No, we wouldn't have. 

AJ stays scenario,

We go down,   We are involved in the COVID shortened season,  I think we would have been slow starters and don’t think it would have  had enough PPG to better rovers,  We are currently in a similar position to Partick with a very angry fan base.  German investment doesn’t happen.  We haven’t signed Nisbet and get the sell on fee which looks like it will be very sexy.

That really doesn’t sound fun. 

AJ stays scenario,
We go down,   We are involved in the COVID shortened season,  I think we would have been slow starters and don’t think it would have  had enough PPG to better rovers,  We are currently in a similar position to Partick with a very angry fan base.  German investment doesn’t happen.  We haven’t signed Nisbet and get the sell on fee which looks like it will be very sexy.
That really doesn’t sound fun. 

I hear what you’re saying but there is no way that you were finishing behind that Falkirk team in the Championship two seasons ago.

43 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I hear what you’re saying but there is no way that you were finishing behind that Falkirk team in the Championship two seasons ago.

We finished 3 points above them(and yourselves in 9th). That doesn’t leave much room for the AJ failure to have carried on much longer.

5 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

usually you have a team or teams in the league like Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United who shouldn’t really be there in the first place

Yes they should be there. They were shite enough to get relegated so absolutely deserved to be there and belonged there.

Why shouldn't they be there? A bizarre comment.

I didn’t say that they didn’t deserve to be there - of course they did. What I meant was that when we see clubs of this size dropping down into Champ league it means that for promotion seeking teams it effectively makes the no 1 automatic promotion spot out of reach. Teams like Hearts and Hibs don’t need to be that good to win our league as Hearts are proving this year.

The only saving grace is the play off system. While we all acknowledge that it is tough for a Champ team to go up via an arduous series of double headers, without play offs the top end of our league would be a complete non event this year as it was last with a pretty mediocre Dundee United walking the title.

Let’s lighten the mood after stopping the rot a bit today.

IMG_6324.jpg

Big Vytas was solid today, composed on the ball and barely lost a header all day. Promising.

3 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
26 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:
Cult hero in the making. 

Someone should write a poem.

Correct

Much improved performance today and we really should have won. Hearts will win the league and, over our 3 meetings, we have matched them (1 win each, 1 draw, 2 goals for each side).

However, let's not lose sight that Crawford needs to be replaced. He cannot be manager next season. His shitebaggery in the second half probably cost us 3 points.

Edited by DA Baracus

Cannot believe how bad we dropped off in the 2nd half given how much pressure we were putting Hearts under. I’m still raging at how we set up like that against the league-leaders with a clear structure and game plan yet walked in to the game against Raith completely out of touch.

Crawford 100% is needing binned, of course, and picking up points like that are just papering over the cracks. It’s only a good point if you are beating teams around you, which we are not. Coupled with the fact our away form is the second worst in the league (only picked one point more than Alloa, who are marooned at the bottom) it makes for very poor reading indeed. There is literally no way Crawford can be in charge at the end of the season.

Barely scraping a play-off place, finishing 4th and getting horsed out the play-offs isn’t an achievement. Look at AJ for example. It’s an achievement if you are a team miles behind clubs like ourselves and Dundee in terms of finances. It’s a travesty that we are struggling for a play-off place yet Raith are pulling away and look handsome for a 2nd place finish. Bit of a joke in all honesty.

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Cannot believe how bad we dropped off in the 2nd half given how much pressure we were putting Hearts under. I’m still raging at how we set up like that against the league-leaders with a clear structure and game plan yet walked in to the game against Raith completely out of touch.

Crawford 100% is needing binned, of course, and picking up points like that are just papering over the cracks. It’s only a good point if you are beating teams around you, which we are not. Coupled with the fact our away form is the second worst in the league (only picked one point more than Alloa, who are marooned at the bottom) it makes for very poor reading indeed. There is literally no way Crawford can be in charge at the end of the season.

Barely scraping a play-off place, finishing 4th and getting horsed out the play-offs isn’t an achievement. Look at AJ for example. It’s an achievement if you are a team miles behind clubs like ourselves and Dundee in terms of finances. It’s a travesty that we are struggling for a play-off place yet Raith are pulling away and look handsome for a 2nd place finish. Bit of a joke in all honesty.

Really?

As ever, sanctimonious entitlement shite!

Edited by embow

Really?
As ever, sanctimonious entitlement shite!

It isn’t entitlement. It’s sheer failure. If you have one of the biggest budgets in the league, and fall behind a good few teams with inferior budgets, it’s a disgrace. We finished below Arbroath last season for Christ sake.

We don’t “deserve” to be in the Premiership just because we have a bigger fan base than quite a few teams in the Premiership, by the way. We need to earn it. But falling behind teams season after season with inferior budgets is not acceptable for this football club.

I imagine next season we’ll have one of the biggest budgets in the league again. Depending who is in the league, we could even have the biggest, given the investors have a bigger stake in the club by then. I don’t know for sure, that’s just speculation but we should be financially in a very good place to make a proper title challenge. We need to bin Crawford for that as a starter, however. We are going nowhere with him in charge. Mid-table pish season after season.

53 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

It isn’t entitlement. It’s sheer failure. If you have one of the biggest budgets in the league, and fall behind a good few teams with inferior budgets, it’s a disgrace. We finished below Arbroath last season for Christ sake.

We don’t “deserve” to be in the Premiership just because we have a bigger fan base than quite a few teams in the Premiership, by the way. We need to earn it. But falling behind teams season after season with inferior budgets is not acceptable for this football club.

I imagine next season we’ll have one of the biggest budgets in the league again. Depending who is in the league, we could even have the biggest, given the investors have a bigger stake in the club by then. I don’t know for sure, that’s just speculation but we should be financially in a very good place to make a proper title challenge. We need to bin Crawford for that as a starter, however. We are going nowhere with him in charge. Mid-table pish season after season.

I can’t see us have the biggest budget in the league next year.  That would require hearts and Dundee going up,  which means a least one of county or killie coming down.  Both sides with parachute money and in county’s case MacGregor millions.  we’d be outspent by both, tho granted not to the same extent as hearts.

17 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I can’t see us have the biggest budget in the league next year.  That would require hearts and Dundee going up,  which means a least one of county or killie coming down.  Both sides with parachute money and in county’s case MacGregor millions.  we’d be outspent by both, tho granted not to the same extent as hearts.

He said, one of the biggest.