Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Much improved performance today and we really should have won. Hearts will win the league and, over our 3 meetings, we have matched them (1 win each, 1 draw, 2 goals for each side).

However, let's not lose sight that Crawford needs to be replaced. He cannot be manager next season. His shitebaggery in the second half probably cost us 3 points.

Edited by DA Baracus

Cannot believe how bad we dropped off in the 2nd half given how much pressure we were putting Hearts under. I’m still raging at how we set up like that against the league-leaders with a clear structure and game plan yet walked in to the game against Raith completely out of touch.

Crawford 100% is needing binned, of course, and picking up points like that are just papering over the cracks. It’s only a good point if you are beating teams around you, which we are not. Coupled with the fact our away form is the second worst in the league (only picked one point more than Alloa, who are marooned at the bottom) it makes for very poor reading indeed. There is literally no way Crawford can be in charge at the end of the season.

Barely scraping a play-off place, finishing 4th and getting horsed out the play-offs isn’t an achievement. Look at AJ for example. It’s an achievement if you are a team miles behind clubs like ourselves and Dundee in terms of finances. It’s a travesty that we are struggling for a play-off place yet Raith are pulling away and look handsome for a 2nd place finish. Bit of a joke in all honesty.

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Cannot believe how bad we dropped off in the 2nd half given how much pressure we were putting Hearts under. I’m still raging at how we set up like that against the league-leaders with a clear structure and game plan yet walked in to the game against Raith completely out of touch.

Crawford 100% is needing binned, of course, and picking up points like that are just papering over the cracks. It’s only a good point if you are beating teams around you, which we are not. Coupled with the fact our away form is the second worst in the league (only picked one point more than Alloa, who are marooned at the bottom) it makes for very poor reading indeed. There is literally no way Crawford can be in charge at the end of the season.

Barely scraping a play-off place, finishing 4th and getting horsed out the play-offs isn’t an achievement. Look at AJ for example. It’s an achievement if you are a team miles behind clubs like ourselves and Dundee in terms of finances. It’s a travesty that we are struggling for a play-off place yet Raith are pulling away and look handsome for a 2nd place finish. Bit of a joke in all honesty.

Really?

As ever, sanctimonious entitlement shite!

Edited by embow

Really?
As ever, sanctimonious entitlement shite!

It isn’t entitlement. It’s sheer failure. If you have one of the biggest budgets in the league, and fall behind a good few teams with inferior budgets, it’s a disgrace. We finished below Arbroath last season for Christ sake.

We don’t “deserve” to be in the Premiership just because we have a bigger fan base than quite a few teams in the Premiership, by the way. We need to earn it. But falling behind teams season after season with inferior budgets is not acceptable for this football club.

I imagine next season we’ll have one of the biggest budgets in the league again. Depending who is in the league, we could even have the biggest, given the investors have a bigger stake in the club by then. I don’t know for sure, that’s just speculation but we should be financially in a very good place to make a proper title challenge. We need to bin Crawford for that as a starter, however. We are going nowhere with him in charge. Mid-table pish season after season.

53 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

It isn’t entitlement. It’s sheer failure. If you have one of the biggest budgets in the league, and fall behind a good few teams with inferior budgets, it’s a disgrace. We finished below Arbroath last season for Christ sake.

We don’t “deserve” to be in the Premiership just because we have a bigger fan base than quite a few teams in the Premiership, by the way. We need to earn it. But falling behind teams season after season with inferior budgets is not acceptable for this football club.

I imagine next season we’ll have one of the biggest budgets in the league again. Depending who is in the league, we could even have the biggest, given the investors have a bigger stake in the club by then. I don’t know for sure, that’s just speculation but we should be financially in a very good place to make a proper title challenge. We need to bin Crawford for that as a starter, however. We are going nowhere with him in charge. Mid-table pish season after season.

I can’t see us have the biggest budget in the league next year.  That would require hearts and Dundee going up,  which means a least one of county or killie coming down.  Both sides with parachute money and in county’s case MacGregor millions.  we’d be outspent by both, tho granted not to the same extent as hearts.

Guest Axle Grease
17 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I can’t see us have the biggest budget in the league next year.  That would require hearts and Dundee going up,  which means a least one of county or killie coming down.  Both sides with parachute money and in county’s case MacGregor millions.  we’d be outspent by both, tho granted not to the same extent as hearts.

He said, one of the biggest. 

I only logged in for the last 30 mins on Saturday. I'm guessing the first half was a hell of a lot better, because I can't see how that was a much improved performance against a Hearts team that's downed tools.

We were just lumping the ball up to the forwards from what I could see and sitting too deep. This is the only way we tend to pick up points.  It's just looked like the same series of shite I've watched all season.

Get this management team out asap.

If you can't be bothered to watch a full game before commenting, I can't be bothered discussing how unlucky we were in that game.

I only logged in for the last 30 mins on Saturday. I'm guessing the first half was a hell of a lot better, because I can't see how that was a much improved performance against a Hearts team that's downed tools.
We were just lumping the ball up to the forwards from what I could see and sitting too deep. This is the only way we tend to pick up points.  It's just looked like the same series of shite I've watched all season.
Get this management team out asap.

2 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

If you can't be bothered to watch a full game before commenting, I can't be bothered discussing how unlucky we were in that game.

Don't really care about your happy clappy pish anyway

We were decent in the first half. We created numerous chances and should have scored. The chances were from some nice passing moves too. Hearts were almost totally contained and barely had a shot at goal.

Second half it looked like we were going to do the same but then after we hit the bar we totally sat back and got deeper and deeper and were resorting to more punts. This let Hearts in to the game and allowed them to control it. We became so passive. I know Hearts were themselves trying to get forward more, but we pretty much allowed them to do so.

Frustrating and not the first time.

Saturday was as good as we've been since at least the Rovers 4-1 game, possibly since the other Hearts game at home. If we play like that in the rest of the games then we'll make the play offs. A massive "if" though.

All counts for nothing if we dont take 3 points at Somerset and our away form this season, as we all know, is pathetic.

That's a pretty fair assessment, by someone who is obviously a real fan...not a part timer like messr chubbs

We were decent in the first half. We created numerous chances and should have scored. The chances were from some nice passing moves too. Hearts were almost totally contained and barely had a shot at goal.
Second half it looked like we were going to do the same but then after we hit the bar we totally sat back and got deeper and deeper and were resorting to more punts. This let Hearts in to the game and allowed them to control it. We became so passive. I know Hearts were themselves trying to get forward more, but we pretty much allowed them to do so.
Frustrating and not the first time.

11 hours ago, Axle Grease said:

He said, one of the biggest. 

I was commenting on the ‘perhaps this biggest’ part.  I thought that would be pretty clear.

IMO we have the 3rd biggest budget this year and that will likely be the same scenario next year,  we’ll be closest to the biggest spenders next year tho.

24 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Happy clappy? No, just a bit more grounded than your reactive nonsense - when you admit to not even watching half of it.

#Crawfordin, since it it'll pass you off.

Not reactive.The last 30 minutes were far from impressive, so it's another game when we can't play well for much more than one half.  That's the best we can hope for these days.

Seen more than enough of Crawford's team to come to a conclusion. The team is boring to watch and has been pretty much since he arrived as manager.

His lack of management ability is wasting good budgets. If you are quite happy backing a manager that offers nothing but mid-table finishes and dull football, then crack on. I believe Pars can do much better than that.