Parscelona

Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I thought Raith Rovers were excellent.

Dunfermline all over the place, manager clutching at straws, but it was the best performance we've seen in opposition this season.

Loanees have long been an irritation of mine. Over reliant to the extreme this season. 5 out of 11 (6 really but I'll discount Wighton). They can help plug gaps throughout the season but if a team is starting games with a midfield completely compiled of loanees I reckon that's a strong indicator of poor management.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

If this is dragged out to the end of the season I for one will not have anything to do with Dunfermline until this board are gone. Twice they’ve made a complete c**t of things and left it far to late to rectify. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Love the shouts that go about.

Stephen Robinson is my favourite just now. Left Motherwell saying he had become disillusioned at 3rd in the top flight/cup runs being all the success he can manage, yet he's somehow about to rock up at a mid table Championship side.

This. As much as it would please me to have Stephen Robinson at Dunfermline it's not going to happen. Nearly spat my tea out when I realised he had his own thread on dotnet this morning.

48 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I thought Raith Rovers were excellent.

Dunfermline all over the place, manager clutching at straws, but it was the best performance we've seen in opposition this season.

Loanees have long been an irritation of mine. Over reliant to the extreme this season. 5 out of 11 (6 really but I'll discount Wighton). They can help plug gaps throughout the season but if a team is starting games with a midfield completely compiled of loanees I reckon that's a strong indicator of poor management.

I realise that if we were running away with 2nd place and playing well then I would probably feel different but totally agree with the loanees. WAY too many young lads who are going back to bigger clubs and with the season over I'm not sure they are bothered where The Pars end up. 

But....if Crawford was a good man manager and tactically astute those young lads would be enjoying their football and the team would be scrapping for each other. So...aye the buck stops with the Craw. 

Also, our captain is jumping ship at the end of the season....I don't like that aesthetic. 

How many players are out of contract at the end of the season, and which ones?

The new manager will have some job fixing the squad over the summer. 

Euan Murray lost the plot last night. He's off of course and a few of them don't give a f*ck about the club. They'd be getting pelters from the NW if fans were there. 

Crawford rightly getting it tight, but some of those players, in my eyes, couldn't give a f*ck about playing for the Pars. 

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

How many players are out of contract at the end of the season, and which ones?

The new manager will have some job fixing the squad over the summer. 

Comrie, Watson, Gaspuitas, MacDonald, Dow, Thomas, Wilson, O'Hara, Wighton, McManus I believe are all under contract for next season. Can't find any info on the younger lads including Gill, McCann and McGill.

I think it is a solid enough spine to have off the bat, but whoever the man coming in is has got a task on his hands to build our club back up. Hopefully with the investors having more influence next season (I believe they have a 51% stake from next season?) we can pull off a couple of marquee signings with a manager that has some decent pedigree at the helm.

3 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

OFW has got another year too.......

You'd hope we would get someone else in and OFW would be backup and coach.

You would hope...

Of that list of signed up players.....I'm pretty much happy with that. Good management of that lot and as has been said, its a good spine. Add a keeper with hands made of human flesh and bone...we have decent foundations. 

I think maybe 2 loanees if they bring something we cant afford outright. MAYBE 3 for cover. 

Oh ffs I thought he was only on a year deal?

Hopefully he packs it in and takes a back seat because he is hopeless. 

OFW comes across as a top guy but from what I’ve seen this season he’s certainly got a blunder in him. I was actually a bit annoyed at the praise he got for his “strong wrists” and calmness by Michael Stewart on Saturday night because it’s been far from that this season. There’s certainly been a handful of shots where they could have been saved that have either snuck in past him or parried back into a dangerous position. Like mentioned above i’d like to see him coach and be a backup for another keeper.

2 minutes ago, JFPar said:

OFW comes across as a top guy but from what I’ve seen this season he’s certainly got a blunder in him. I was actually a bit annoyed at the praise he got for his “strong wrists” and calmness by Michael Stewart on Saturday night because it’s been far from that this season. There’s certainly been a handful of shots where they could have been saved that have either snuck in past him or parried back into a dangerous position. Like mentioned above i’d like to see him coach and be a backup for another keeper.

Aye, I wish he was less of an absolutely lovely bloke.

When he was doing his wee dance in the box struggling to pick up the ball it was kinda heartbreaking. 

2 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

When he was doing his wee dance in the box struggling to pick up the ball it was kinda heartbreaking. 

I was sure he was going to toe punt it into the net 

6 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

I thought he'd glitched. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Comrie, Watson, Gaspuitas, MacDonald, Dow, Thomas, Wilson, O'Hara, Wighton, McManus I believe are all under contract for next season. Can't find any info on the younger lads including Gill, McCann and McGill.

pretty sure Gill and McGill are both out of contract at the end of the season. 

Aberdeen was the supposed interested party.