Jump to content
Parscelona

Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Recommended Posts

I can’t work out if it’s watching on a stream rather than being at the games, but I actually find our games really really boring. I find myself losing interest in the games and almost just having it on in the background. I just can’t seem to get as ‘invested’ in the games as I usually do.

Obviously the style of play/tactics we play doesn’t help, but the whole closed doors/watching on streams experience is just awful and I can’t wait for us to be back inside stadiums again.
I've been watching via stream for 3 years and no, I don't believe it's that. When it's a good game, it's easy to stay invested. It's Dunfermline after all. The problem is that this season most of the games are boring as fck. I'm normally watching it along with playing something at the same time (NOT a euph)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the tide is really turning against Crawford amongst the fans now.

I'm seeing less and less support for him and more people shifting to "he needs to go".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
34 minutes ago, CallumPar said:
I can’t work out if it’s watching on a stream rather than being at the games, but I actually find our games really really boring. I find myself losing interest in the games and almost just having it on in the background. I just can’t seem to get as ‘invested’ in the games as I usually do.

Obviously the style of play/tactics we play doesn’t help, but the whole closed doors/watching on streams experience is just awful and I can’t wait for us to be back inside stadiums again.

I've been watching via stream for 3 years and no, I don't believe it's that. When it's a good game, it's easy to stay invested. It's Dunfermline after all. The problem is that this season most of the games are boring as fck. I'm normally watching it along with playing something at the same time (NOT a euph)

I've been watching on streams for close to 6 years and this year has been worse, not sure if it's the lack of fans but the games aren't fun at the moment, I've missed a few recently, including today's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s honking tactics. We are happy to draw 0-0 and hopefully sneak a 1-0
We have the players to attack teams but have no intention of doing so.
Wighton was dropping so deep we basically had nobody up from at home to Inverness, nowhere near good enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I think the tide is really turning against Crawford amongst the fans now.

I'm seeing less and less support for him and more people shifting to "he needs to go".

I have always said that it's the play-offs or out for Crawford.  It's a position that's hard to argue.

For me now though, it's still not enough. I can't stand this eye gouging, cowardly defensive  football anymore. 

I think back to the wonderful days of Bert Paton and this shit brings a tear to my eye. I grew up on hard tackling and high tempo attacking football. This crap is like a different sport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we are successful then I couldn’t give a f**k about style.  

Moaning about results or league position is fair enough.  Crawford has a job to do in that regard and if he fails at that he should be sacked.  But if we’re successful then how it’s done doesn’t matter in the slightest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the start of the season, I assume Crawford's remit would be get us to finish in a playoff position. As shit as the football has been, his remit could be achieved meaning I'd imagine he would stay at the helm.

The football's honking, it's hardly Jefferies/Potter 7th placed finish in L1 honking, but it's not pleasant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I have always said that it's the play-offs or out for Crawford.  It's a position that's hard to argue.

For me now though, it's still not enough. I can't stand this eye gouging, cowardly defensive  football anymore. 

I think back to the wonderful days of Bert Paton and this shit brings a tear to my eye. I grew up on hard tackling and high tempo attacking football. This crap is like a different sport.

Even going back to McIntyre in the First Division we played entertaining stuff.

Shit, under AJ we sometimes played more entertaining stuff.

I don't get Crawford. He is fantastic at putting a team together and makes such good signings, but then utterly squanders them. He signs good attacking options but apparently has little intention of using said attacking abilities.

His caution first approach is so dispiriting. It seems to drain the confidence of the players, and you can't blame them, as the caution first approach basically says he doesn't trust them to take the game to teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Said it months ago and the point still stands, how can we have a team with Thomas, Dow, McManus, O’Hara, Murray and now Banks and Wighton but never look like scoring? Has to be down to Crawford.

Also now more than ever with not actually going to matches and people having to piss about with streams this boring play is making it so easy for fans just to not bother and that’s our only income stream just now so if the board sleep walk us into another stagnation it could have massive consequences. I personally think he needs binned now before it reaches that point and tarnishes his history with the club which would be a real shame. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If we are successful then I couldn’t give a f**k about style.  

Moaning about results or league position is fair enough.  Crawford has a job to do in that regard and if he fails at that he should be sacked.  But if we’re successful then how it’s done doesn’t matter in the slightest.
I watch football to be entertained.

If you turn up/tune in/stream down for shitfests and only concern is the result then soon you'll be watching shitfests without the result, alone, as there'll be no one else left to pay the wages.

Most of the first half today and patches of second were open and entertaining enough, but there seemed a lack of urgency and directness when we went behind.

It was no where near as bad as some games have been this season.

My biggest bugbear is that if we were more adventurous I think we have the players to entertain and cause problems for any opposition in this league, the over cautious approach is boring and can lead to results like todays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

I watch football to be entertained.

If you turn up/tune in/stream down for shitfests and only concern is the result then soon you'll be watching shitfests without the result, alone, as there'll be no one else left to pay the wages.

Most of the first half today and patches of second were open and entertaining enough, but there seemed a lack of urgency and directness when we went behind.

It was no where near as bad as some games have been this season.

My biggest bugbear is that if we were more adventurous I think we have the players to entertain and cause problems for any opposition in this league, the over cautious approach is boring and can lead to results like todays.

There's simply no need to be cautious in this league.

We shat it against Dundee and went 3 down. We were then forced to attack and scored 3.

We attacked at Tynecastle and should have been ahead before we conceded. We attacked them at East End and won.

We shat it against Raith away and went 2 down. We were then forced to attack and scored 2. When we attacked them second half at East End we pumped them.

Teams in this league are overly cautious. Attacking them will, most of the time, get you results.

Hearts are stuttering to the title, but they have been lucky, as if some teams were more attacking they would be challenging for the titlem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Said a wee while ago after a midweek round when Caley lost that it was a good result for us and someone queried why would we be worried about Inverness? Well they are now only 3 points behind us (as are Queen of the South btw) and in the form we're in those 2 games in hand will count for bugger all. We could be as low as 6th in a couple of weeks time... Crawford needs to get the finger out pronto or we're going to end up outside the top 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dundee, Raith , Hearts next.

No hiding place after those games.

Craw really needed a result going into those fixtures today.

Massive pressure on him now to get results against the better teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't get too bothered about the middle one of these three. We're as bad if not worse than you in our current inability to score (today's goal came as a major shock to most of us) or indeed doing anything of note in the final third. It defies all logic as to how we're in second place after the recent run of firing blanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, embow said:

I wouldn't get too bothered about the middle one of these three. We're as bad if not worse than you in our current inability to score (today's goal came as a major shock to most of us) or indeed doing anything of note in the final third. It defies all logic as to how we're in second place after the recent run of firing blanks.

We could say the same!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've already resigned myself to the fact that we're not making the play offs this season.

If somehow we stumble into them, it'll be a bonus. We need someone in charge who is able to get more out of this team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What has Crawford actually done to deserve the Pars job? I can remember him being an underwhelming East Fife manager, and being assistant at Hearts, and that's it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

What has Crawford actually done to deserve the Pars job? I can remember him being an underwhelming East Fife manager, and being assistant at Hearts, and that's it. 

He was here, and the club spent the budget for the season when AJ was sacked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not showing enough creativity and directness going forward. Lobbing high balls ffs

Use width, hit from distance more, make more direct runs, build from the back, things that we did early season.

I can't understand or pinpoint where the apparent lack of confidence came in, but the longer this goes on our chances lessen. Luckily enough it's a shite league with average teams. 

I have stood by Crawford, and for now will continue to do so, but if we continue to let ourselves down then he can look for another job for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...