Parscelona

Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Dropping in here to mention, while you're giving away good players, we'd not mind O'Hara back for a stint instead of rotting on the bench.

3 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Dropping in here to mention, while you're giving away good players, we'd not mind O'Hara back for a stint instead of rotting on the bench.

Mark Wahlberg Reaction GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Crawford has clearly had words with him and it hasn’t went well. Still bizarre to see, though.

You’d imagine Euan Murray will be in the same boat, being out of contract as well. Something’s been said or done with Turner to cause this.

Would have preferred it to be O’Hara as he is a waste of a jersey.

Turner on loan to league one is only behind the Vaughan transfer as the weirdest I’ve ever seen in this division. 

Bit of context is that Airdrie are allowing us to keep Kyle Macdonald and hes clearly going to play more of a part with us next season than Turner will. Bit of forward planning. Still an odd situation.

It is nowhere near the same (hilarious) situation of Rovers loaning Vaughan directly to a relegation rival.

The way I see it is that we've said to Airdrie that we'd actually like to keep MacDonald but they've asked for someone else as a gesture of goodwill. I think this confirms that there's been something happened behind the scenes as you just don't loan out a guy like Turner with no reason. 

There has to be more behind this than has been revealed. On the face of it it is a "you cant be serious" moment. Turner is our best ( only) attacking central midfielder.  

18 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

The way I see it is that we've said to Airdrie that we'd actually like to keep MacDonald but they've asked for someone else as a gesture of goodwill. I think this confirms that there's been something happened behind the scenes as you just don't loan out a guy like Turner with no reason. 

Then we should have sent them McCann, Todd or O'Hara.

I must be in the minority but I just don't get the fuss around Turner. Apart from a few games in the early part of this season, he's been pretty much anonymous. He is clearly destined for a move in the summer but so is Murray. Murray plays nearly every week, Turner is loaned to Airdrie. Obviously there's been words said & the player doesn't like what's been said.

As usual, once dropped he transforms into Rivelhino in the eyes of some.

44 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Turner on loan to league one is only behind the Vaughan transfer as the weirdest I’ve ever seen in this division. 

Bollocks. It's not even close to being anything like that utter madness.

Just now, da_no_1 said:

I must be in the minority but I just don't get the fuss around Turner. Apart from a few games in the early part of this season, he's been pretty much anonymous. He is clearly destined for a move in the summer but so is Murray. Murray plays nearly every week, Turner is loaned to Airdrie. Obviously there's been words said & the player doesn't like what's been said.

Have taken the liberty to post this on "awful football takes"

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Then we should have sent them McCann, Todd or O'Hara.

Maybe, but if he's unhappy and it's causing unrest for the rest of the team it could be a no brainer. Pure speculation mind. 

4 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Bollocks. It's not even close to being anything like that utter madness.

Did I say it was?

I said it was behind that...

7 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Or we could just as easily say that as usual, once a player leaves he overrated and rubbish etc.

Am I the only one to see why this is possibly a good decision, we need to keep their loanee defender. Turner needs rehabilitation and match fitness following his injury win/win. Proves himself at Airdrie gets a decent contract renewal. Pretty simple, or am I missing something?