Walking Down The Halbeath Road

The way I see it is that we've said to Airdrie that we'd actually like to keep MacDonald but they've asked for someone else as a gesture of goodwill. I think this confirms that there's been something happened behind the scenes as you just don't loan out a guy like Turner with no reason. 

18 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

The way I see it is that we've said to Airdrie that we'd actually like to keep MacDonald but they've asked for someone else as a gesture of goodwill. I think this confirms that there's been something happened behind the scenes as you just don't loan out a guy like Turner with no reason. 

Then we should have sent them McCann, Todd or O'Hara.

I must be in the minority but I just don't get the fuss around Turner. Apart from a few games in the early part of this season, he's been pretty much anonymous. He is clearly destined for a move in the summer but so is Murray. Murray plays nearly every week, Turner is loaned to Airdrie. Obviously there's been words said & the player doesn't like what's been said.

As usual, once dropped he transforms into Rivelhino in the eyes of some.

44 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Turner on loan to league one is only behind the Vaughan transfer as the weirdest I’ve ever seen in this division. 

Bollocks. It's not even close to being anything like that utter madness.

Just now, da_no_1 said:

I must be in the minority but I just don't get the fuss around Turner. Apart from a few games in the early part of this season, he's been pretty much anonymous. He is clearly destined for a move in the summer but so is Murray. Murray plays nearly every week, Turner is loaned to Airdrie. Obviously there's been words said & the player doesn't like what's been said.

Have taken the liberty to post this on "awful football takes"

7 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Or we could just as easily say that as usual, once a player leaves he overrated and rubbish etc.

Just now, Black and White Tragic said:

Am I the only one to see why this is possibly a good decision, we need to keep their loanee defender. Turner needs rehabilitation and match fitness following his injury win/win. Proves himself at Airdrie gets a decent contract renewal. Pretty simple, or am I missing something?

A very optimistic view of things regarding Turner I'd say.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Just signed for Airdrie on loan as well which is a weird one. Would’ve thought he’d be someone moving up the way come summer.

Been rumours for months Hearts have offered him a deal. We've been linked by some fans for years too.

He'll definitely be moving up from Dunfermline this Summer, guess someone at the club has thrown a wee huff about it.

Been rumours for months Hearts have offered him a deal. We've been linked by some fans for years too.
He'll definitely be moving up from Dunfermline this Summer, guess someone at the club has thrown a wee huff about it.
Aye, him.

12 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Aye, him.

Hard to know what's true and what's not, but apparently a few clubs tried to sign him in January for next to nothing and got rejected.

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hard to know what's true and what's not, but apparently a few clubs tried to sign him in January for next to nothing and got rejected.

Without having any insider knowledge at all... 

I reckon clubs have approached him in the January window offering a decent payrise plus a move up in a level, obviously Turner would've been very, very, very keen for this, we have rejected it reckoning we'd be better keeping him for a few months, Turner wasn't happy, to what extent he's then taken that unhappiness has then ensured Crawford doesn't want him around the squad. 

He'll be away in the summer. 

You can see why we’ve worked with airdrie to come to a deal so we can keep MacDonald.  That seems a rational thing to do given our defensive injuries recently.

However Turner going is clearly down to something off-field.  It can’t be as simple as him refusing to sign a renewal,  that’s something that happens all the time, and something our captain also has done apparently, there must be more too it than that.  

Had there not been something happening off-field then players like McCann or Todd and o’hara would have went instead,  possibly even 2 of them.