Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Edwards is the only one likely to come back any time soon is he not? Martin and Dow long term doubts as far as I know

And mayos suspension will be up hopefully.

I think we need Edwards back next week,  as MacDonald is due to go back to airdrie,  unless we come to an agreement with them to cancel the loan back part of his transfer.

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I think we need Edwards back next week,  as MacDonald is due to go back to airdrie,  unless we come to an agreement with them to cancel the loan back part of his transfer.

Aye the Macdonald deal definitely had him going back to Airdrie for the remainder of the season, so we need Edwards back, or we'll have to do play someone like Whittaker there.

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Yeh good point I had forgotten about that, considering we let Fenton go to East Fife we must be fairly confident that Edwards and maybe even Martin will be match fit soon enough.

If Fenton was to get decent amount of game time at East Fife and be capable then I'm not sure I would keep Martin on

20 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye the Macdonald deal definitely had him going back to Airdrie for the remainder of the season, so we need Edwards back, or we'll have to do play someone like Whittaker there.

Mayo/the giant at center back and Murray at left back is another option, but Edwards slotting straight back in is far simpler.

15 minutes ago, 101 said:

Yeh good point I had forgotten about that, considering we let Fenton go to East Fife we must be fairly confident that Edwards and maybe even Martin will be match fit soon enough.

If Fenton was to get decent amount of game time at East Fife and be capable then I'm not sure I would keep Martin on

I know martin’s injuries can be frustrating,  but he’s an excellent player, anything close to fitness come the season end should see him stay.

I think you need to remember the intense schedule coming up for league 1/2 sides.  There is certainly a push from them to boost their squad sizes ahead of the restart.  

Not disagreeing particularly,  but don’t be surprised if he doesn’t end up playing that much.

8 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Big hopes around Miller Fenton from what I've heard. The fact that a good league 1 team have taken him on loan at his young age shows what other managers like Darren Young think of him.

Hope he does well.

10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Martin is the best full back in the league when fully fit, Comrie excepted

Sad to see him lose two out of the last three seasons with injury. Longest serving player and somebody with the potential to play Premiership football IMO. Can play anywhere across the back line but left back is his best position despite being right footed.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Big hopes around Miller Fenton from what I've heard. The fact that a good league 1 team have taken him on loan at his young age shows what other managers like Darren Young think of him.

Young is as thick as they come so I wouldn't read too much into his actions. 

Jordan Marshall is better as well IMO. I do like Lewis though, when he played in the middle of the park and got sent off against QOS 3 years ago I'd happily have never seen him in a pars jersey again. Redeemed himself no end. Shame about the injuries.

Hopefully there’s a chance we keep MacDonald for the rest of the season. Think he’s looked fairly decent in his 2 and a half games. I’d certainly rather have him as our cover for both full back positions than Mayo or Whittaker and, unfortunately, I don’t think we’ll see Lewis Martin playing for us again.

Regarding people talking about Turner’s lack of game time, I noticed his left knee was fairly heavily taped up on Saturday. Maybe he’s been carrying a bit of an injury?

13 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Hopefully there’s a chance we keep MacDonald for the rest of the season. Think he’s looked fairly decent in his 2 and a half games. I’d certainly rather have him as our cover for both full back positions than Mayo or Whittaker and, unfortunately, I don’t think we’ll see Lewis Martin playing for us again.

Regarding people talking about Turner’s lack of game time, I noticed his left knee was fairly heavily taped up on Saturday. Maybe he’s been carrying a bit of an injury?

You mean that the rumours about a falling out MIGHT actually be bullshit? Well I never...

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Do you mean this season or genuinely never again?

Edited by DA Baracus

Do you mean this season or genuinely ever again?

I can’t see him playing this season and I can’t see us offering him a new deal beyond the summer either. Was a great player last season, but he missed a lot of the 17-18 season, almost the entire 18-19 season (2 appearances), played most of last season, then hasn’t been fit to train this season. There’s a clear cause for concern regarding his ability to stay fit.

Having Comrie and Edwards playing well this season and bringing in MacDonald as well, I can’t see us keeping Martin on given he’s best at full back.

I genuinely hope that we offer him a short term deal and he makes the most of it, but I just can’t see that happening just now.