Walking Down The Halbeath Road

22 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Loved all the knicker wetting and ITK posts on .net about the situation. 

As simple as DT23 had CV19

HE HAD A FALLING OUT WITH CRAWFORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY HAD A FIGHT ON THE MOON!!!!!!!!!!

In the end the simplest explanation was the true explanation. He needed a rest from the team anyway so hopefully he can get some form back now.

Didn't look good for Dow and I fear he might be out for the season.

Total conjecture on my part of course. For all I know he could play in our next game.

Edited by DA Baracus

Something that's continuously annoying is the fact that there are some apparent Pars fans who love to stir the shit. So apparently Dom had a falling out with Craw but actually it was COVID. Oh that and a fight with Turner. 

This goes all the way back to the stories about Noel Hunt sleeping with Mrs Craw and even the Stephen Kenny rumours about sleeping with young members of the Yorkston family.

It's really quite low how some people actually can be. 

I posted this on the Dundee match thread but interested in other people's thoughts.

Is Crawford as bad a manager as many people think? Tactically this season I think he has been a lot more astute, willing to change the team and game plan depending on the opposition and is not afraid to change things during the game if things aren't going our way (Inverness,Clyde, Raith, Dundee). Last season he was still working with a % of AJ's perma diddies and starting the rebuild, his transfers have been absolutely spot on and I struggle to think of a bad signing he's made (assuming McGill and Bowman were McNamara's doing). 

I'm not for one minute suggesting he's perfect however I do think he is overly criticised by an element of our support.

What's the deal with his contract btw? Is it still month to month?

I think he's improved although Saturday really pulled that back. 

Maybe slightly off topic and not answering the question but I think managers get much more scrutiny and criticism than players do. It's certainly shifted over the past 20-25 years. Yes yes, the manager signs the players blah blah but when you have good players and they don't perform? They need to be taking more responsibility. 

I think he's a better manager than AJ but my annoyance with him has been the over cautious approach to games. Too often attack has been a secondary thought. 

I really enjoyed the way we got on the front foot against Rovers, It's something we have not seen nearly enough of. Too happy to sit back and counter when we gain a lead, also his biggest successes have been against Hearts, Celtic etc when we are expected to sit back. I think that's his comfort zone.

The defeat last week I'm reluctant to blame management fully for that.  The ref should never of allowed that shambles to go ahead, but I do have to point out that our team looked defeated from the start. They were moaning about the game from the first minute and their sense of injustice led to them not fully focusing on try to find a way of winning the game. I think the players need to take a large part of responsibilty for their attitude. I guess you could agrue that management should be reinforcing that but there were guys like Watson that were clearly heads gone furious about that game continuing.

I happy to see him continue to the end of the season, but the time had come now where not achieving a play-off spot is unacceptable. We have the players and the club is looking to move on with the German investment. Mid table finishes will no longer be tolerated imo.

13 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

If you guys dont finish in the playoffs, it means that you will have finished below two of Raith, Queens, Ayr, Morton or ICT.  He would and should be booted for that.  

Said it in the match thread against Dundee. Finishing below 4th would be total failure given how shit the league is. He should rightfully be sacked if it happens. However, I think we might actually have enough about us to stumble in to the play-offs.