Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

To finish out with the top 4 again would be nothing short of a disgrace. I’ll give him til the end of the season, but he has to go if we don’t get a play-off. Still not convinced he is the man even if we do.

I have defended Crawford a few times and still inclined to do that.  But if anyone thinks Crawford can survive finishing outside the play-offs then they are off their heads,   Top 4 is the only acceptable finish.  I don’t think we should be questioning his position when we are in the play off spots, especially when we know he’s capable of putting together a winning run just as much the Crawford slumps seem to haunt us.  

He definitely goes if we don’t make the playoffs and he’s struggling to stay if we end up in the playoffs but perform poorly in them.

I’d 100% like to see him in some capacity at EEP as he has a good eye for signings however I don’t think he can progress us. With that squad we should be a lot closer to Hearts. Bit of a joke tbh.

Think he was out thought badly today, but it was utterly bizzare that the game was deemed suitable to play football. 
Really pissed off that farcical game came right after a great performance on Wednesday.
Arbroath seemed to manage just fine. You need to play the hand you're dealt. Bitching about it is just that - bitching. Bitch.

36 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
15 hours ago, Chubbychops said:
Think he was out thought badly today, but it was utterly bizzare that the game was deemed suitable to play football. 
Really pissed off that farcical game came right after a great performance on Wednesday.

Arbroath seemed to manage just fine. You need to play the hand you're dealt. Bitching about it is just that - bitching. Bitch.

It is football we are meant to be playing and the conditions couldn't allow football to be played.  I think the officials didn't do their job properly and the game should never of gone ahead.

It's not about dealing with it. If calling out somebody doing a shit job is bitching then so be it. 

Dick and his team knew how to deal with it much better. In hindsight, we should packed the penalty box like they did when we had the hurricane in our faces and gone for the 0-0. Shouldn't come down to that though.

We could have easily gone to Garfield on a calm day and lost.    They are a capable football  side.

We didn’t get to see that tho,  we only saw how they were better than us at playing in conditions that no referee should allow.    If that’s what we are judging sides on now the game is fucked.

12 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

We could have easily gone to Garfield on a calm day and lost.    They are a capable football  side.

Could we have? Arbroath have beaten us twice in recent seasons, and both those have been in absolutely dreadful weather and conditions. 

There's a reason Arbroath wanted the game to go ahead, it's an absolute leveller where they can pull teams down to their level and beat them with experience, it's part of there home advantage but it just leads to games being an absolute shambles. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Could we have? Arbroath have beaten us twice in recent seasons, and both those have been in absolutely dreadful weather and conditions. 

There's a reason Arbroath wanted the game to go ahead, it's an absolute leveller where they can pull teams down to their level and beat them with experience, it's part of there home advantage but it just leads to games being an absolute shambles. 

E16CB096-CE99-4DCA-97F1-FDAD6A66BA2C.gif

4 minutes ago, Wardy said:

E16CB096-CE99-4DCA-97F1-FDAD6A66BA2C.gif

Fair play to Raith fans, if our Fife Derby exploits for the season had comprised off us throwing a 2 goal lead at home and getting skelped and conceding 4 away I'd need to be pished to be be venturing on there thread. 

Not that you can't be pished at this time on a Sunday... 

11 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

The game last season wasn’t that bad compared to what we had to suffer yesterday.    Our own performance was a bigger factor that day and the ref at least had justification to play that.   That day goal kicks were going 35-40 yards,  and at least were as a result of the wind slowing the ball down,   Not as a result of sending it backwards.

Just now, parsforlife said:

The game last season wasn’t that bad compared to what we had to suffer yesterday.    Our own performance was a bigger factor that day and the ref at least had justification to play that.   That day goal kicks were going 35-40 yards,  and at least were as a result of the wind slowing the ball down,   Not as a result of sending it backwards.

Aye compared to yesterday it was positively tropical, and agreed it wasn't bad enough for the game to get called, however it was still shite conditions with wind that you're probably not going to experience in much other stadia. 

I honestly don't get how it's contentious to point out that Arbroath will be happy to play in adverse conditions like yesterday, because compared to most teams they'll play in it far more often and have a better game plan and way of playing in it. 

Home advantage is something that's pretty well acknowledged, some teams will have narrower pitches, some will grow the grass out or on the opposite scale, punt allot of money into the pitch to ensure it's pristine, we had the dreadful astro (mk1) that was an advantage to us because we were used to it back in the day. 

Arbroath desperately wanted the game to go ahead yesterday because quite rightly, it suited them. The referee should've got it canned however. 

7 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Fair play to Raith fans, if our Fife Derby exploits for the season had comprised off us throwing a 2 goal lead at home and getting skelped and conceding 4 away I'd need to be pished to be be venturing on there thread. 

Not that you can't be pished at this time on a Sunday... 

I’d happily finish in a play off spot and lose the next Fife derby as well to be honest. 3 points is 3 points. No fans at games, no pubs to go to. Doesn’t quite have the same feel to it, so as long as we keep picking up points then derbies don’t really bother me that much to be honest. 

I’d happily finish in a play off spot and lose the next Fife derby as well to be honest. 3 points is 3 points. No fans at games, no pubs to go to. Doesn’t quite have the same feel to it, so as long as we keep picking up points then derbies don’t really bother me that much to be honest. 
You won't be picking up any points on the day if beat you, General Genius.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:
3 minutes ago, Wardy said:

You won't be picking up any points on the day if beat you, General Genius.

Picking up points in the other games. I maybe should have made that more clear Ya fucking townie basturt.