Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Iain Wilson btw 😍 So good on the ball, great vision and passing ability. Lanky and wins the ball so often. (I know he got done for the Wee Teams goal last night) 

Like Comrie, we need to try and keep his ability on the down low or he'll just walk into an SPFL club as soon as they realise. 

Killie must be some team.  

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Hopefully Dow is fine and back ASAP

Have they said what happened? There was nobody near him and he went down like he'd been shot and never moved. When they do that it's usually an achilles snap which certainly wouldn't be good. Hopefully wasn't as bad as it looked.

17 hours ago, CallumPar said:

I’m assuming the Wighton deal has fallen through. I don’t understand why this wouldn’t have been announced yet, if it was agreed at the weekend.

i could be wrong but i think hes signed a PCA so there is no hurry to announce however a part of me thinks that the nesbit deal falling through may be the reason he never come in the window? we get the money from hibs and pay hearts a minimal fee to take him early, like most of the deals have been done this season. hibs didnt sell so we have just deciced to wait until end of season instead ? probably talkin s*ite tbh 

i could be wrong but i think hes signed a PCA so there is no hurry to announce however a part of me thinks that the nesbit deal falling through may be the reason he never come in the window? we get the money from hibs and pay hearts a minimal fee to take him early, like most of the deals have been done this season. hibs didnt sell so we have just deciced to wait until end of season instead ? probably talkin s*ite tbh 

Pre-contract announced. Just a bit confused - Hamilton boss seemed to suggest they were close to bringing Wighton in on loan for the rest of the season, but he chose us. Things obviously changed and now he’ll be left to rot in Hearts reserves (who have no games) for the next few months, rather than playing.

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Watched some of the replay. Missed it last night.

Great ball for the first goal.

Second good run

Equaliser shite again from ofw

Third goal looked good but the stream went into fast forward mode for some reason. :lol:

Agree about the tempo, reminded me of 90s football

Equaliser?!

Pedantry aside, that was howling from OFW. I was also annoyed that the scorer was allowed to shoot. We've conceded too many similar goals and teams must surely know that they will be allowed a shot at goal and that OFW is prone to having ghost hands. I'd like to see us cut that shit out.

But enjoyable stuff overall last night.

1 hour ago, Stoo61 said:

Iain Wilson btw 😍 So good on the ball, great vision and passing ability. Lanky and wins the ball so often. (I know he got done for the Wee Teams goal last night) 

Like Comrie, we need to try and keep his ability on the down low or he'll just walk into an SPFL club as soon as they realise. 

Killie must be some team.  

He's already at an SPFL side. 

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

While the second 45 was sexual last night, the first 45 was pretty standard for what we've done this season. 

Meh. Not enthused about this, but all for giving him a chance, so hope he does well.

I'm happy to get Wighton. I think he has a lot of talent, just needs a consistent run in a team. He was always in and out of the Hearts and Dundee teams. He did really well at Arbroath last year when given the chance.

Seems a few Pars fans don't rate him but I think his scoring record has been decent over the last year. Overall his scoring record doesn't look great but he's been coming off the bench a fair bit in his early days and getting played wide a lot of the time. I think a run of games as a centre forward will get the best out of him.

Edited by Chubbychops

22 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

What kind of player is Wighton?

At Dens he was a very good 'between the lines' player. He'd pick the ball up just inside the opposition half, glide past a few players and play an exquisite pass. Paul Hartley then decided he was a LW type. He hasn't the pace nor stamina to work the touchline. Hearts (and Dundee at one point) tried to play him as a CF and despite a bit of bulking up he's not suited to that either. I've said it a hundred times, he'd do really well on the continent. Allow him to float about the final third and you'll want his children. Gave him a set role in the team and you'll most likely want to kidnap his family. 

Edit : best of luck to him and yourselves. Hopefully it works out. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

At Dens he was a very good 'between the lines' player. He'd pick the ball up just inside the opposition half, glide past a few players and play an exquisite pass. Paul Hartley then decided he was a LW type. He hasn't the pace nor stamina to work the touchline. Hearts (and Dundee at one point) tried to play him as a CF and despite a bit of bulking up he's not suited to that either. I've said it a hundred times, he'd do really well on the continent. Allow him to float about the final third and you'll want his children. Gave him a set role in the team and you'll most likely want to kidnap his family. 

Crawford has said he will be playing upfront, I'm hoping he performs the role that Moffat played, behind the striker linkining the play between the midfield. 

3 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Aye awrite, whatever they're calling the Premier League nowadays. 

Premiership.

He isn't consistent enough to be a Premiership player I think. Hopefully he can develop there though.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Premiership.

He isn't consistent enough to be a Premiership player I think. Hopefully he can develop there though.

Ooooh, The Premiership of Scotland. I like it. 

3 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Pre-contract announced. Just a bit confused - Hamilton boss seemed to suggest they were close to bringing Wighton in on loan for the rest of the season, but he chose us. Things obviously changed and now he’ll be left to rot in Hearts reserves (who have no games) for the next few months, rather than playing.

I wonder if by announcing the pre-contract we are trying to force a loan to happen,  tho hearts might want a bigger points gap to ensure they don’t have a Vaughan situation. 

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Equaliser?!

Pedantry aside, that was howling from OFW. I was also annoyed that the scorer was allowed to shoot. We've conceded too many similar goals and teams must surely know that they will be allowed a shot at goal and that OFW is prone to having ghost hands. I'd like to see us cut that shit out.

But enjoyable stuff overall last night.

He's already at an SPFL side. 

Meh. Not enthused about this, but all for giving him a chance, so hope he does well.

Not an equaliser lol so bad it was worth 2.