Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Yeah, I'm led to believe the maximum wage at Morton is £500 a week, that any club in the division has an average of that amount is surprising.

As for players leaving in January, if they're on upwards of £500 a week they weren't going to get that anywhere else, and maybe believed at that point it was just a cashflow issue over the Christmas period and they'd be back to getting their full wage by now, certainly not dropping to 20%.

Provided they have a sensible wage structure there's no reason a club averaging around 3500 shouldn't be able to sustain full-time football, but if there are other running costs inflating it and it's necessary to go part-time to break even, it should be done. Masterton will have no intention of doing so though, if the club's still going next season.

At Morton it's max £500 basic. Win and other bonuses add to that!

I agree with that. Too many clubs and fans live under the impression that we should be looking at a large number of full time teams. There just isn't the market for it. Of course, thanks to the SPL, clubs are now left with full time infrastructure and expected to pay for that with both lower crowds and possibly part time football.

Nonsense: lesser full time clubs can easily sign younger players at lower wages: they tend to have less family/mortgage etc to worry about, and can understand it as their best shot of securing a better career down the road. What you have now are clubs signing journeymen with all their commitments in tow, then bitching and whining about having to pay a living wage.

Part-time football is a disaster.

Edited by vikingTON

Because in a desperate way of justifying their abject failure over the years against us, Rovers fans have to believe that our overspending is the only reason we beat them and they are actually the bigger team.

That isn't an opinion, its quite clearly a fact. :smartass

So were/are they holding money back from players? Where's this extra 30% suddenly appeared from?

That's what I would like to know. We will never find out though.

It's becoming more & more obvious that money is just shifted from one part of his empire to another as needed. If you read the 7 page document a few weeks back it was clear that DAFC is not as financial shafted as was made out, just that money it generated by whatever means (season tickets, parachute payment, TV money) was quickly moved on elsewhere.

The sooner we are extracted from this malaise the better.....and if it means part time football in the seaside leagues for the foreseeable, so be it.

You'll not be getting anything like that when you have a team that is more or less the same standard as ours. Prepare to see your new club getting regularly tanked by ours for years to come :)

A generation of Raith fans await that day..........enjoy when it comes.

If you read the 7 page document a few weeks back it was clear that DAFC is not as financial shafted as was made out

How do you make that out ? That document explicitly stated we were on the verge on liquidation

BREAKING NEWS

Dunfermline players have now been paid 50% of their February salaries. This

follows a meeting this morning between manager Jim Jefferies and the club's

owner Gavin Masterton.

FROM BBC WEBSITE

Well, it's better than 20%.

How do you make that out ? That document explicitly stated we were on the verge on liquidation

Maybe I'm not making myself clear. What I mean is that because GM moves money around his web of companies on a frequent basis to shore them up, any chance we have of DAFC breaking even or returning profit is non-existent. They did the same with First Scottish too. Basically the only part of his group that has any kind of cash flow is DAFC, especially last season.

Or am I reading it wrong?

Because in a desperate way of justifying their abject failure over the years against us, Rovers fans have to believe that our overspending is the only reason we beat them and they are actually the bigger team.

It was apparent that the Pars beat us to the title in the 2010/11 season because they spent money that they obviously didn't have to bring in the players that saw them over the line.

These are facts.

Tell me... Was promotion to one of the shittest top leagues in Europe and the consequent shit fest of a season that the Pars had worth putting your club on he brink of oblivion?

Probably would have benefitted the Pars to stay down in a league where they weren't whipping boys, were challenging at the top to keep the crowds coming in and have regular derbies against Fife's big team in waiting and Falkirk.

The Martin Hardie (Player you couldn't afford) free-kick that more or less won you the league has massively contributed to the Pars being so much in the shite.

Poetic justice from a Rovers point of view.

Still, hope you survive for the supporters sake.

Love and kisses. X

Tell me... Was promotion to one of the shittest top leagues in Europe and the consequent shit fest of a season that the Pars had worth putting your club on he brink of oblivion?

It was years of paying guys like Crawford and Nicholson x amount of thousands a week that did that tbh. Which incidently meant spending money they couldn't afford to keep themselves as the biggest team in Fife thus resulting in many years of piss taking of our smaller teams.

As much as I do feel sorry for the fans and hope they don't go entirely extinct, I can't help but feel that you're right in saying that it is poetic justice.

It was years of paying guys like Crawford and Nicholson x amount of thousands a week that did that tbh. Which incidently meant spending money they couldn't afford to keep themselves as the biggest team in Fife thus resulting in many years of piss taking of our smaller teams.

As much as I do feel sorry for the fans and hope they don't go entirely extinct, I can't help but feel that you're right in saying that it is poetic justice.

Even still, in more recent years St Johnstone made a fuss about a lack of money for Hardie and Rutkiewiecz the season after. But yes,I'd agree with Andy.

Hubris extraordinaire!

No, this is not what folk really are saying; it may be what YOU would like to think.

I think the majority of Raith fans consider DAFC just another club, but not a big club.

As for your Club's, now well publicised, overspending and potential demise as a club, perhaps you feel that was wothwhile to "pump" other clubs, and then come along with Billy Big Time posts such as this?

Wake up, smell the coffee, and get real.

BTW, I for one hope DAFC don't go burst but - I'm not sure they can be actually be saved.

seething.gif