Walking Down The Halbeath Road

We snatched at the offer because Hibs cranked up the sell-on percentage. They either decreased or stuck with their offer in January: it wasn’t as if they ballooned it from 250k in January to 500k in the summer.

30% sell on, money for a Scotland cap and money for Hibs getting into Europe is all part of the deal. That's what I was told at the time and I believe their info.Might be wrong though.

If you look back at comments from Ross at the time, he quoted as being extremely happy with the deal negotiated. I'm sure he's not talking about the 250k after being offered 400k a few months earlier. The Courier also discribes the sell-on as substanstial and other papers refer to the size of sell-on. 

This is not just a decent 15-20% sell on. This deal was based on making big money on Nisbet further down the line rather than taking a bit more cash up front.

On 28/01/2021 at 21:07, Grant228 said:

Optimistic we'll get anywhere near what numbers? 

Scott Burns reckons Hibs are holding out for £3m, and Birmingham have upped their offer to £2.25m.

Despite putting in our best performance for a long time, we took nothing today.

We've won 1 out of the last 8 league games.

We've taken 8 points from 24. We've only scored 7, and haven't scored in the last 3. Almost a third of a season with a single win isn't good enough. 

We're down to 3rd on goal difference with Dundee right behind us, and Ayr and Morton only 4 points further back. Inverness has 3 games in hand on us and are 8 points behind.

I don't think Crawford should be sacked. However, I do think he absolutely shouldn't be our manager once the season finishes. He can take O'Hara with him as well.

Edited by DA Baracus

We've taken 8 points from 24. We've only scored 7, and haven't scored in the last 3. Almost a third of a season with a single win isn't good enough. 
We're down to 3rd on goal difference with Dundee right behind us, and Ayr and Morton only 4 points further back. Inverness has 3 games in hand on us and are 8 points behind.
I don't think Crawford should be sacked. However, I do think he absolutely shouldn't be our manager once the season finishes. He can take O'Hara with him as well.
You going to pay him out of the rest of his two year deal at that stage?

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:
9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You going to pay him out of the rest of his two year deal at that stage?

Yes.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

We're down to 3rd on goal difference with Dundee right behind us, and Ayr and Morton only 4 points further back.

I don't think Crawford should be sacked. However, I do think he absolutely shouldn't be our manager once the season finishes.  

He’s on a rolling contract,  so you do think he should be sacked, just not at this stage...

Desperately need to take that level of performance into the next few games and pick up a few wins.

Just now, parsforlife said:

He’s on a rolling contract,  so you do think he should be sacked, just not at this stage...

Desperately need to take that level of performance into the next few games and pick up a few wins.

I thought it was a season to season rolling contract? But I don't know the details. Anyway, unless there was someone lined up, there wouldn't be much point in removing him now.

Crawford will be going nowhere until the Germans take full control and, if we’re still in mid-table obscurity land, they’ll take action. They’ll not be happy seeing us festering at this level forever btw. The only way Crawford would be relieved of his duties would be if we ended up in a proper relegation situation, which we won’t this season.

Not to be negative but it’s just the routine Crawford has as manager. We’re slap bang in the middle of the horrendous winless runs that we go through with him in charge. I think we need to win our next 3 games to keep in touch with 2nd btw. If we fail to get much then mid table obscurity is a real concern. This league is absolute horse shit and not getting a play-off place would be a stupendous failure.

24 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

On Crawford I don't think he's up to it but needs more time. If we don't start winning and slip out the top four then he has to go end of season. Total disaster. Missing nisbet but o'hara was a mistake. Look at what raith are doing with less.

He's shown each season that he has slumps that are costly and absolutely terrible to watch. We can't and won't move forward doing that. He also seems to lack belief and confidence and is far too negative. It's holding us back.

We could genuinely be challenging Hearts for the league with someone better in charge. Instead we're in real danger of sliding down the table and out of the playoffs. There are 4 teams very close to us and Inverness who are 8 behind us but have 3 games in hand. This time next week we could be 4th and have two teams 1 point behind us. We could also be second, but that looks unlikely right now.

He's very good at signings however. Seems to have a great eye for potential and seems to be able to make good deals.

He has to go at the end of the season though.

Edited by DA Baracus