Parscelona

Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

We've now failed to win in over half our league games this season, 7 out of 12.

7 games is over a quarter of the entire season.

We've taken 8 points from the last 21.

We've won 1 out of the last 6.

We've scored 2 goals in the last 4 games.

We're struggling massively to make chances in games now. In the last 6 games we've scored all of 2 goals from open play.

It's garbage runs like this that make me question the manager, because it has happened every season he's been here. We're now pretty much wiped out the great start we made.

Interesting to note a lot of those stats aren’t uncommon for sides that finish 2nd.  Obviously they need to have spells of better form and we’ll need to enter one soon,  but as a whole the season is going well.

In particular failing to win about half your games is very standard.  A 50% win rate will see you do well very often, particularly if in the games you fail to win a lot are draws.

Our form and performances over last two months is Bottom 4  rather than Top 4

Nature of the Championship. Ten utter pish teams scrapping through games.

24 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Nature of the Championship. Ten utter pish teams scrapping through games.

Not a fan of this argument. Our bar shouldn't be the quality of the opposition.

33 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Not a fan of this argument. Our bar shouldn't be the quality of the opposition.

It’s literally how football works. We judge teams compared to their opponents

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It’s literally how football works. We judge teams compared to their opponents

No, we judge teams on results.

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No, we judge teams on results.

Which is based on...   how they compare to their opponents 

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

Which is based on...   how they compare to their opponents 

Sounds like we both arrive at the same conclusion then.

Anyway, slightly changing topic, I will not be giving Hearts £18 to watch their feed next week . First game of the season I will have missed. Looking forward to a break from watching the subdued, limp performances we have been offering.  The team needs to come out of hiding and offer themselves up for the ball. 

55 minutes ago, Ayrpar said:

Anyway, slightly changing topic, I will not be giving Hearts £18 to watch their feed next week . First game of the season I will have missed. Looking forward to a break from watching the subdued, limp performances we have been offering.  The team needs to come out of hiding and offer themselves up for the ball. 

We will be annihilated next week.

We will turn in a similar performance to the one we gave in Dundee, but won't come back from 3 down.

Can genuinely see us losing 4 or 5 nil after putting in a pathetic, timid, shitebag, cowardly performance.

If Crawford needs some inspiration for an entertaining and well-organised team then look east.
Today, aye

A couple of weeks ago their board was in utter meltdown because they lost ti the worst team in the Championship at that point.

Fitba eh? What's it like

Today, aye

A couple of weeks ago their board was in utter meltdown because they lost ti the worst team in the Championship at that point.

Fitba eh? What's it like

Football clubs will have bad results, ours was the Morton game at home. On the whole, we’ve been quite good defensively apart from the Dundee game. As DA Baracus has pointed out we seem to be on one of those Crawford runs, however because we’ve been decent at the back we are drawing games we would have usually lost. Thankfully this has kept us in the race for second place so we have time to fix our issue.

Our deficiencies are in attack, more specifically creating chances from open play. I find our attacking play tedious and boring to watch, I noticed this at the start of the season however because we scored a good number of goals from set pieces this papered over the cracks. Now that the set-piece goals have dried up it’s glaringly obvious where we suffer as a team. We do not create enough chances in 90 minutes, we seem scared to test the opposition keeper and most of the time we fail to get ourselves in the position to do so.

The last game I enjoyed watching was the Hearts game as that was a complete team performance, and that was back in November. The last 15 minutes of the 3-3 Dundee game are a benchmark for what this team are capable of in an attacking sense, although we had to be 3-0 down to show it. Is it a lack of ambition from Crawford, does he treat the opposition with too much respect? Whatever the issue, I’m bored watching Dunfermline at the moment. However, I’ll continue to do so in the hope that Crawford realises in order to win games of football you need to create chances as they lead to goals, which in turn provides a bit of entertainment for those watching.

Absolutely Islay.  We didnt get a single shot on target yesterday . We didnt get a single shot on target against Morton away last week. That means in 180 minutes we didnt test the opposition keeper. That therefore puts pressure on our defence not to put a foot wrong

I do think it stems from the ultra cautious approach adopted by Crawford.    

Dom Thomas, Ryan Dow and Declan McManus is an attacking line that should be doing damage constantly. Stale as f*ck and look as if they don’t have a clue as soon as they get in to good positions. If there is any chance of getting a couple decent attackers in, then hopefully Crawford goes for it to put pressure on these guys for places.

The way I see it it's the way we play rather than the personnel. McManus as I've said before is no target man and when the second ball isn't won we're immediately on the back foot.

Get him or o Hara running in behind more often. We often stroke it about nicely from side to side but we then play completely in front of the opposition with nothing happening.

The fact Crawford went with a flat midfield five yesterday at home to Ayr who have no real attacking threat says it all for me about the kind of manager he is. Start with a point and don’t lose it type. He was given by all counts a decent budget in the transfer window for players in the summer but he still sets us up like he did when he first took charge and went on a run of horrific viewing 1-0 wins. I don’t see any development as a manager in that period, we get the occasional false dawn for example the Hearts game or Dundee United last year but what goods that when it’s followed by a run of 6/7/8 games when we are chronic? Consistency wins leagues and we are too consistently in troughs rather than peaks in his tenure.

1 hour ago, Ayrpar said:

Absolutely Islay.  We didnt get a single shot on target yesterday . We didnt get a single shot on target against Morton away last week. 

We absolutely did have shots on target at Morton...