Walking Down The Halbeath Road

23 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Tannadice and Somerset have both been disgusting in the past. Hampden too despite the prices being astronomical.

Beat food I can remember has been at the smaller grounds such as Brechin, Stirling or Clyde. East Stirling used to do a tremendous portion of pakora back in the day too.

It's just a burger van. Unless it has changed since I last went there. Bowls of sugar with a spoon in it. The sugar was all clotted because people would be stirring their tea or coffee and just firing this one metal spoon back in the bowl. Horrid. Makes you think with COVID opening your eyes a bit to hygiene just how minging that is. 

6 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

It's just a burger van. Unless it has changed since I last went there. Bowls of sugar with a spoon in it. The sugar was all clotted because people would be stirring their tea or coffee and just firing this one metal spoon back in the bowl. Horrid. Makes you think with COVID opening your eyes a bit to hygiene just how minging that is. 

Granted this was quite a while ago but when we got cuffed 3-0 in the Scottish Cup under Calderwood, I bought a pie that was still raw in the middle and lukewarm on the outside, so I've avoided food there ever since. 

We've now failed to win in over half our league games this season, 7 out of 12.

7 games is over a quarter of the entire season.

We've taken 8 points from the last 21.

We've won 1 out of the last 6.

We've scored 2 goals in the last 4 games.

We're struggling massively to make chances in games now. In the last 6 games we've scored all of 2 goals from open play.

It's garbage runs like this that make me question the manager, because it has happened every season he's been here. We're now pretty much wiped out the great start we made.

Really need another striker and a wide player. If we can afford it then it would mean the difference between a title challenge or dropping out the top four. It’s possible that Dow and Thomas could suddenly start playing as well as they can again but we can’t rely on two players every week to create things. I also think Mcinroy needs more game time and we should be more positive at home.

We're struggling massively to make chances in games now. In the last 6 games we've scored all of 2 goals from open play.

It's garbage runs like this that make me question the manager, because it has happened every season he's been here. We're now pretty much wiped out the great start we made.

Sitting 2nd, 6 points off top, lost 1 game all season. Can spin stats anyway you want. I think we all would have taken that at the start of the season.

That said, the last 2 games have been absolute torture on the eyes [emoji23][emoji23]

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Sitting 2nd, 6 points off top, lost 1 game all season. Can spin stats anyway you want. I think we all would have taken that at the start of the season.

That said, the last 2 games have been absolute torture on the eyes emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Can't argue!

Sadly if we keep this form up we won't be second for much longer. Also, I'm disappointed by the form over the last 7 games as I think the players we have are capable of much better. In addition, if we turned just a couple of those draws in to wins, we'd not only be clear in second but right behind Hearts.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Interesting to note a lot of those stats aren’t uncommon for sides that finish 2nd.  Obviously they need to have spells of better form and we’ll need to enter one soon,  but as a whole the season is going well.

In particular failing to win about half your games is very standard.  A 50% win rate will see you do well very often, particularly if in the games you fail to win a lot are draws.