Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I would find it extremely sad if the club with the highest attendances in the First Division could not sustain a full-time squad.

Really? What is your average attendance? I should have thought it would have to be comfortably over 3,000, if not nearer 4,000 to seriously entertain the idea of sustainable full time football - particularly if you're paying something mental like an average of £500 per week.

Edited by Consolidate

Our average attendance is 3,750.

Whether we've to go part time or get sent down to the 3rd Division, i'm not fussed, i just want to see us survive, yet also remain in the league set up. If we've to work our way back up then so be it.

In regards to the latest news, it's funny how the players were told that they might get another 10% of their wages after the game tomorrow, yet Masterton can suddenly find an extra 30% today when the players threaten to strike.

Whether we've to go part time or get sent down to the 3rd Division, i'm not fussed, i just want to see us survive, yet also remain in the league set up. If we've to work our way back up then so be it.

In regards to the latest news, it's funny how the players were told that they might get another 10% of their wages after the game tomorrow, yet Masterton can suddenly find an extra 30% today when the players threaten to strike.

Sounds to me like they've got a certain amount of cash floating about and its basically being given out depending on how much of a crisis not paying a certain group will cause. Wait and see I bet some of that was meant for Cowdenbeath or Hamilton but now because the players are threatening strike action which would cause havoc its been diverted to them . The SFL may take a while to take action on the non payment of gate receipts so they may be hoping that they'll have the cash to pay both clubs off by then. Of course if our bod hadnt been so soft regarding this and reported the pars earlier then it would at least have alerted cowden and hamilton to what they were doing allowing them to put some sort of other plan in place to sell the tickets. Typical spineless Martin Ritchie move.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Correct. If I hads to guess, the players will have been threatening to strike on Saturday, so the board have shat it. Unless it's come out of someone's pocket then I'd be livid.

Nobody else seems to have mentioned but an average of £500 a week? I know nothing about First Division wages but that seems extraordinarily high. Given the Pars have some young players and a few foreign players on the cheap I'd hate to think what that says about the wages the likes of Gallacher, Barrowman, Cardle etc will be on. Couldn't they have just let them walk in January?

Yeah, I'm led to believe the maximum wage at Morton is £500 a week, that any club in the division has an average of that amount is surprising.

As for players leaving in January, if they're on upwards of £500 a week they weren't going to get that anywhere else, and maybe believed at that point it was just a cashflow issue over the Christmas period and they'd be back to getting their full wage by now, certainly not dropping to 20%.

Provided they have a sensible wage structure there's no reason a club averaging around 3500 shouldn't be able to sustain full-time football, but if there are other running costs inflating it and it's necessary to go part-time to break even, it should be done. Masterton will have no intention of doing so though, if the club's still going next season.

You'll not be getting anything like that when you have a team that is more or less the same standard as ours. Prepare to see your new club getting regularly tanked by ours for years to come :)

Edited by Fotbawmad

You'll not be getting anything like that when you have a team that is more or less the same standard as ours. Prepare to see your new club getting regularly tanked by ours for years to come :)

:lol:

Why according to you, would we be getting regularly tanked if the clubs are similar standard?

You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?

Yeah, I'm led to believe the maximum wage at Morton is £500 a week, that any club in the division has an average of that amount is surprising.

As for players leaving in January, if they're on upwards of £500 a week they weren't going to get that anywhere else, and maybe believed at that point it was just a cashflow issue over the Christmas period and they'd be back to getting their full wage by now, certainly not dropping to 20%.

Provided they have a sensible wage structure there's no reason a club averaging around 3500 shouldn't be able to sustain full-time football, but if there are other running costs inflating it and it's necessary to go part-time to break even, it should be done. Masterton will have no intention of doing so though, if the club's still going next season.

You can bet your bottom dollar that BMMMH and Davie Graham will be over £500 a week