Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Hearts game looks almost certain to be postponed, with Morton’s statement regarding covid/pitch inspection. Sounds like the cup game will be played on Tuesday night.

Weather isn’t going to change much in Scotland over the next week. Monday it looks to be a bit milder but still absolutely baltic as soon as dusk sets. I can’t see any football happening on Tuesday night either.

7 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Nae word on that pitch inspection at Morton this morning? Guess it will be off, but would be nice to confirm

Nothing yet. Hopefully they're actually playing the game in secret and instead of the results of the pitch inspection, we'll get the result of the tie.

Game's off. No surprises there. Rescheduled to Tuesday, which means our title 6 pointer against the 9-darts will also be put back. Highly doubt any football will be getting played next weekend either, never mind during the week. The overnight weather is to be brutal for the foreseeable. 

22 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Game's off. No surprises there. Rescheduled to Tuesday, which means our title 6 pointer against the 9-darts will also be put back. Highly doubt any football will be getting played next weekend either, never mind during the week. The overnight weather is to be brutal for the foreseeable. 

It's been colder than average this week but seemingly is going to warm up a bit next week.

21 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Given how incredibly badly they took last week's postponement, my thoughts are with the Raith fans at this difficult time.

Making sure another teams pitch was frozen is part of our master plan.   We’re going to keep this up until all other games have been played and then Win 23 games in 23 days to mark a remarkable league and cup double.  When warmer weather kicks in it will be more difficult but the new ice machine is pretty impressive and should do the job 

25 years since Norrie passed away. Sometimes I wonder during boring games when looking at the big picture of him at the side of the stand what kind of a manger he would have made and how him being there would have changed the club. Pretty sure he would have been involved but perhaps not during the Calderwood era. Seems daft maybe but we possibly lost a great manager. Was certainly a legend and one of my heroes growing up. Was just there from leishman era until dick and Bert. 

Certainly would have stayed in the game if he wanted to. Hard to tell what capacity that would be in. 

Often wonder why they didn't use a better photo of the big man for the Norrie stand. In fact i'm not a fan of the whole thing, the text etc. Should have been done better IMO. 

56 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

He'd have been hounded out at some point by the wallopers for a bad run of results.

No idea how he'd have done as manager to be honest, I'd like to think he'd have been great but really, I don't know.

Going by his age. He would have been due to  retire somewhere around Bert Paton resigning or Dick Campbell being punted. Not sure if Yorkston and Masteron would given Norrie the job when they decided to borrow and spend big. They seemed to want somebody who had worked abroad, which was flavour of the day around that time and more experience.

Maybe after Calderwood left and Hay and Leish were apppointed  would've been more likely a time he may have got a shot. We were really struggling to stay up around that time though, with loads of cut backs.  That would've been a tough gig at that time, but who knows how it would've turned out. He certainly had qualites that would've made a good manager.

Edited by Chubbychops