Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, 101 said:

I genuinely don't think we will be that desperate for cash the government have just given us the equivalent of winning the league in the form of a grant. 

I would much prefer he went in the summer with a few big clubs interested or like I said before some Chinese club willing to pay daft money.

Clubs usually have to pay a bit more in January though.

I don't care when (if) he leaves Hibs, as long as it's for a decent fee and get decent cash for him. Hibs won't let him go for a pish fee whilst he's under contract.

5 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

You would think the Scotland call up fee would die if he leaves hibs and gets called up by someone else.  Might be slightly better for us if he wasn’t sold until after that.

If he goes for a big fee tho, f**k it get swimming pool installed and fill it with the cash.

I would say his chances of a call up increase if he goes to the BPL he should ahead of Shankland when Clark is picking the next squad

21 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It would go up,  but I’d be doubtful we’d get any money for it.

Yeh I doubt we would get any more for it other than as a consequence of his agent demanding a higher fee

McBurnie is hopelessly out his depth for the top flight but Swansea could command such a high fee given it’s England we are talking about and he was one of the top goal-scorers in the Championship that season.

The online rumour about Nisbet and Sheffield United has been started as SU are going to be looking for cheap replacements all over the pitch come January. However, if they are genuinely interested in Nisbet, Hibs won’t accept anything insulting, given it’s English money these guys are able to fling about willy nilly in the transfer windows and he is also on a 4 year contract.

Strikers have a higher premium, but if you take John McGinn for example, he has went down to England for just under 3mil and taking it by storm. More than likely end up going to a bigger team soon along with Grealish. That’s what teams will be looking at in Scotland given the success of these types of guys. As I said, strikers are a premium, so I reckon Hibs could command a much higher fee than 2.8mil.

Honestly think SU would be better taking a punt on Nisbet and getting shot of both Burke and McBurnie as both are hopelessly out their depth.

17 hours ago, DAFC. said:

McBurnie is hopelessly out his depth for the top flight but Swansea could command such a high fee given it’s England we are talking about and he was one of the top goal-scorers in the Championship that season.

The online rumour about Nisbet and Sheffield United has been started as SU are going to be looking for cheap replacements all over the pitch come January. However, if they are genuinely interested in Nisbet, Hibs won’t accept anything insulting, given it’s English money these guys are able to fling about willy nilly in the transfer windows and he is also on a 4 year contract.

Strikers have a higher premium, but if you take John McGinn for example, he has went down to England for just under 3mil and taking it by storm. More than likely end up going to a bigger team soon along with Grealish. That’s what teams will be looking at in Scotland given the success of these types of guys. As I said, strikers are a premium, so I reckon Hibs could command a much higher fee than 2.8mil.

Honestly think SU would be better taking a punt on Nisbet and getting shot of both Burke and McBurnie as both are hopelessly out their depth.

The key to this deal as well is not just the %age of any initial deal, it’s the second dunt that might come.  

Say Nisbet does land a decent move in this window, about £2.5m.  We would get a significant chunk of that immediately.  However if in another 2 years he is sold on again, I’m led to believe again we would be entitled to a future %age fee.  Similar to what st mirren earned with mcginn’s second move.  That’s why our board were so happy with the deal they got.  Decent cash figure in pockets, and two potential pay offs in future.  A conservative estimate would place the potential profit on Nisbet at £1m should two deals be struck.

The key to this deal as well is not just the %age of any initial deal, it’s the second dunt that might come.  

Say Nisbet does land a decent move in this window, about £2.5m.  We would get a significant chunk of that immediately.  However if in another 2 years he is sold on again, I’m led to believe again we would be entitled to a future %age fee.  Similar to what st mirren earned with mcginn’s second move.  That’s why our board were so happy with the deal they got.  Decent cash figure in pockets, and two potential pay offs in future.  A conservative estimate would place the potential profit on Nisbet at £1m should two deals be struck.
Hope raith get 5% of the 5k we paid as well.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:
2 hours ago, parsboi said:

Hope raith get 5% of the 5k we paid as well.

Call me petty.  (You’re petty) But I’ll take great delight in the fact they’ll be getting square root of F-all from Nisbet and indeed Murray sell ons.   

Murray would be a gamble for any Premiership club I think, as he still has to prove himself in the Championship.

However, since he's available on a free in the summer, he wouldn't be an expensive gamble.