Walking Down The Halbeath Road

32 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

There was a TB jag and polio in high school wasn't there? 

Aye that's right. I mind those. 

Think the 2005ish one I mean was the MMR one. I recall I had to go to the GP surgery to get it done.

20 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Just seen the results of that survey.

Only 66% of people said they would get vaccinated. People are disgustingly stupid.

I would caveat that with some people responded no saying it would discriminate against younger fans.

Just seen the results of that survey.
Only 66% of people said they would get vaccinated. People are disgustingly stupid.

Wouldn't read too much into that. I'd not take a vaccine to allow me to go to the football if it was taking away a vaccine from somebody to allow them to go about everyday life for example. I was surprised to see it that high.

Crawford isn’t the manager to take us forward, we were hopeless today and managed to fluke a result. I’ve no idea where we will finish at the end of the season but I’ve not been convinced with our performances overall this season.

13 minutes ago, Islay said:

Crawford isn’t the manager to take us forward, we were hopeless today and managed to fluke a result. I’ve no idea where we will finish at the end of the season but I’ve not been convinced with our performances overall this season.

Presumably you missed the hearts game and coming back from 3 scud down to salvage a point.

Presumably you missed the hearts game and coming back from 3 scud down to salvage a point.

No, I didn’t. I’ve been there for all of the games this season. I see nothing to suggest he is the man to the us forward. If we manage to finish in a play-off place this season I’ll be delighted.

Right, look at it this way. The season is split in to thirds rather than quarters because of the shortened season. Today’s game was the end of the first third. We’re 2nd with some room between ourselves and 5th. That is something every Pars fan would have more than accepted before the season started. Now, the last few weeks have seen a dip in form, however, every single decent team goes through that at some point. Even if you want to call it a dip, we still picked up 4 points. What Crawford has done compared to other seasons and other managers, in my eyes, is that he has been brave enough to change it as he sees fit to grind out results. It worked against Raith, against Dundee and today against a defensively sound Arbroath team.

I tend to be pessimistic most of the times, but even a guy like me can see Crawford has showed some nouse this season and knows what he’s doing. I think we look good for 2nd from what I have seen overall. We have another two quick-fire fixtures coming up and I believe these will be the ones, including today’s win, that see if we finish in a play-off place or it’s more mod-table obscurity come the end of the season.

Right, look at it this way. The season is split in to thirds rather than quarters because of the shortened season. Today’s game was the end of the first third. We’re 2nd with some room between ourselves and 5th. That is something every Pars fan would have more than accepted before the season started. Now, the last few weeks have seen a dip in form, however, every single decent team goes through that at some point. Even if you want to call it a dip, we still picked up 4 points. What Crawford has done compared to other seasons and other managers, in my eyes, is that he has been brave enough to change it as he sees fit to grind out results. It worked against Raith, against Dundee and today against a defensively sound Arbroath team.

I tend to be pessimistic most of the times, but even a guy like me can see Crawford has showed some nouse this season and knows what he’s doing. I think we look good for 2nd from what I have seen overall. We have another two quick-fire fixtures coming up and I believe these will be the ones, including today’s win, that see if we finish in a play-off place or it’s more mod-table obscurity come the end of the season.

Fair enough. As I said, I’ll be delighted if we finish in a play-off place this season. I don’t believe our performances have merited the results we have, however we have managed to get the results. Today was another unconvincing performance, saved by O’Hara. The Raith game will be interesting.

Scottish Cup draw on Monday evening at 19.15. It's live on Scottish Cup Youtube, Facebook and Twitter.

As fans can't get to the game, I want the easiest draw possible at home.

No doubt we'll get Ayr or Morton though!

26 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Scottish Cup draw on Monday evening at 19.15. It's live on Scottish Cup Youtube, Facebook and Twitter.

As fans can't get to the game, I want the easiest draw possible at home.

No doubt we'll get Ayr or Morton though!

Absolutely. Give me a home tie against a non-league side.

Fellow championship clubs are a must avoid.

Guest Axle Grease
19 hours ago, Islay said:

Tell us why he's the wrong man. Have a go at articulating and substantiating your opinion.

What is it he is continually doing wrong? bought poor players?, can't make tactical decsions to change games?, can't motivate his players?, we're that shite because we're not topping the league?

Help me out here. 

Edited by Axle Grease
P*sh spelling

23 hours ago, Axle Grease said:

Tell us why he's the wrong man. Have a go at articulating and substantiating your opinion.

What is it he is continually doing wrong? bought poor players?, can't make tactical decsions to change games?, can't motivate his players?, we're that shite because we're not topping the league?

Help me out here. 

If anything for me, I think this season has been confirmation that Crawford (and Dair/Sheilds combo) is the right person(s) for the job.

I’m guessing that our playing budget is lower this season than last based on the numbers of players we have.   I also don’t think Stevie has signed many players who have not lived up to reputation/not brought something into the mix.  Compared to previous managers, that’s a big improvement. 

We’ve only lost one game this whole season so far.  In comparison to a normal season, that would mean 1 loss between July and October.   Performances haven’t been that great some times, and the football hasn’t been proper full flow.  But where Crawford/team have shown their value, is by being much more effective in changing the game with tactics or subs.  Plenty evidence in this area to suggest quality.

I don’t think we’ve actually fully clicked yet as a team, and that bodes well.  Maybe Crawford suspects that too, hence is keeping the control measures in place so we sh1tfest more than he’d like to, just to keep results positive until we really do click into gear.