Parscelona

Walking Down The Halbeath Road

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Martin is far superior to Edwards. Edwards has improved a lot this season but his passing is far too often terrible 

If fit Martin absolutely has to start over Edwards if Martin is to play left back.

You’re right but it would be unfair to edwards to drop him. I don’t see left back as one of our problems. He’s been doing well defensively and going forward. I thought he was our best player against saints and made a few brilliant tackles against hearts.

I’d rest a couple players for the game against Arbroath before ICT midweek, which will be a very tough game, but I don’t think Martin is anywhere close to being fit just now to be considered for that.

12 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I wouldn't drop Edwards right now, he's playing totally fine.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

You’re right but it would be unfair to edwards to drop him. I don’t see left back as one of our problems. He’s been doing well defensively and going forward. I thought he was our best player against saints and made a few brilliant tackles against hearts.

Edwards' passing is far too lax and he gives away possession far too often. Martin is also a better defender in general. We should be playing our best players when we can.

Martin is a better footballer than Edwards.

Edwards has improved greatly this season,  but there’s still a few moments where he’s struggled.   To his credit he’s seems to adapt in games when this happens.  It would be a bit harsh to drop him, but that’s football,   We should have our best players on the pitch whenever possible.

Regardless until we hear of Martin being fit it’s not really something Crawford needs to deal with,  and even once he is fit it’s possible that injuries or suspension to others will mean he plays in a different position.

Edited by parsforlife

Edwards' passing is far too lax and he gives away possession far too often. Martin is also a better defender in general. We should be playing our best players when we can.
Martin on his day is the best defender at the club. No idea how far off he is from being match fit so as said above, it's not a problem to consider right now.

14 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Martin is a better footballer than Edwards.

Edwards is improved greatly this season,  but there’s still a few moments where he’s struggled.   To his credit he’s seems to adapt in games when this happens.  It would be a bit harsh to drop him, but that’s football,   We should have our best players on the pitch whenever possible.

Regardless until we here of Martin being fit it’s not really something Crawford needs to deal with,  and even once he is fit it’s possible that injuries or suspension to others will mean he plays in a different position.

Aye Edwards has improved loads this season and had generally done well.

47 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Was just thinking that we've had a mad number of penalties this season.

At least we score them now.   We got a decent amount in 2016 and nearly always missed.

Martin comes in for Mayo or Comrie at this point who have both had poor defensive moments the last few games. Edwards pretty much first name on the team sheet and rightly so. 

38 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

Martin comes in for Mayo or Comrie at this point who have both had poor defensive moments the last few games. Edwards pretty much first name on the team sheet and rightly so. 

When’s comrie made significant mistakes?

And Edwards isn’t first name on the team sheet,   More like 8th or 9th. 

39 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

When’s comrie made significant mistakes?

And Edwards isn’t first name on the team sheet,   More like 8th or 9th. 

He has impressed me this season, going forward he's looked very dangerous and, the majority of the time, solid at the back. I wouldn't go as far as saying he is the first name on the team sheet but he is a vastly improved player this season. 

Don't think Martin will be straight in as soon as he's fit tbh.

Declan McManus is the division's top scorer for now. 

If he maintains that position till the end of the season I will admit to being surprised. 

Comrie has been quality. Thats his position now. The other full back position is up for grabs. 

Just seen the results of that survey.

Only 66% of people said they would get vaccinated. People are disgustingly stupid.

35 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Just seen the results of that survey.

Only 66% of people said they would get vaccinated. People are disgustingly stupid.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Concerning amount of absolute morons in this country that believe anything controversial without a shred of evidence to back it up.

Just now, DAFC. said:

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Concerning amount of absolute morons in this country that believe anything controversial without a shred of evidence to back it up.

But they read something on Facebook! 

It's like these folk have a script. They'll claim to have 'done their research' (videos on Facebook and/or obscure articles elsewhere) and will claim some sort of conspiracy, sometimes involving microchips in the vaccine and usually claiming that vaccines cause autism. A popular one is to ask if you'd trust the government to make a vaccine, ignoring that the government didn't actually make it. Sheep/sheeple is in there, but they try not to use that too much as it gives them away.

They may also claim that the whole COVID thing is a scam for 'big pharma' to be able to make a fake vaccine for to make money, ignoring that 'big pharma' pump out all sorts of drugs all the time and have no need to do such a thing. This also ignores that in a tanking worldwide economy any such profits will be severely lessened anyway. It also ignores that they've had to spend loads to fast track it.

But then conspiracy theorist morons don't have the capacity to think about such things.

Edited by DA Baracus